Which canyon?

CanyonBiker
CanyonBiker Posts: 14
edited February 2018 in Road buying advice
I’m on the fence between the Aeroroad CF SLX 8.0 disc Di2 and the same version of the ultimate. They are about the same price. I’m a tall rider between XL and 2XL. I’ve been leaning to getting the Ultimate but I went to a Rapha rep and he said he enjoyed the more upright position of the Aero vs with the Ultimate he said it felt like you are more hunched over. I was expecting the opposite but thought I would check here. Thanks!

Comments

• dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    Ultimate stack to reach ratio (XL) is 1.47.

Aeroad stack to reach ratio (XL) is 1.41.

The higher the number the more upright your position is going to be. Not sure the Aeroad would feel more upright unless he rode with lots of spacers under the stem vs an Ultimate with a slammed stem.
  • whs^
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jollygiant
    jollygiant Posts: 117
    edited February 2018
    I'm 6ft 6 and have a 36inch inside leg.
    I have the Aeroad 8.0 disc 2XL and it fit me perfectly and a joy to ride. If thats any help
    Not that I've done that or while due to English winter and using an old bike on the turbo!
  • Evening folks, I’n also in the market for an Ultimate and have a sizing dilemma - I’m 6ft 2.5in with a 34” inside leg and currently riding a 60cm Trek Domane SLR6 which is a touch tall (but perfect reach). The Canyon sizing recommendation is a Large but I’m worried that it’ll feel cramped. Any advice welcomed.

I’m in West Yorks if anyone has an XL I could have a friendly try!
    It's sad how Wile E. Coyote is remembered for his violence, and not for his brilliantly realistic paintings of tunnels.
  • Right, I’ve decided to compare measurements with my GT Grade which is a 58 and fits me perfectly....I’m 190 cm tall.

GT Grade (58cm)
    Recommended rider height - 191-196
    Top tube - 580
    Stack - 627
    Reach - 382
    Head tube angle - 72
    Head tube - 207
    Wheelbase - 1,035
    Chainstay length - 430

Ultimate SLX (XL)
    Recommended rider height - 190 - 196
    Top tube - 596
    Stack - 613
    Reach - 418
    Head tube angle - 73.5
    Head tube - 202
    Wheelbase - 1,026
    Chainstay length - 410

Ultimate SLX (Large)
    Recommended rider height - 184 - 190
    Top tube - 572
    Stack - 592
    Reach - 399
    Head tube angle - 73.3
    Head tube - 181
    Wheelbase - 1,003
    Chainstay length - 410
    It's sad how Wile E. Coyote is remembered for his violence, and not for his brilliantly realistic paintings of tunnels.
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    I’m on the fence between the Aeroroad CF SLX 8.0 disc Di2 and the same version of the ultimate. They are about the same price. I’m a tall rider between XL and 2XL. I’ve been leaning to getting the Ultimate but I went to a Rapha rep and he said he enjoyed the more upright position of the Aero vs with the Ultimate he said it felt like you are more hunched over. I was expecting the opposite but thought I would check here. Thanks!

That’s the wrong way round. Ultimate is semi aggressive - Aeroad is very agressive.
  • TheSledge wrote:
    Right, I’ve decided to compare measurements with my GT Grade which is a 58 and fits me perfectly....I’m 190 cm tall.

GT Grade (58cm)
    Recommended rider height - 191-196
    Top tube - 580
    Stack - 627
    Reach - 382
    Head tube angle - 72
    Head tube - 207
    Wheelbase - 1,035
    Chainstay length - 430

Ultimate SLX (XL)
    Recommended rider height - 190 - 196
    Top tube - 596