friday welcome to the days you've made

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, much cloudy virtualness, even more, and then more, soon all europe shall be under my cloudy dominion, then the world, and relax

it's getting really quite nippy indeed now, at least it's dry, though the umpteen bits of road in london with water leaks may soon become ice sheets
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Mixing work with family responsibility today and working from a branch near were my Grandad is in hospital and being grannie taxi

Later is local, but I doubt to the same extent as last night
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, colder here this morning -4 according to my thermometer, next weeks weather looks terrible thank goodness for rollers/ trainers
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Managed to get a day off work which I'll be spending redoing sealant in the bathroom, breaking up the old mtb and finally going out on the new one.

Just trying to figure out the least cold and muddy place to try it out.
  • oxoman wrote:
    Morning, Site visit / 2nd interview followed by taking the lads out for lunch and bowling. Looking forward to freezing my butt off as it appears a little cool outside. Enjoy your Friday.

Good luck!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks and happy Friday,
    Doesn't feel like I've moved very far from death's door, but the trouble thinks I'm coughing less so maybe I'm on the mend. Still at home though which is getting tedious. Long chat with the lad last night, he's now in Sydney so the NZ part of his odyssey is done. One of his mates is flying out to join him on his travels in a few days so he's looking forward to that.
    Good luck Oxo, especially with making the right choice. When are you 'rents back TLW, have you said anything to them yet?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, stunning day out today kicked off with a cracking hazy sunrise.Shame I'm stuck in the office today ploughing through boring work so I can get away early. We are off to the GF's parents as her sister is home from working away for the first time in a year, they all get a bit soppy about it but it's always a good laugh. Went out on the new mtb for a decent loop from the house last night, bit of snow left on the hills and the moon was quite bright, living here definitely has it's benefits!
    Managed to get a day off work which I'll be spending redoing sealant in the bathroom, breaking up the old mtb and finally going out on the new one.

I've not been keeping up to date, what did you go for in the end?

Good luck Oxo
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning, Site visit / 2nd interview followed by taking the lads out for lunch and bowling. Looking forward to freezing my butt off as it appears a little cool outside. Enjoy your Friday.

Good luck dude!

Just turned on computer to find email about budget cutbacks. Hmmmm, lets have a read and report back .....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    When are you 'rents back TLW, have you said anything to them yet?

They got back at the weekend, so thankfully made the right decision as they had a great holiday

I’m doing today as my old chap thought he best pop into work as three weeks away and then rents duty all week, means he hasn’t been in once
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning decidedly nipp(l)y this morning pedalling in, fancy new castelli jacket came in handy.

Very chilled start this morning meeting with minions over some rather nice vanilla coffee and Pain aux raisins while debating which part of the office we are to invade.

Once desks have been moved pub has been proposed by management so who am I to argue, suspect a slightly inebriated wobble home later!

Other half has gone a bit mad to I think shes seen the weather and decided we need more firewood, this coming from the woman that hates using the wood burner mainly owing to her habit of opening it without gloves, even the dog knows you don't touch the firey thing when there fire inside it!

Anywho I need to oogle at the new McLaren F1 car which is actually work related for a change, toodles!
  • Good luck oxoman with the interview. I was going to apply for another job this week but decided not to as I couldn't be bothered. Think I will wait for redundancy calls - I can feel it in my bones.

In other news, I am receiving an alarming amount of pop-up ads for property in Wales. Perhaps someone is telling me something.

Bailing at midday and going to the pub. Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    Good luck oxoman with the interview. I was going to apply for another job this week but decided not to as I couldn't be bothered. Think I will wait for redundancy calls - I can feel it in my bones.

In other news, I am receiving an alarming amount of pop-up ads for property in Wales. Perhaps someone is telling me something.

Bailing at midday and going to the pub. Laters.

Wales.

God's own country.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Step83 wrote:
    Other half has gone a bit mad to I think shes seen the weather and decided we need more firewood, this coming from the woman that hates using the wood burner mainly owing to her habit of opening it without gloves, even the dog knows you don't touch the firey thing when there fire inside it!

My OH bought me gloves because I always do it without, not used them once. I frantically punch the handle with the side of my hand then whip the door open as fast as possible to avoid burns. I am an idiot.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    HaydenM wrote:
    My OH bought me gloves because I always do it without, not used them once. I frantically punch the handle with the side of my hand then whip the door open as fast as possible to avoid burns. I am an idiot.

Id been using a towel for ages but she said I should use gloves, she bought said gloves then proceeds not to use them. Further updates later maybe desk move is in progress.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    sungod wrote:
    soon all europe shall be under my cloudy dominion, then the world, and relax
    You've got clouds covered, I'm doing the tax side, although in a move that will make some Germans jealous I've conquered Europe already and am moving to global tax dodging.

Good luck to Oxo. I'm enjoying my last 5 weeks in the old job even though I still have to keep my mouth shut as they're not announcing it till next month along with a load of other changes. People are wondering why I'm smiling to myself in the office :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Wales.
    God's own country.
    Beware, there be dragons out there and the locals are a bit strange you could say.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    HaydenM wrote:
    I've not been keeping up to date, what did you go for in the end?
    Had a TranceX before so was thinking of getting last year's Anthem or Trance and was trying to find somewhere to demo one.
    Then a reminder popped up on eBay about a 2016 Spark someone down the road was selling but thought it was a bit expensive. Bid on it anyway and won it, collected on Monday but today's the first chance I've had to ride it.
    Really enjoyed riding it today, think we're going to get on. Finally jumped on the 650b, tapered steerer, tubeless, 1x train - it's like going from a SNES to an PS4.

What's your new big bike?
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Wales.
    God's own country.
    Beware, there be dragons out there and the locals are a bit strange you could say.

I’ve just spent 20 minutes looking for a picture of that English blokes holiday home in Wales that someone sprayed “fuckkk off English” all over years ago - no luck.

I did however discover that typing “fucckk off English” into google makes certain naughty pictures pop up.

OOOPS.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Wales.
    God's own country.

I’ve just spent 20 minutes looking for a picture of that English blokes holiday home in Wales that someone sprayed “fuckkk off English” all over years ago - no luck.

I did however discover that typing “fucckk off English” into google makes certain naughty pictures pop up.

OOOPS.
    Seem to remember some wag spray painted 'Plaid Cymru fire engine' across the side of a Shell petrol tanker in North Wales a while back.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    i see it's kicking off in the It's kicking off in ***** thread

outsiders coming into bb and 'dem causing disharmony (it rhyme), we need a bbexit vote
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    In the pub whilst the wife buys some wine, as we are going over to some friends

I’m happy
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:
    i see it's kicking off in the It's kicking off in ***** thread

outsiders coming into bb and 'dem causing disharmony (it rhyme), we need a bbexit vote
    Agreed. MM does spout a lot of shite, but the way some people follow him around the forums and internet at large is a bit strange. He lies, calling him out on that is fine. But the stalking is weird.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Mashoof cote de boeuf from the butcher near work. Seared so all the smoke alarms go off, then slow oven to 55 degrees internal temperature. Chips, mushrooms sauteed in butter with tarragon and finished with the beef juices and just a bit of cognac, some token leaves. Something red and rustic from the Roussillon. La vie est belle ce soir. Mrs H3 seems grumpy, so I'm sure my good mood will disappear shortly.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Me tinkered with old new banger me. 3 ot of 4 jobs jobbed,

Tomorrow, more facias, scraping old paint off and painting at PPP. Might light both woodburners to keep me warm whilst I work. That'll use a shed load of wood up. It's a good job I have a shed load of wood.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    This thing?

f1-mclaren-mcl33-launch-2018-fernando-alonso-mclaren-7616469.jpg
  • veronese68
    Old Grey Whistle Test on BBC4 with whispering Bob Harris. Shame the first act is Kiki Dee.
  • Matthewfalle
    Soooooooo tired. Goin* to bed. Out on bike in the morning so will freeze to death.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Soooooooo tired. Goin* to bed. Out on bike in the morning so will freeze to death.

Either that or you'll loose your gonads.
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    You mean he's having a sex change.

It would explain everything.