Fizik R1B Uomo

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited February 2018 in Road buying advice
Anybody using these? they seem to be slightly larger sizing than my old Sidi's, gotta make a decision on whether to keep them and put the cleats on but while wearing them on a carpet, heel moves in the shoe more than I would expect, not a massive amount and could be when on a pedal it won't be noticeable. Just wondered if any other Fizik wearers noticed anything?
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    Yes got them myself. Had them for a couple of years now and like you i probably bought a size too large for my feet. However on the bike i dont feel it has any negative effect and it just means you have to tighten them slightly more than you would the correct size. They are very comfortable and stiff mind you.
  • bianchimoon
    dstev55 wrote:
    Yes got them myself. Had them for a couple of years now and like you i probably bought a size too large for my feet. However on the bike i dont feel it has any negative effect and it just means you have to tighten them slightly more than you would the correct size. They are very comfortable and stiff mind you.
    Thanks, seem very comfortable, bit of heel movement, but an extra footbed might help and a very good tightening system
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I dont have the R1s but do have the R3bs.
    Much like you two I bought a size too big.

The biggest improvement I found was from fitting some specialized inner soles.
  • bianchimoon
    Dannbodge wrote:
    I dont have the R1s but do have the R3bs.
    Much like you two I bought a size too big.

The biggest improvement I found was from fitting some specialized inner soles.
    Thanks DB will try some different insoles, decided to keep them as they were pretty good value and lots of reports say the heel rocking issue is pretty common, but people don’t have an issue while riding