Rapid trainig program: HELP please

DBar69
DBar69 Posts: 3
Lads, hoping for some advice. Last year I signed up for a 500km (100km a day over 5 days) charity ride in Southeast Asia. I head off in a week so really hoping to turn it up in the last few days. I haven’t trained much but there are a few girls doing it…so I’m thinking it can’t be too hard.

So far I’ve done 3 spin session over the last month and yesterday I did a couple laps round the park (about 20km) on my roadie. I got pretty chafed riding on the road so this morning I bought an indoor wind trainer. Does anyone have advice on a rapid training wind trainer program?

I’m hoping I can really get it together in the last week.

Are there any things I should know to make cycling easier? Should I shave my legs/arms etc? What about those energy gels from bike stores? Do they help? Does anyone know if I could take like 50 into Thailand or can you buy them there?

Feel free to mention any other tips and tricks.

Cheers, Dan.

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    The girls will kick your ass.

There's nothing you can do in the last week apart from tire yourself out and start knackered.

Have you got any information from the Bike ride ? Normally they'll mention food on the ride.

Gels are a messy and expensive way to do it. I prefer flapjacks and gingerbread from a Bento box on the top tube.

How much did you raise for the ride?
  • Shave your legs, arms and hands. That will make you more aero and help you keep up with the girls.
  • As well as shaving, go for the back, crack and sack wax.

Dont worry about training, anyone can ride 100km
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    I hope your job is nothing to do with long term planning.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    Have you considered emergency liposuction?

Be careful, they might not be real girls.
  • I think you might be joking with this post...? If not, I'd be interested to see a day 3 update on the state of your legs and seat bones!
  • Yeah, thanks for the suggestions... I guess I’ll just grab a bento box on my way to get liposuction and a sack, back and crack wax.

Sorry I couldn’t take time away from making hundreds. Of thousands. Of dollars to train for an easy 500kms
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I was serious about the Bento box.

You're coming across as a bit of a sexist nob here.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    DBar69 wrote:
    Yeah, thanks for the suggestions... I guess I’ll just grab a bento box on my way to get liposuction and a sack, back and crack wax.

Sorry I couldn’t take time away from making hundreds. Of thousands. Of dollars to train for an easy 500kms

Vtech - is that you?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Not very funny for a wind up merchant.

2/10

Must try harder.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Training for 60 miles a day for 5 days - in a weeks time ...

A bit too late? There's no training that you can do now that'll improve your endurance.

Sort the chaffing out though - get a decent pair of shorts / bibshorts and wear them for the next few days - you might want some chamois cream too.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Prioritising becoming rich and powerful instead of fit does not necessarily mean a disaster. Just have organisers to postpone the event until you are deem yourself fit.
  • Just give some money to charity yourself. Problem solved.
  • john1967
    john1967 Posts: 366
    Probably the worst wind up post I've ever seen.
  • Easy. Just ride 100km per day for the next five days. Second time is always easier.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    cooldad wrote:

2/10

Must try harder.

Really poor.

If it's an easy 500km, why would you need advice anyway.
    Nonsensical.
    At least troll with a vague semblance of intelligent thinking.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • I'l work for you, I like nobs as managers, I'll even throw in an arse crack greasing.
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • cooldad wrote:

2/10

Must try harder.

Nailed it.