monday hunting down the guilty, offering the chance of redemption, only to snatch it away, with fire

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, early webex, bail early

feeling the need to do some smiting
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Erm, its still Sunday...hope you haven't been on those herbal ciggies SG.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Non zero probability of it being Monday.

Or sungod is battered.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Maybe sungod is a bot and the internal clock got confused between am and pm?
  • sungod
    i started early, this daily thing needs shaking up
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    i started early, this daily thing needs shaking up
    That's cheating unless you're in a way distant time zone. Rules of of da game are it has to be on the day and after you get up.

Now behave...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    next thing you'll be claiming the reality of time!
  • hopkinb
    Well, as it's Monday, I'm having a bit of beef and some posh oven chips along with one of those m&s pots of veg you stick in the microwave. Accompanied by a cheap, cheerful sunny Languedoc red.
  • sungod
    i'm considering a vlaamse stoverij, haven't made one for a while, mrs s not keen but i'll happily eat all of it
  • hopkinb
    Carbonnade and chips? I'll bring the dubbels.
  • It most certainly is Monday.

Not that it makes any difference, I'm still not going to work. Will have to eventually I guess, but not for a while.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    6:00 am start, meetings all day*. Looking forward to an update on the Merlin situation.

* Post dated.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Is it ok to post in here yet?

Shoot sleep considering the exercise and ale

Today is a mixed commute, should really drive all the way but need to get the miles in, later is unplanned but as the rest of the house is off all week, so they will want to do something
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    What’s happening, a Monday thread on a Sunday, or is Sunday the new Monday?

Raining this morning, and a bad week forecast for us cyclists, Jackie spent the weekend in York, when she walked in she passed me a carrier bag with the words here is a present for you, a box of liquorice all sorts, what a result
    Have a good week
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Shattered - pretty sleepless night so be looking at the ceiling since 2:30.

Going to go to work to sleep.

Cold wet again out there.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    revised plans in view of soggy conditions, cafe soon followed by wfh and creating new concepts in cloudy stuff

fighting the urge to get the el diablos, have told myself they won't look right on a black fork, may need to break out photoshop and do a composite to see how it would look
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    How we’re all these people writing on a Monday thread on a Sunday?
    Lungs are still trying to invert themselves. Not going to work as I can’t talk without having a coughing fit. Wife wants me to go to the quacks but I’m not convinced, I’ll call them because I do like a quiet life and it is her birthday so I should be nice* to her.
    Might have another kip in a bit.

* nicer than my usual wonderful self that is.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    TLW1 wrote:
    Today is a mixed commute, should really drive all the way but need to get the miles in
    Think I drove past you...driving all the way because of lack of sleep and was hoping to collect a bike I'd bought on eBay after work but the seller isn't home until 7pm.
    I think riding around Llandegla in the ice yesterday has given me a new dose of manflu. Should've done the reliability ride instead.
    Already had breakfast, might have to go looking for more food later.
  • hopkinb
    Back living the dream. Wet morning, hopefully this will improve, though at least it was warm. Nice chat with a young woman who I scared with my noisy disc brakes. A few work issues arose while I was away, so a productive morning beckons, before a burrito as big as a baby's arm at lunchtime.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Fark this Monday is dragging a bit.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Turned out not the most fun Monday ever. Spent a couple hours on an HP water cleaner doing the sandstone flagging out the front, then fixing a submersible pump from sullage pit this arvo... yetch..
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, it is wet, this displeases me greatly.

Weathers set to go somewhat Baltic later this week which again, displeases me, role on spring!
  • Stevo_666
    Not a bad day so far as I've got the day off work, so enjoy it wage slaves.

Been out to the shops to get some stuff and now doing a bit of admin and jobs etc, but more at V68 pace than my usual pace :) Maybe another coffee then some lunch...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    S5 frameset has arrived, TT bike has some interest for sale, curry lunch s simmering away.

Turning out ok this is, see.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    It most certainly is Monday.

Isn't it Tuesday already?

I think SG has set a precedent (No, not a cheesy precedent Brie or Camembert Hoppy) as the first man in history to overdose on pineapple. I had not anticipated the side effect of being able to condense time though.

Plasterers have finished plastering the plaster. Looks really good.
    Whilst they were busy finishing that off, Mrs Pinno and I went for a jolly in the old new banger along sweeping roads with all the pleasant views of bonnie Galloway. That's the pretty end, not the large intestine bit that is this end.
    128 mile round trip to be told implants are £2k a shot and then have some lunch which was a bit cheaper,
    There will always be blenders and soup.

Still got this manflu head cold lergy thing. Head feels like it's underwater. I got a lot of catching up to do fitness wise but i'm going to challenge VN to 2 laps around the medical practice car park. Perhaps just outside the A&E dept., probably wiser.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TLW1 wrote:
    Today is a mixed commute, should really drive all the way but need to get the miles in
    Think I drove past you........
    Bet I was slow