friday the lust for pineapple assuaged for now, eternity shall be sundered to slake our thirst for s

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, wfh, mount tubs glued yesterday, veg out

maybe do a few laps as it looks dry at last
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing but dry, hopefully an outside ride today, a mild weekend forecast for a change, shopping shortly, then the weekend to myself, mrs ld is going to York
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice walk with puppy and eldest, even left them both off the lead for a while

Now gathering warm clothes for the ride into local branch - a win for a Friday
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Chillin’ on da couch with Das Hound, bambino, coffee and the Winter Olympics.

Heading out on single speeder in a bit to stretch legs.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Still have my second plague of the year, bored of it already. Roll on the warmer weather. Drove in this morning as absolutely no energy, walking to get my lunch yesterday left me out of breath. Colleague hasn't commented on the chocolate ring I stashed in his bag yesterday, either he didn't find it or it's somewhere around my desk. I'd better check when he's not looking.
    Very glad it's Friday, was particularly difficult getting out of bed this morning as the Mrs has the day off to spend some time with female child. Thankfully it wasn't me that woke her but the neighbours screaming at 6am.
    Right, who's going to make me another cup of tea?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    York via Baslow for me. Bickering children and much traipsing around is very much on the horizon..
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning etc etc, cold frosty an slippy this morning made for a slightly bum squeaking pedal in.

Very quiet day planned pub at lunch and lots of heavy reading after, guess I should learn what products the company actually supply!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    It's all stations go at PPP. Plasterers plastering and front door being fitted.

Me hanging back so as not to be in the way but going there soon with minion #4 to do some sorting, lifting, shifting.

Croissant and coffee* number 2 already consumed.

*Proper beverage VN.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    *Proper beverage VN.
    Different beverages have their place at different times. Mid morning coffee is perfect, first thing I prefer tea and in the evening I'd rather a beer if I'm out.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    *Proper beverage VN.
    Different beverages have their place at different times. Mid morning coffee is perfect, first thing I prefer tea and in the evening I'd rather a beer if I'm out.
    Espresso until lunchtime. Tea in the afternoon, preferably earl grey, black. Otherwise water, until the sun is over the yardarm.
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    *Proper beverage VN.

Seeing as I've been awake since 5AM, mid morning to me is about 9:30AM, so Lavazza Rosso is now a solid hour late. Off to get some hot water and solve that issue. Pubs open in about five minutes though. Or two early?
  • veronese68
    It was once pointed out to me by a sailor that the yardarm is not a fixed object, this means as long as the sun has risen the yardarm can be placed below it. No idea how true this is but it's good enough for me.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    It was once pointed out to me by a sailor that the yardarm is not a fixed object, this means as long as the sun has risen the yardarm can be placed below it. No idea how true this is but it's good enough for me.

In the words of Captain Goodvibes... "Sun's up. Time for a Gin & Tonic"
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Veronese68 wrote:

By time I get to have a drink, the sun will be up in your end of the world. Headed North to visit my old dear, setting off this evening once I've had a bit to eat/worst of London rush hour has died down so can't imagine getting in much before 1am. May have to have a night cap as the traffic is bound to be shyte for at least the Southern section of the journey. Ho hum.

At least I'm making progress on recruiting my replacement.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

By time I get to have a drink, the sun will be up in your end of the world. Headed North to visit my old dear, setting off this evening once I've had a bit to eat/worst of London rush hour has died down so can't imagine getting in much before 1am. May have to have a night cap as the traffic is bound to be shyte for at least the Southern section of the journey. Ho hum.

You would be there earlier in an amg
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    ...Lavazza Rosso...

That's our preferred substance. The Qualita d'Oro is nicer but really pricey.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    ...Lavazza Rosso...

I was going to get a bag but ended up with some Taylors Java Lava instead which apparently is very nice, im yet to see this though.
    Also a bit disconcerting with the Lavazza "bricks" when they hiss at you as you open them. May get some Qualita d'Oro when this runs low.

Post pub update, should have eaten before necking a few Aspalls, off to find the sandwiches and some coffee.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    ...Lavazza Rosso...

We get ours through amazon monthly thing so brings it down.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    ...Lavazza Rosso...

Also a bit disconcerting with the Lavazza "bricks" when they hiss at you as you open them.

? It's just vacuum packed. Actually, although you can get beans and grind them yourself, the Lavazza is pretty good and good enough for me.

I'm going to have a look on Amazon...
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

You would be there earlier in an amg
    More importantly, it would be much more fun getting there. Although whether it would still be there tomorrow morning is another question.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Apparently, joy riding cretins prefer auto's 'cos they can actually drive them.

You know; put it in drive and squeeze the juice.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

Not sure they're that discerning here - anyhow hitting the road shortly as the roads don't seem too bad if I believe the traffic reports...
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:

Most of them are baffled but the clutch let alone things like indicators.

Also, im debating wheels for tomorrow as its dry and shall continue being dry tomorrow with little in the way of wind, do I dare venture on the deep dish plastics? :?
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Most of them are baffled but the clutch let alone things like indicators.

Also, im debating wheels for tomorrow as its dry and shall continue being dry tomorrow with little in the way of wind, do I dare venture on the deep dish plastics? :?

I wouldn't dare show that paint job in public :wink:
    (Unless you go like the Hoppy heading out of Coventry).
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

I wouldn't dare show that paint job in public :wink:
    (Unless you go like the Hoppy heading out of Coventry).

Ooh, I like that one!

York is nice. It's a bit like the South, and not everyone looks like they have malnutrition and/or an interesting skin complaint.

Deeps Step83, I've been riding mine all winter. I've only fallen off once...
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    and not everyone looks like they have malnutrition and/or an interesting skin complaint.
    Don't worry, I'm in Redcar so I've got that one covered. Tomorrow I'll be the only bloke on the High Street without a gammy leg.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    and not everyone looks like they have malnutrition and/or an interesting skin complaint.
    Don't worry, I'm in Redcar so I've got that one covered. Tomorrow I'll be the only bloke on the High Street without a gammy leg.
    Just a gammy arm
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Just a gammy arm
    And relatively speaking I'll be the malnourished one. Better have a chicken parmo tonight.
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Just a gammy arm

:D