thursday laying waste to entire galaxies in the quest for pineapple, reality itself shall crumble be

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, many webexes of surpassing tedium await

time to glue on a couple of tubs, shall they be new or ones i repaired, hmmmmm, new may get damaged before hols, repaired means changing again before i head off, uk roads are shite
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , just about to take the dog out, no frost or strong wind this morning which is nice,
    I have a few jobs to do around the house later on, the main one replacing the towel rail / radiator in the bathroom
    Put the repaired tubs on Sungod keep the new ones for your hols
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    mmm beetroot, not for brekkie though

yes i think the old patched carbons will be going back on
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Damp ride to the office, but left my phone at home so it's not on Strava so it didn't happen in reality.
    Got a list of people to ring to arrange meetings for tomorrow and a load of gantt charts to try and make in the meantime.

Looking forward to the weekend already. Might go to a demo day to try and get a new big bike sorted.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    oxoman wrote:
    Got yearly appraisal later with boss and I don't think he's expecting to get verbally shot to pieces.

Do they know you're leaving? Will they offer you something to stay? I've not been paying proper attention to these threads so apologies if this has already been answered...

Conference call at 9:30, site completion meeting at 11:30, might drop in to a few other forests on the way home but it's new bike day and I can't contain my childish excitement. Might be the coffee though
  • haydenm
    Morning

Damp ride to the office, but left my phone at home so it's not on Strava so it didn't happen in reality.
    Got a list of people to ring to arrange meetings for tomorrow and a load of gantt charts to try and make in the meantime.

Looking forward to the weekend already. Might go to a demo day to try and get a new big bike sorted.

A genius idea, leave your phone at home, no strava, didn't happen, essentially teleport to work? Must try that

Also, hooray for big bikes. What are you hoping to demo?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Beetroot? Black pudding is my superfood of choice.

Morning folks,
    Feeling slightly more human than yesterday, the sweats stopped at some point during the night at least. I felt so bad yesterday I didn't make it to the pub and the Mrs didn't bother cooking the steak she got me for Valentine's dinner. Didn't feel well enough to pedal in, but I did bring the bike with me as it's still in the back of the car from when I picked it up yesterday.
    Rather mild out this morning and a little moist, I'm really looking forward to proper spring weather. I've just had a message from my sister skiing in Italy and also a picture of the lad chilling by a lake in NZ. Opposite extremes but either would do me right now.
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    27.5 hardtail and 27.5 full suss to compare, probably 120-150 travel but I'm open minded. Just something that's nice to ride and works.
    Priced up new forks+new wheel+new headset for current broken bike and it was a good chunk of cash I could use on a whole new bike :roll:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    In Cov. Nice and sunny at least. The M1 beckons.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    recovery continues. able to push on the hills.

tired now need snooze
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Beetroot? Black pudding is my superfood of choice.

Morning folks,
    Feeling slightly more human than yesterday, the sweats stopped at some point during the night at least. I felt so bad yesterday I didn't make it to the pub and the Mrs didn't bother cooking the steak she got me for Valentine's dinner. Didn't feel well enough to pedal in, but I did bring the bike with me as it's still in the back of the car from when I picked it up yesterday.
    Rather mild out this morning and a little moist, I'm really looking forward to proper spring weather. I've just had a message from my sister skiing in Italy and also a picture of the lad chilling by a lake in NZ. Opposite extremes but either would do me right now.
    Tell her the steak is for the 14th of March...

and I'm sure bacon is a superfood as it definitely tastes super.

Anyhow, had an early trip to the physio where he caused some pain. Now working from home as have the dentist this afternoon. Next task is to review some dodgy CV :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Next task is to review some dodgy CV :wink:
    How do you stick a bundle of £50s into the envelope when emailing a CV?
  • Superfood discussion in BB?

Whatever next. Boost that nitric oxide
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning fellow pineapple connoisseur's

This mornings superfood was Sausage I think beans are technically the "superfood" but the sausages tasted better.

wafted to work on No2 metal pedaller this morning, thought id use it for the reason I built it up again. Non strava day for me too, negated the fact I don't have a garmin mount an the phone was in my pack so I to teleported in, just have a bike shaped ornament behind me.

Working on finding an image of one of the minions for you lot. Bar that and debating what coffee to make its a stressful day thus far.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    These bankers have ways of getting money to the right places.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Scan the £50s, attach the .pdf. :D
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Don't forget to zip it an password it, don't want just anyone picking up his £50's
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Don't forget to zip it an password it, don't want just anyone picking up his £50's
    I remember when there were those anti-capitalist riots in the City quite a few years back: the traders in one of the commodity exchanges photocopied 50 quid notes and threw them out the window onto the scruffy lefty vegans in the street :D Accompanied by some well chosen words and sign language.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning

No need to use Strava on your route into work, as I did a good time yesterday on the hill(ish) we met and happy with it for once, so don’t want it beaten
  • tlw1
    Lots of meeting stuff today which meant an early start but a free lunch :)

Later is unplanned, must resist the pub
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    No need to use Strava on your route into work, as I did a good time yesterday on the hill(ish) we met and happy with it for once, so don’t want it beaten
    Strava flagged and deleted my best time up that hill, said it was impossible and must've been a GPS fault even though there are another 10 people ahead of me...
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Strava flagged and deleted my best time up that hill, said it was impossible and must've been a GPS fault even though there are another 10 people ahead of me...
    That's because TLW was upset you beat him.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    in london. it really isn't great.

the only polite, nice, good looking, well dressed people seem to be those the brexiteers want to keep out.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    That's because TLW was upset you beat him.

He was probably using gears
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    You what now? Who are you and why have you got TLW's log in?
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

We all know I won’t (unless long commute tomorrow)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Mango, Mini bio-yoghurts, Cranberry juice and Shredded wheat or Weetabix. It's got me this far this winter.

Did some pruning and tidying in the garden, in the bitter wind at PPP today. Then had a sauna. Then went back with tyre goo for mower and started it - no probs after 5 months.
    Despite trying to melt the ear wax, they're both blocked. Which is handy. More olive oil methinks. Can't hear a bloody thing.

Plasterers still plastering plaster. New front door is getting installed tomorrow. It's all go.

Why does it feel like Friday today?!

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    in london. it really isn't great.

the only polite, nice, good looking, well dressed people seem to be those the brexiteers want to keep out.
    Why do they want to keep me out?

Sounds like if you go back to Wales as quick as you can its a win-win situation :wink:
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    27.5 hardtail and 27.5 full suss to compare, probably 120-150 travel but I'm open minded. Just something that's nice to ride and works.
    Priced up new forks+new wheel+new headset for current broken bike and it was a good chunk of cash I could use on a whole new bike :roll:

Nice, I've just been out on my new Clockwork Evo which I would highly recommend. Only bought this to put off the pain of having to wait until the summer for a new 150mm travel bike, all too expensive but too much to choose from really
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Good luck Oxo.

Did you send your CV to Bovril?

I'll get my coat.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

We all know I won’t (unless long commute tomorrow)

To quote Britney............... oops I did it again