wednesday on the front of the lhc beam dump

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, do some powerpointing, demo for gmc punter of gmc, bail, or perhaps swap the order of the last two
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good morning, just walked the dog, very slippery under foot, it looks like it’s been freezing all night, be careful on if your commuting on your bike
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Last day in Barca so headin* out shortly to make the most of it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Last day in Barca so headin* out shortly to make the most of it.

Watch out for thieves and crooks
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Seemed to have picked up a new variation of the plague, started coughing yesterday and was having hot and cold sweats last night. Drove in this morning as I had left the bike here yesterday, still not feeling great so I'm considering bailing early once I've sorted a few bits out. Bit chilly out this morning, but nice clear sky at least.
    I wonder if Stevo or H³ are having any regrets this morning.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hybrid commute - had to work hard as I slept in due to youngest rugrat being ill during the night
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:

Only that I rode home! The weather was totally filthy. Then it was freezing this morning, so I soft-pedaled in, so as to stay upright.

Was good to see Stevo last night, lots to chat about.

Driving up to Cov tonight, leaving the hound with my mum, then driving up to Chesterfield to see Mrs H3's mum's family on Thursday, then York on Friday, staying Friday and Saturday night, back to collect the mutt and drive back to London on Sunday.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Tired today, office day but I'm ludicrously excited for new bike day tomorrow. Can't say I'm looking forward to racing the big mountain bike this weekend, I want to ride the new one but it'll be a good group ride and another free t-shirt so hey ho.

PSA- It's Valentine's day so remember to pop back via the garage for some flowers on your way home
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Strong coffee on brew as we speak, USB cup warmer is heating up. Shall be typing furiously most of the day sorting out what my two minions shall be doing. I fear though I inadvertently picked a duffer, easy on the eye just overly cheerful and giggly (see tipsy).

Apparently its Valentines day today so I need to go to the local quarry and get some stones to through at a martyr later.
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    ... easy on the eye just overly cheerful and giggly (see tipsy).
    You know the rules.

I remembered it was Valentines day today as we were heading into Hayes for a ruby last night. Didn't find anything there so made my colleague stop on the way home afterwards so I could duck into Sainsbury's and buy a top quality card.
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    I fear though I inadvertently picked a duffer, easy on the eye just overly cheerful and giggly (see tipsy).

You picked up a drunk girl?

This could probably go in the trivial things that cheer you up thread but there is a huge row brewing at work. Cheers me up because everyone is thoroughly worked up about it and I couldn't care less. No one wants to talk about it in the open so I keep having hush hush conversations about stuff I shouldn't know about, but apparently everyone in the industry seems to already know. Trying to decide whether to sit on the fence and mine for information, or try and play some sort of game.
  • step83
    HaydenM wrote:
    You picked up a drunk girl?

I have a face for radio, was that or the local centre for the blind 8)
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You know the rules.

I will sort this out, fear not.

Hayden, my own experience of this at my last job, sit on the fence that way if things go wonky one way or the other you can avoid being put into the loosing side so to speak.
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    Hayden, my own experience of this at my last job, sit on the fence that way if things go wonky one way or the other you can avoid being put into the loosing side so to speak.

Good advice. To be honest, I think we know what way it will go and all I can do is put myself in a strong position with a shred of integrity. Already sown the seeds for a masters or further qualifications, it'll look very good given the potential outcomes. I'm just enjoying the conversations from the other two guys in my office who are on different sides but only ever talk to me about it, one is a director, the other is my line manager so hence the temptation to lay some groundwork for myself
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    hopkinb wrote:

Ahem [coughs]... I do hope you've filled out an application form and followed the correct procedures.

Plasterers still plastering plaster today. It's looking sort of like a house. Booked hols in self catering in GarryH country. I might go poke him with a stick while I am there to see if he squeaks.

Hot curry and beer cures lergy. In other news, it's pi$$ing down sleety rainy stuff.

Office politics :roll:

Must move van before I irritate the neighbours more than I already do. They have a barky dog, slightly aggressive. Doesn't like blokes. She was out on the loose last night and I was within an inch of donning the steel toe capped boots and giving it the what for. Cat would look up to me (momentarily). If it did get a hold of my cat, I would have to tie it to the tow hitch and take it for a brisk walk.
    Sorry of that upsets dog lovers but I like dogs, just not aggressive one's.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Only that I rode home! The weather was totally filthy. Then it was freezing this morning, so I soft-pedaled in, so as to stay upright.

Driving up to Cov tonight, leaving the hound with my mum, then driving up to Chesterfield to see Mrs H3's mum's family on Thursday, then York on Friday, staying Friday and Saturday night, back to collect the mutt and drive back to London on Sunday.
    No regrets, although clearly shady deals remain shady deals - especially in the city :)

I'd like to be pedalling but have to be patient and in the meantime lay off the pies a bit. Headed North this Friday evening to visit the old dear and make sure the house hasn't burnt down. In the mean time have s**t loads of work to get through even though I haven't started the new job yet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Ahem [coughs]... I do hope you've filled out an application form and followed the correct procedures.
    What, like buying me a beer?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    ... easy on the eye just overly cheerful and giggly (see tipsy).
    You know the rules.

I remembered it was Valentines day today as we were heading into Hayes for a ruby last night. Didn't find anything there so made my colleague stop on the way home afterwards so I could duck into Sainsbury's and buy a top quality card.
    Good point, better get my Tesco 'Value' Valentine card on the way home :)

That said, don't forget 14th March is when we expect payback.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Pfffffffffffffffft...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Last day in Barca so headin* out shortly to make the most of it.

Watch out for thieves and crooks

gracias!

you say that: it was quite amusing down Las Ramblas last night having a coffee and watching the one guy selling gear, the other guy dicking for the pick pocket, the plain clothes busies being busy..... its mad. stuff normal people wouldn't notice going on.

the first message you get on your 'phone is one that says "welcome to Barcelona. You probably won't be leaving with this telephone....".

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    just for utterly lovely tapas and vino tinto, now poped back home for 20 mins before heading out again.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Pfffffffffffffffft...
    What's wrong? Are you or Mrs. P vegetarian? :wink:
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'noon

Been out all morning in a waterlogged overgrown field looking for nails. Oh it was snowing too for a bit.

I'm sure there's some stuff I'm supposed to be doing this afternoon, I'm sure I'll remember at 5pm.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    'noon

Been out all morning in a waterlogged overgrown field looking for nails. Oh it was snowing too for a bit.

I'm sure there's some stuff I'm supposed to be doing this afternoon, I'm sure I'll remember at 5pm.

Toe or finger?
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    'noon

Toe or finger?
    Nothing that exciting. Steel ones.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    'noon

Toe or finger?

You have heard of B&Q, Wickes, Screwfix etc? :lol:
  • thistle_
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    'noon

Toe or finger?
    You have heard of B&Q, Wickes, Screwfix etc? :lol:
    Yeah but someone hammered these in 5 years ago so we could go back and check the ground hadn't moved.
    Would've helped if they'd recorded where they put them in the first place :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    just been to Sagrada Famiglia cathedral thing.

its ok I suppose but I don't really see what the fuss is about - its like a poor man's St Theodores in Port Talbot.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    'noon

Why would you hammer nails into a field?
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    'noon

Why would you hammer nails into a field?

so you know where you left your cow. Edwyn does it all the time.

Shona? Shes two paces from the large nail by the fence. Works perfectly.

obvs, innit.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Got the paperwork through for my new job today. That cheered me up.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    What, like buying me a beer?
    A beer? I didn’t think you were so cheap that one would do.