thursday in the jungles of burma on the trail of the carnivorous aubergine of rangoon

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, stuff, wfh

foolishly agreed to dinner with punter, not in mood, plus it's probably frumious bandersnatch on the menu, on plus side euro chum from gmc will be there, maybe we can leave early and go revelling
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, still cold and windy here in the East, hopefully I will be out on the bike later, I have been working for the last couple of days, I think full retirement is on the cards
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao fellas

Sooo dark and cold out there. About to walk the Hound Das Hound. Great.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just found a tenner in the road.

GET IN!!!!!!!!!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Decidedly parky out there this morning, drove in as out for lunch with the Mrs later. Heated screens are a thing of joy on mornings like this, lovely blue sky out there now.
    Reasonably busy again unfortunately but tea drinking continues unabated. Had a few messages from the lad this morning he'd been white water rafting but was more excited about the fact he won $25 in a table climbing competition.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today has started shoot, message from hospital that grandad hasn't improved and a picture from parents of them in rio (haven't told them about grandad) and to top it off for the 4th week I've started with manflu just before the weekend :(
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Today has started shoot, message from hospital that grandad hasn't improved and a picture from parents of them in rio (haven't told them about grandad)
    That's horrible, you're in a bit of a lose/lose situation. Hope he improves and all is well. We had a bit of a dilemna about telling the lad my old man had cancer. We eventually told him when we found out what type and what they were going to do and a vague idea of the prognosis. If we hadn't told him and the worst happened he'd have been really upset we hadn't said anything. Nobody thinks he should come back, but he has said if he takes a turn for the worse he wants to come back. Ultimately that's his choice, but I hope with all my heart it doesn't come to that.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162

GET IN!!!!!!!!!
    In Wales that has to be some sort of trap.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Working from home today to get stuff done without too much interruption. Which I seem to be managing so far. Also managed to get our advisors to book us a slap up dinners somewhere posh later this month - probably helped that we've just signed a new contract with them.

Good luck with the family stuff TLW and V68. I've been there before and probably will have to again before too long so I know what its like.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    For the amusement of all you bracketeers...

https://youtu.be/RZdErXjF0k8
  • Matthewfalle
    edited February 2018
    Stevo 666 wrote:

GET IN!!!!!!!!!

So long as you don't spend too much time bent over picking it up then generally you're fine.

Also had a lovely bicycle ride in, going to sack off gym session and go for extended ride home after work.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb wrote:

Hope you're ok Hoppy.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:

Had to listen with no sound at work so didn't hear any comedy swearing. Looked like the cause of it didn't quite fall off but had the decency to stop at least.
  • hopkinb
    All fine thanks wheelspinner. Though my old bones are starting to stiffen up a bit now.

No comedy swearing, as it all happened a bit quickly, and the guy was very apologetic. I did collide with the back of his scooter and knocked a couple of bits off it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Shall we go and burn his house down?

And out of interest, did any of the 600 people who rode past you ask you how you were/if you needed a hand?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb

And out of interest, did any of the 600 people who rode past you ask you how you were/if you needed a hand?

Well, I do have his numberplate if I pause the video at the right place, so presumably some light arson could be possible if my leg still hurts in a few days. :)

There were a few people at the side of the road making sure everyone was OK and bikes were OK etc, and the scooterist did stop and checked I was OK. I wouldn't stop if there were already people stopped unless I had medical expertise. No complaints on that front, despite a seemingly endless stream of cyclists looking like they were ignoring me!
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

Well, I do have his numberplate if I pause the video at the right place, so presumably some light arson could be possible if my leg still hurts in a few days. :)

There were a few people at the side of the road making sure everyone was OK and bikes were OK etc, and the scooterist did stop and checked I was OK. I wouldn't stop if there were already people stopped unless I had medical expertise. No complaints on that front, despite a seemingly endless stream of cyclists looking like they were ignoring me!

It's nothing do with medical expertise - it's a polite "are you ok - bike all good"

We know who they are from the video. We'll set up a lad of Claymores over the next few days. That'll learn them.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:

Whoops - at least you're posting so you can't be too bad.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Glad you're ok hop. I've no comment to make on your bike handling :P
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    Glad you're ok hop. I've no comment to make on your bike handling :P

:lol: Ice is a great leveler...
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    still sick :(
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Back from site visits, a million jobs to get done and it feels like a Friday so I have no motivation... gah
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Today has started shoot, message from hospital that grandad hasn't improved and a picture from parents of them in rio (haven't told them about grandad)
    That's horrible, you're in a bit of a lose/lose situation. Hope he improves and all is well. We had a bit of a dilemna about telling the lad my old man had cancer. We eventually told him when we found out what type and what they were going to do and a vague idea of the prognosis. If we hadn't told him and the worst happened he'd have been really upset we hadn't said anything. Nobody thinks he should come back, but he has said if he takes a turn for the worse he wants to come back. Ultimately that's his choice, but I hope with all my heart it doesn't come to that.

Shite situation for you both, best wishes.

5 years ago I went to see the oncologist to discuss my latest MRI following problems that I had developed. He informed me that my cancer appeared to have spread to surrounding soft tissue, which theoretically could be operated on. :) But it also showed that the cancer had spread to my bones which made any operation pointless. :(
    My daughter was particularly upset, crying whenever she came round and I passed on a part time job I had been offered as I wasn't keen on working until I dropped.
    3 weeks later after further deliberations my oncologist told me that the cancer probably hadn't spread and the shadows on the MRI were probably due to damage caused by radiotherapy. :lol:

The fact that I am still here posting bollox means that he was probably right.
  • veronese68
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pleased to hear it, probably. :lol:

I'm very aware it's all best guess rather than being a precise science. I was told my lymphoma had come back and I'd have to have stem cell treatment including 6 weeks in isolation and all that. I thought it might have been a reaction to my deodorant making my glands swell. Had a scan and it turns out I was probably right.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    'strewth, glad you chaps are probably ok

fitted new bearings to shiny bike, non-grindy crank rotation restored
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ballysmate
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pleased to hear it, probably. :lol:

I'm very aware it's all best guess rather than being a precise science. I was told my lymphoma had come back and I'd have to have stem cell treatment including 6 weeks in isolation and all that. I thought it might have been a reaction to my deodorant making my glands swell. Had a scan and it turns out I was probably right.

You probably get isolation every Thursday morning following the beer and curry the night before.
  • ballysmate
    sungod wrote:
    'strewth, glad you chaps are probably ok

fitted new bearings to shiny bike, non-grindy crank rotation restored

Sickly bunch aint we? :lol:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    T'noon,

Fresh filter coffee is being slurped many heads perked up at the mere smell of it so think I have either annoyed/impressed people, more than likely annoyed as they all seem to be tea drinkers in this place.

Minor amount of training done today new boss said my proper training will be next month so I can just ease myself into work for the time being. Tonight I'm planning a massive amount of nothing
  • Matthewfalle
    TDL is looking lovely tonight on BP.

The burd from the Saturdays who is guest presenting is trying a bit too hard and TDL is just taking the pissss out of her - Saturdays burd is too stupid to realise. And she has a weird nose.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:

GET IN!!!!!!!!!

That's someone's life changing jackpot of the Welsh National Lottery. You really should hand it back. Perhaps they will give you say... 5% as a reward.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    hopkinb wrote:

Great stunt. Do it again, do it again...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!