Fork identification

bobbydigital
bobbydigital Posts: 254
edited February 2018 in MTB general
They are rockshox, 100mm, gold sanctions, air on one side, QR, I.S mount, disc only, no travel adjustment.

I cannot find any serial numbers on them, underneath it just says 08.
I want to do maintenance on them so would like to try and find out specifics.

TCVYCrh.jpg
vvI9BnN.jpg
zXHvrbH.jpg
i9lE0Ck.jpg

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    RS forks have the serial number etched into the back of the crown.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Could potentially be these:

https://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category ... urn-13310/

Look very similar, but as above the serial number should be etched into the rear.
  • cooldad wrote:
    RS forks have the serial number etched into the back of the crown.

It's not always the case I think, I have some dual air 409s and they have no etching, just a sticker on the leg.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Warranty replacement RS forks often don’t have the serial number stamped in.
    My Yaris had the CSU replaced and the serial number is just printed on the rear of the crown.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The look like older Rev/Recon, around 2009 ish I'd guess.

That's based on the older air cap, the integral cable stop for the remote and the IS brake mounts, I have some 2009 Tora and all the features are the same (except the Tora is steel stanchion).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Fair enough, I want to remove the lowers so wanted to make sure I could get oil and also seals if needed.

Sounds like it should be straight forward, thanks.