tacx flow smart with zwift HELP!

johnc2788
johnc2788 Posts: 17
Hope someone can help me. Have been using a tacx flow smart successfully with the tacx training app on an iPad mini with no real issues. Now want to try zwift (on my son's recommendation!). BUT. Running zwift on a mac, the trainer is not picked up. AND I don't seem to be able to unpair it from the iPad mini. The strange thing is that the trainer is detected by the tax training app but doesn't appear in the bluetooth devices detected list. Anyone had anything similar? Its driving me nuts.

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    If its already paired with the mini iPad, its probably not able to connect elsewhere. Close down TACX on the mini iPad and try reconnecting with Zwift on there.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    had the same problem with a vortex....and a brand new MacBook

un pair the iPad...switch off the trainer - pull plug from the wall..

Switch off blue tooth on all devices...then turn on the trainer.....then the computer ( does it have bluetooth and / or ANT ?)

Let the Zwift software ' search for trainer '' . Once found it it should be ok...

My MacBook as bluetooth built in but I also use ANT for a heart rate monitor and a crank arm cadence sensor ( bit more accurate than the trainer cadence )

I also use the Zwift mobile link on my iPhone as I can't reach the laptop when im riding .. I put my phone on my Garmin 1000 ( switched off but makes a handy phone mount ) fixed with an elastic band so I have the ''remote'' in front of me

Couple of hours swearing at it and now all ok
  • Thanks for the help. With a lot of swearing and fiddling and switching off and on etc etc it worked!!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    glad you got it going - ''Ride On ''