monday is reason enough, for without reason pineapple cannot exist

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, see how early i can bail

stevo, have you a wine fridge in your office? you can't be global without a wine fridge
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing here this morning with some overnight snow on the ground, dog walked, tea being drunk,just wondering if it’s porridge or granola for breakfast, decisions decisions
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Bugger. Mango will trump Pineapple and then combine to trump Trump in the long run but all will fail Young's modulus of elasticity test.

None of that GMC bollox for me today. Just silly left over jobs to do before plasterergeddon. (T minus 14 days).

It's frikkin cold and dark out there. Might need both log burners going simultaneously at PPP and then do the remaining jobs dancing around naked and singing in the heat.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Late night last night after swearing repeatedly at zwift, can't get it to work because I'm a simpleton. But yeah, Elite novo smart down to £162 in halfords at the moment if anyone is interested.

Office day, already bored.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Sore knee from falling off onto a pointy rock at Cannock yesterday.

Colleague has gone abroad for a month and left the mahoosive open bag of jelly beans on the desk. Wonder if they'll last until the end of the day? I might scoff the lot and buy him a new bag for when he returns.

It does mean that now there's only 6 of us so we're down to less than 50% of what we were 2 years ago.

Going to try and figure out how to enter an open time trial later. I think I'll need to *phone* the club secretary to ask.
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    Elite novo smart down to £162 in halfords at the moment if anyone is interested.
    Tempting, sub £150 with BC discount.

I might have to buy a bigger house so I have somewhere to use it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Decidedly nippy out there this morning, no snow down here though, clear blue skies and a few frozen puddles in the park. Quite a nice wobble in as I could actually see, although that was partially because I was late leaving as the boiler didn't fire up this morning. Poxy computer system isn't working, I think MF's sent his IT types over here for some reason. At least that means I don't have to pretend I'm working at least. Does make getting in for 7.30 seem rather pointless though. I suppose I could have another cup of tea.
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    Thistle, I trust it wasn't on the revamped steggy bit, seen a few come to grief there. Trust it wasn't to bad.
    It was a new bit (I haven't been for over a year) at the start just after the bridge? Hit a rock, came to a stop, tried to start, back wheel spun and just fell over - gnarly.
    I reckon just manual it at high speed and it'll be fine, or hop through it like Danny Macaskill.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Tired. Bit angsty because it's not raining - not really used to it not raining and I don't really like change.

Apart from that, meeting at the school later then back here to wok to go to the gym then pick up Bambina from band practice.

Rock n roll........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Morning

Sore knee from falling off onto a pointy rock at Cannock yesterday.

Colleague has gone abroad for a month and left the mahoosive open bag of jelly beans on the desk. Wonder if they'll last until the end of the day? I might scoff the lot and buy him a new bag for when he returns.

It does mean that now there's only 6 of us so we're down to less than 50% of what we were 2 years ago.

Going to try and figure out how to enter an open time trial later. I think I'll need to *phone* the club secretary to ask.

If I'd known you were coming I'd have baked a cake.

Groundhog day for me, not much planned. Suspect a keyboard will play a large part in today and no, I don't play the piano.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    HaydenM wrote:
    Elite novo smart down to £162 in halfords at the moment if anyone is interested.
    Tempting, sub £150 with BC discount.

I might have to buy a bigger house so I have somewhere to use it.

I've been thinking about it for a while and the drop from £180 to £162 was enough to tempt me. I think I set it up as the wrong turbo when I signed in first and I can't get back to the page so I've reinstalled the app and will probably call it a 'zwift classic trainer' or something.

I went to Newcastle to go to a comedy club with some friends this weekend, the main guy from 'I, Daniel Blake' was headline. Really funny, spent about 40 minutes ripping into a heckler at the front which was good. Much better evening that watching 'I, Daniel Blake' anyway...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning for Le Sofa, pedal don't hound capsized from a run. Raiding Ikea shortly for some furniture so thatll be my job for the day.

Coffee and news first though.

MBNW, sue the rock for attacking you.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Ennui and weltschmerz permeate today.
    Will go and get a pulled pork & chicken burrito as big as a baby's arm for lunch. Maybe a greasy croissant when I go and get a coffee too.
  • Matthewfalle
    It rained and I missed it. Bugger.

Fingers crossed for next time.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    Bit angsty because it's not raining - not really used to it not raining and I don't really like change.
    Hope it doesn't snow then. Or does that count as normal?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

office, coffee, see how early i can bail

stevo, have you a wine fridge in your office? you can't be global without a wine fridge
    I'll have to see if there's a sake fridge on offer in the KOFFA office, they're a bit hierarchical over there. We're 'right on' open plan here, I find that as my career has gone mostly upwards, the standard of my office accommodation has gone the other way.

Currently still negotiating in between doing budget presentations etc. Beer and curry tonight with some old uni mates by way of another little celebaration.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    as alternative, you could try entangling sarbanes-oxley compliance with a need to implement american national standard K100.1-1974, gets you a basic bar facility
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    Bugger. Mango will trump Pineapple and then combine to trump Trump in the long run but all will fail Young's modulus of elasticity test.

None of that GMC bollox for me today. Just silly left over jobs to do before plasterergeddon. (T minus 14 days).

It's frikkin cold and dark out there. Might need both log burners going simultaneously at PPP and then do the remaining jobs dancing around naked and singing in the heat.

Laters.

When it is all finished is there a grand opening?
    Perhaps you could get some of the redundant podium girls to prance around in their skimpies. Or seeing where you live, prance around in woolly vests.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long day in dodge, improved by commuting for the first time in ages

House is empty as wife is at puppy school and kids at yuff club. The pub is tempting
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    as alternative, you could try entangling sarbanes-oxley compliance with a need to implement american national standard K100.1-1974, gets you a basic bar facility

:D

I nearly fell asleep half way through the title and then got suddenly cheered up by the end.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just spent the evening curled up with Bambina on the couch watching Pirates of the Caribbean 4 with the dog snoring at our feet.

All your evenings have been rubbish comparatively.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Bit angsty because it's not raining - not really used to it not raining and I don't really like change.
    Hope it doesn't snow then. Or does that count as normal?

BIzarrely, it snowed earlier and I missed it. I did go to the gym though.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

Perhaps you could get some of the redundant podium girls to prance around in their skimpies. Or seeing where you live, prance around in woolly vests.

Damn good idea - leave Po Face to their overpriced overcrowded London pubs - we're going to PPP and fukkin largin it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

Damn good idea - leave Po Face to their overpriced overcrowded London pubs - we're going to PPP and fukkin largin it.

Pre book your tickets now for the grand opening at: http://www.pinnospopupticketsales.com
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Just spent the evening curled up with Bambina on the couch watching Pirates of the Caribbean 4 with the dog snoring at our feet.

All your evenings have been rubbish comparatively.

I went to the pub
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

Pre book your tickets now for the grand opening at: http://www.pinnospopupticketsales.com

Do we get "early bird" discount?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    As an aside, what age would you let your children watch Raiders of the Lost Ark?

I can't think of anything that may spook them save for the weird ghost/soul stealing bit, but is that worse than Harry Potter?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    As an aside, what age would you let your children watch Raiders of the Lost Ark?

I can't think of anything that may spook them save for the weird ghost/soul stealing bit, but is that worse than Harry Potter?

• ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

Never mind early bird we are only interested in fit birds
  • Matthewfalle
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

T
    Never mind early bird we are only interested in fit birds

Don't tell the Po Facers that - they'll only get all pseudo feminist and emancipatory before going back to perve on the new temp in filing.

Or in one person's case, the filing temp who pops in to pick up the sandwiches.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    sungod wrote:
    Worth a try, hopefully JSoX rules are the same...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]