sunday for every complex phenomenon there is a simple, elegant, compelling explanation that is wrong

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

bloody wet roads again after yet another rainy day, sigh, nippy too

post ride shall be eating and vegging out, maybe plan more hols, somewhere with dry roads maybe
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, I am wondering what the catch is this morning, I’ve just walked Tigger, no rain, no wind, no frost, what is happening?
    Have a good day
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    I obviously wrote the above post a little premature, it’s now snowing
  • sungod
    you brought it on yourself with that post
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Wish it would snow here, as I'm not doing the local reliability ride due to eldests football :(

Good night last night with friends, really should have stopped when they left in the early hours, but was having fun

After football and normal jobs will probably have a decent walk over to a pub to watch the rugby
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hooray! its temporarily stopped raining!

wind has picked up to gale force squillion, so thats all good then.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Up early, looks cold.

Roll on Spring
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle
    Rain clouds forming.

Back to normal then.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Just had a call from the lad. That was nice as he broke his phone a few days ago so hadn’t heard for a while. Seems to be having the time of his life, which is the whole point I suppose.
    Off to see the ‘rents later and have a walk on Wimbledon Common.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Took dog for a walk round the park with Strifey - Good to get a bit of exercise and the shoulder held up well to a bit of jiggling around so that was encouraging. Off down to Waitrose shortly to get supplies and sup free coffee.

May have to do some work later. Ho hum.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    oxoman wrote:
    Valium please.

Get some LSD from SG. Then you'll look forward to it.

Very sunny but cold here. Trying to find something other than swimming for the coughing and spluttering toots to do.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    definitely not valium, for the motorway i suggest a mix of barbs and speed, it'll give you a bit of distance but you'll keep your edge to react when needed

traffic snarled up heading back into london, seems a 10k run cannot be done by a couple of laps around a park but instead requires shutting down huge swathes of town, even away from the route bloody runnists kept throwing themselves in the road

time to see how much affidélice au chablis, cured porky delights, crusty bread etc. i can eat in one go, though i'm not sure the cheese is quite ripe enough for maximum squidginess
  • pinno
    I bet you would like your affidélice on top of my 50/50 granary and strong bread flour loaf which wot I made by hand* and wots i'm just about to extract from the oven (and it smells gorgeous).

*No machines were involved in the making of this bread thread although they are available.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    I bet you would like your affidélice on top of my 50/50 granary and strong bread flour loaf which wot I made by hand* and wots i'm just about to extract from the oven (and it smells gorgeous).

*No machines were involved in the making of this bread thread although they are available.

Mrs H3 has become very keen on making bread, and is pretty good at it. Way nicer than even the posh shop bought stuff. She does use a kitchenaid to mix the dough though. It doesn't seem a particularly cheap way to eat bread necessarily, though that might be because she buys small bags of "organic" flour. I'm not sure what difference "organic" makes to a highly processed product like flour, but it makes her happy.

Nice walk on Wimbledon Common with the dog and the wife. Didn't see V68, but there were hordes of panting runnists doing some sort of event. I saw maybe a handful of people who actually looked like they were running rather than suffering from St. Vitus dance whilst wearing leggings.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Spent the morning with Mrs BM at an antiques fair. We are old but don't yet qualify for being antique.
    The upside was, she didn't see anything she fancied. Result!
  • Matthewfalle
    Went for a walk with TDV's in laws in the valleys.

It rained.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...runnists...

W@nkers
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...running...

Stupid.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...runnists...

W@nkers
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...running...

Stupid.
    Might be the only exercise I'll get this month until the quack gives me the all clear to go on the bike again. Anyway, work finished for this evening and now getting peckish.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Not got a Turbo trainer or rollers?!
    Silly question...

Bigger question: will you go DH'ing again?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Not got a Turbo trainer or rollers?!
    Silly question...

Bigger question: will you go DH'ing again?
    I hope so - needs to mend fully then I need to do some physical training on the mended bits. It might take time but with the new job coming up, Stropteens GCSE's, two lots of holidays booked etc probably won't be able to do any until after summer. Then I need to see how I feel about it and whether I stay off the black runs - a lot of it is in your head.

Cannot stand static exercise stuff btw, does my head in.
  • Hello all. Late check in. Made MrsBBGeek some beef stew (top tip: Rochefort 8 is a must) and now getting ready for next week. Take care all, it's a cruel world out there.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    Hello all. Late check in. Made MrsBBGeek some beef stew (top tip: Rochefort 8 is a must) and now getting ready for next week. Take care all, it's a cruel world out there.

Good man. As long as you didn't do something totally stupid like running, that's fine.
  • I dug out the cross bike in the narrow window of between 2 and 3pm, proudly and intelligently fitted clip on mudguards and went for a mooch. Imagine my delight when turning a corner off the busy A56 I catch my clipped in foot under said mudguard and drop to the ground like a newly built ship into the sea.

At that point it started to rain. QED.
  • pinno
    Hiltaldo wrote:
    I dug out the cross bike in the narrow window of between 2 and 3pm, proudly and intelligently fitted clip on mudguards and went for a mooch. Imagine my delight when turning a corner off the busy A56 I catch my clipped in foot under said mudguard and drop to the ground like a newly built ship into the sea.

At that point it started to rain. QED.

That was a good Sunday Jackanory. Telly is sh1t.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb wrote:
    Nice walk on Wimbledon Common with the dog and the wife. Didn't see V68, but there were hordes of panting runnists doing some sort of event. I saw maybe a handful of people who actually looked like they were running rather than suffering from St. Vitus dance whilst wearing leggings.
    Saw the runnists, the ones we saw didn't look very happy. We went to the windmill and walked up the little hills to the north then towards the cemetary and round Queensmere before heading back to the windmill cafe for a cup of tea.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo keep it up, nothing wrong with running even i do it.
    I haven't started yet !
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    ...nothing wrong with running...

What?!
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    Just need to try swimming then I can copy Gordon Ramsey and do an iron man or at least a triathlon. Duathlons already done as is half marathon, that leaves C2C, Lejog, Marathon, Triathlon and ironman.

You'll do all of that given a long bank holiday weekend. No probs.
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    Just need to try swimming then I can copy Gordon Ramsey and do an iron man or at least a triathlon. Duathlons already done as is half marathon, that leaves C2C, Lejog, Marathon, Triathlon and ironman.

Done the middle three(ish), the jogle was the most fun
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    ... as its downhill pretty much all the way in comparison to the other way around...

Uh?!
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    Yes I can imagine Jogle was more fun, suspect less painful. Might do Jogle instead of Lejog as its downhill pretty much all the way in comparison to the other way around I'm thinking.

:)

Better headwind and you end up in a nicer place ;)