ahhhhh, nice to be waking up at home, away from the trainset lifestyle

brekkie, cafe, wfh, cafe, wfh, that'll do

forecast looking distinctly nippy
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Friday - yeah

Football training for the eldest is cancelled so out to the local as soon as I finish work...... the problem is meetings closer to v68 than the landlord today
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blowing a gale where’s it all coming from, so It looks like an hour on the rollers, shopping, followed by a jar or two
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Not raining yet but bitterly cold. Bloody freezing.

Just seen TDV off - away again for another week so will organise S5 payment today. Apart from that, just having coffee in the peace and quiet.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Good Morning

I went for a run this morning, the second in 24 hours. I enjoyed it and now I feel so dirty.

Got a report to write, some lines on a drawing to check, tea to drink. Need to get work to book me a hire car next week, I wonder what I can get away with. I don't want an Aygo for a 200+ mile drive again.

Oxo - what sort of engineering? I tried years ago and only had a couple of waste of time agencies ring me up.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    ...run...

W@nker.

Me going to work on Old new banger today me.

Rollers are my friend at the moment.
    I see they have almost completed Spinners deportation to Van Diemens's land.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Last day for me in lesser hell.
    My dog is here currently sat looking out the window, bonus of having a supposed bad breed of dog no ones coming over to ask me things today! Huzzah!
    Office guide dog has joined mine so while she is staring down a tree he is doing his usual sleeping.

Plan for the day is naff all, may break some of my reports ive found still in use, or password them just for the hell of it. a many hour lunch break and await collection from the other half.

Oxo, seems to be a similar experience to me CV went up, next day lots of phone calls from overly chipper recruiters, an im not even that good!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Not much doing here other than standard paper shuffling. I need to clean my bike.

Oh, actually, there is a cake eating contest at lunchtime - one standard M&S fresh cream Victoria sponge, to be consumed as quickly as possible.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Slightly slower start then normal as I'm doing 8.30 to 5.30 today and going to the pub straight from work. Properly daylight as I wobbled in which was nice, I could get used to that. Went to the post office on the pub hack first thing to pick up a parcel, thankfully was early enough to drop the parcel at home and swap bikes so I didn't have to ride in with a large pannier hanging off the back.
    Sad day today, TDGTDCS for us is leaving. She bounced past my desk just now in a very short skirt, bloody marvellous. After she walked by we all just put our heads in our hands in despair. Replacement is rather less likely to get us into trouble though.
    Spinner murderised the wrong Jason inn Melbourne, got an email from the drunk this morning. I'll have to avoid answering the phone to any 0061 numbers today.
    Cake eating contest sounds like a good idea. We're getting bought pizzas for TDGTDCS leaving.
    Went to the movies last night and saw the 3 Billboards film, very good and quite funny in places.
    Anyway, onwards and upwards...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Taking my son to visit his mum in the hospice tomorrow. Possibly for the last time. 30 years old, breast cancer, bit of a sh!tter.

Happy Friday!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    seanoconn wrote:
    Taking my son to visit his mum in the hospice tomorrow. Possibly for the last time. 30 years old, breast cancer, bit of a sh!tter.
    :(
    oxoman wrote:
    I've not run or ridden for over ten days and its driving me nuts feeling crap.
    I had 3 days off everything at the start of the week, it was bad enough to make to want to go for a run.
    Entered a 10K and had an email from the organisers yesterday along the lines of 4 weeks to go, hope you're enjoying the training :roll:
  • veronese68
    That's tough Seano, good luck with it and hope the lad is ok. At least as ok as he can be given the circumstances.
  • seanoconn
    oxoman wrote:
    Sorry mate, few tears shed here as a bit close to home. Take care and all the best.
    Thanks and all the best with yours. Ex wife but it's a tragedy for a 7 year old child to be without a mummy.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Really horrible for all involved, all the best.

Sunny day today, in the office catching up on paperwork. Lame
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:

Happy Friday!

Ah Jesus Seano, that's terrible.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    seanoconn wrote:

Happy Friday!
    Sorry to hear the Seano - tragic news :( I hope the boy can deal with it to some degree.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    . I don't want an Aygo for a 200+ mile drive again.

Why not? I took an Aygo from Southampton to Swansea and back in a day and it was brilliant - just hold it flat out the entire way like a dodgem car.

I'm 6'1 and it was well comfy with a bangin' stereo.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:

Happy Friday!

Thats utterly shitt. Thoughts all round.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Rain and hail here. Great.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Ate my M&S Victoria sponge in 2m 51s, thus becoming the first department cake eating champion. My vision is still a bit blurry, and despite all the calories, I'm a bit puckish.
  • thistle_
    . I don't want an Aygo for a 200+ mile drive again.

Why not? I took an Aygo from Southampton to Swansea and back in a day and it was brilliant - just hold it flat out the entire way like a dodgem car.

I'm 6'1 and it was well comfy with a bangin' stereo.
    I know what you mean about it being like a dodgem and yeah the stereo was bangin. The one I had only just managed 70 on the motorway and seemed to drink fuel. It was a hire car though - so maybe it had just been thrashed. It was a 16 plate and had done 15,000 miles. :mrgreen:
  • Matthewfalle
    mine was a hire car as well and was a really nice blue with phat wheels and bucket seats. sat at a ton all the way with me crying with laughter inside.

needed filling up once.

bizarrely, I was so impressed I nearly bought one.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    mine was a hire car as well and was a really nice blue with phat wheels and bucket seats. sat at a ton all the way with me crying with laughter inside.

needed filling up once.
    Sounds a lot better than the one I got, maybe I need to hire it from somewhere else.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Last hire vehicle I had was an LDV Maxus, limited to 56mph horrible thing to drive.
  • Matthewfalle

needed filling up once.
    Sounds a lot better than the one I got, maybe I need to hire it from somewhere else.

enterprise did mine. quite cheap as well.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Ate my M&S Victoria sponge in 2m 51s, thus becoming the first department cake eating champion. My vision is still a bit blurry, and despite all the calories, I'm a bit puckish.
    If that doesn’t get you a job as Stevo’s gimp in chief nothing will.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    If that doesn’t get you a job as Stevo’s gimp in chief nothing will.
    All he has to do is post it up on youtube and the job's his :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:

Happy Friday!

Sean, so sorry to hear that 'L ' is nearing the end. Hell of a sh1tter for anyone, never mind someone so young. Devastating for the little one. Can't really offer any words of comfort as there are none.

Best wishes mate.
  • seanoconn
    Thanks Bally
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn wrote:

Happy Friday!

Covers it, so young shouldn't deal with shoot like that
  • TLW1 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Happy Friday!

Covers it, so young shouldn't deal with shoot like that
    +1. Whoever controls the Universe can sometimes be a miserable vindictive b1tch.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS