Shimano BT-DN110 Di2 Internal Mount Battery - Not holding Charge

slowmonkey
slowmonkey Posts: 48
edited February 2018 in Workshop
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has any similar experiences with the Shimano BT-DN110 Di2 Internal Mount Battery at all?

I purchased an Ultegra Di2 groupset last August at Evans, who also fitted the system and updated all firmware.

I noted at the beginning of december that i needed to charge the battery, which i duly did.

Then again a week later - i went to go out for a ride and it was totally flat. So charged it and thought nothing of it. I then had to charge weekly it seems.

My bike was serviced at the weekend - no issues found - battery charged by LBS. Went to commute into London yesterday - and it died half way into town. So i popped the bike into Evans in Mortimer St who charged it for me. Upon leaving i checked the levels - Green indicator light suggested full charge. Rode home no issues.

So today, i jumped onto it to ride in again, and the battery is totally flat! No juice at all.

I have spoken with Evans about it and they have advised i drop the battery into them so they can send of to Madison who will investigate the issue. Evans though, could not confirm that a replacement will be offered by Madision, even with the above symptons described. I really dont want to pay for another battery even though I feel this could be a dud unit.

Anyone else had any experiences with batteries at all - and overall experience regading RMA's with Madison in this regard?

TIA...

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    edited February 2018
    It’s down to Evans, not Madison to honour your warranty. If the battery is faulty they should replace it and take it up with Madison as that is not your problem...

PP

p.s. Two year warranty on Shimano components, or three if Dura Ace I believe.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Are you charging it from a PC or from the mains? Shimano recommend charging from a PC.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Also, make sure the derailleur(s) is not ‘ticking’ trying to trim itself constantly (due to being out of adjustment) as this could drain the battery whilst it sits unused.

PP