wednesday will take too long

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie beckons, to be followed by many hours and meals avec le cmg punter de cmg, seems it will be a long day

not in the mood, yawn
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Got a horrible feeling that today will be long too with lots of politics :(

Bright side, the weekend is creeping into view, I've got a tax rebate coming and we already have a new kitchen and drive ;)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    TLW1 wrote:

Bright side, the weekend is creeping into view, I've got a tax rebate coming and we already have a new kitchen and drive ;)
    It's about time you moved house again isn't it?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning,

Not feeling great but in work because it's better than sitting at home doing nothing.
    I think I've got loads of work to do, but not 100% sure.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Not for a long time

Wouldn't want to leave before I've drained every last penny of my savings into the money pit.............. so potentially soon then :(
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, damp start today so choose to drive in today. Office is full of joy, someone found the key to the padlocked fridge so they can get to all the single serving UHT milk pots that have been locked away for who knows how long, but the happy minions now .
    Avoidance of work and musing over things mainly today.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    A tad moist out there this morning, bit blowy too so not a particularly pleasant wobble in. Busy start to the day dealing with big Australian customer. Don't mind that as he's usually happy and spends lots of money.
    All seems to be going well with the old man's treatment so that's a relief, had a good night in the pub with former school mate. The downside of that is that as I was riding in I thought it was Thursday today, then got annoyed when I realised it's only Wednesday. I tried to cheer myself up with biscuits to go with the tea. As it's Wednesday I will be going to the pub tonight. No tax rebate for me and I don't have much of a drive so that's ok.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, two days in a row of early starts/up north have left me comatosed today, many coffees needed. Also, it's snowing really heavily again, not much enthusiasm for this. Huge flakes like snowballs at the moment, bet they shut the motorway again
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Somewhat peeved this morning in damp W Mids.
    2 weeks ago, had to get breakdown recovery out to lads mondeo as it wouldn't start. Battery as flat as a witch's tit. Jump started and recovery man tested battery and alternator, both apparently fine. Gremlins eh?
    Car didn't play up for 2 weeks then battery flattening overnight. Took it to local garage to tested battery and alternator - both good. Mechanic suggested it could be ecu draining the battery as mondeos are known for it and it had happened to his mate's lad's car. Gave me the number of auto electrician.
    40 quid call out and last night, said auto spark declares that there is no drain but the battery is in fact shagged.
    40 squids to find out 2 mechanics are inept.
    Bastardos!!

Never mind, today is a bright new day.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Or changed telly.
    What would you recommend?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Raining again. This sucks.

I.T. System still down.

For some reason there's loads of riot police around.

May have some herbal tea and go and throw a brick at them.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Morning,

Not feeling great but in work because it's better than sitting at home doing nothing.
    I think I've got loads of work to do, but not 100% sure.

Try to combine WFH doing nothing
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Big day shopping. Got mother sorted with a new car, pick up Friday, and bought ourselves a whizzo coffee machine for the new place plus burr grinder, to replace our rather tired old one. Yay!

Booked my wheels in for new rear brakes tomorrow. Booooooo! Other Half's goes in Saturday for a replacement window at least so that will be all sorted.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Or changed telly.
    What would you recommend?
    Easier to change house.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    TLW1 wrote:

If the trouble 'n' strife knows that you have a rebate coming she'll find something that needs money spending on it :)

Working from home as had a trip to the docs to get a wound and dressing check. Now putting off stuff that I'm not keen on doing while the rain beats down outside. There's a bit of footy this evening and the usual deadline day chaos to lighten the mood - hopefully.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Wednesday is taking rather too long.

Returned leased Seat Leon that I have had for the last 3 years. The wheels were in a right state due to Mrs H3's appalling spatial awareness and the high kerbs in SW London. Let's see what that costs.

Took delivery of the new Ford Kuga last Thursday. I have not said anything about it, because it is quite possibly the blandest piece of crap I have ever had the misfortune to drive. To add insult to injury, it really isn't that much bigger than the Seat. Sure, it's taller and longer, but there's not a hell of a lot more space inside, especially the boot. Note that I was strong-armed into getting this car for the "space".

However, it does have a heated front windscreen, which is somewhat convenient. Though that convenience is negated by the fact that we have gone back to a manual gearbox, which is a massive pain in the arse in London traffic.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just been for a r**. Actually alright but I think that was down to the company rather than the activity.

Now just having a cuppa before going to the gym.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    However, it does have a heated front windscreen, which is somewhat convenient. Though that convenience is negated by the fact that we have gone back to a manual gearbox, which is a massive pain in the ars* in London traffic.
    Heated windscreen was a thing of joy yesterday. I reckon it will get used about a dozen times a year, unlike the gearbox which we might use a bit more. Our car is huge, I reckon 3 adults with bikes and luggage would fit inside it.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Matt, you IT needs fixing. It the IT team shooting maybe the riot plod are coming to beat them round the head

Hopkin, I feel for you had the displeasure of driving one for a friend, I drove it all of five minutes came back and took my car instead. Take it that's through work?
  • Site visits, general faffing, then home to more faffing. Might be going out for dinner though which is always nice.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:
    Hopkin, I feel for you had the displeasure of driving one for a friend, I drove it all of five minutes came back and took my car instead. Take it that's through work?
    Nope, I'm stuck with it for 3 years. Mrs H3 decided that we needed more space. I said it'll be a big old wallowy dog of a car, we can get a roofbox for a normal sized car instead for the long journeys. She insisted, I caved.

Still, I cycle more miles than the car is driven every year, so it's not too much of an issue really, and I'm sure it'll be fine on the motorway. Driving up to Coventry/Chesterfield/York at half term, so I'll soon find out.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    However, it does have a heated front windscreen, which is somewhat convenient. Though that convenience is negated by the fact that we have gone back to a manual gearbox, which is a massive pain in the ars* in London traffic.
    Heated windscreen was a thing of joy yesterday. I reckon it will get used about a dozen times a year, unlike the gearbox which we might use a bit more. Our car is huge, I reckon 3 adults with bikes and luggage would fit inside it.

What did you get V68? Was it an S-Max? This thing looks a similar size to an S-Max, but is badly laid out so that it doesn't see very big at all.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    TLW1 wrote:

Yes but you are happy with getting a new kitchen and a drive whereas old ticht ar$e...
    ...r**...

W@nker.

It snowed for a bit, then it sleeted and now it's raining.
    Tidyed up PPP with new labourer bloke today. The other one has been fired though he doesn't know it yet. New bloke is twice as quick and on the ball.

I'm getting a new dive and a new kitchen but not with a rebate :roll:

Auto: jump in and squeeze the juice. None of that gear changing malarkey (unless it's a proper car :wink: )

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    What did you get V68? Was it an S-Max? This thing looks a similar size to an S-Max, but is badly laid out
    so that it doesn't see very big at all.
    Yes. Quite juicy because we got the 2l turbo, but it goes well. It's huge inside and not very wallowy, sits a lot lower than a Kuga and drives like a normal car. We got it because the kids are so bloody long, the boy lounging in the seat behind me and his knees were still nowhere near my seat back.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Auto: jump in and squeeze the juice. None of that gear changing malarkey (unless it's a proper car :wink: )

Agreed - if it's a proper car, it's fun to change gear, or at least have the option to if you want to with one of these semi-auto flappy paddle boxes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    'like a normal car' ?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Yes but you are happy with getting a new kitchen and a drive whereas old ticht ar$e...
    ...r**...

W@nker.

It snowed for a bit, then it sleeted and now it's raining.
    Tidyed up PPP with new labourer bloke today. The other one has been fired though he doesn't know it yet. New bloke is twice as quick and on the ball.

I'm getting a new dive and a new kitchen but not with a rebate :roll:

Laters.
    If it makes you feel any better I had the money for that stuff anyway :)

Worth bearing in mind you need to pay some bloody tax in the first place to be able to get a rebate :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Tried to send someone on the roof to throw slates at the riot pigs but he refused so came home and am now making a chilli which I shall eat with the bambini and have one bottle of IPA.

Raining again.

H3 - sorry to hear about the car. Lost opportunity.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I don't understand why people want these effing great SUV and crossover vehicles when they never go anywhere more demanding than Waitrose car park. They are big on the outside and harder to park, but offer no more usable space inside. They cost more to start with, fuel economy / emissions are worse, and the tyres cost a fortune. And most of them are plug-ugly. Just why??

Sister and brother-in-law have a big wallowy jeep-a-like Kia something or other to tow the caravan, which is maybe a reasonable choice. She says it makes her seasick.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Somewhat peeved this morning in damp W Mids.
    2 weeks ago, had to get breakdown recovery out to lads mondeo as it wouldn't start. Battery as flat as a witch's tit. Jump started and recovery man tested battery and alternator, both apparently fine. Gremlins eh?
    Car didn't play up for 2 weeks then battery flattening overnight. Took it to local garage to tested battery and alternator - both good. Mechanic suggested it could be ecu draining the battery as mondeos are known for it and it had happened to his mate's lad's car. Gave me the number of auto electrician.
    40 quid call out and last night, said auto spark declares that there is no drain but the battery is in fact shagged.
    40 squids to find out 2 mechanics are inept.
    Bastardos!!

Never mind, today is a bright new day.

We had that with wifey's Focus. It started just randomly flattening the battery overnight if it was cold. Garage had a look but could only detect the small drain that the ECU / alarms normally use when it's switched off. Seemed to be a combination of too many short trips and the wrong spec battery on it's last legs. Apparently it needs a silver calcium battery to cope with the rate of charge.

I fitted a new, proper spec one and it's been fine for 5 years.
  • hopkinb
    keef66 wrote:
    I don't understand why people want these effing great SUV and crossover vehicles when they never go anywhere more demanding than Waitrose car park. They are big on the outside and harder to park, but offer no more usable space inside. They cost more to start with, fuel economy / emissions are worse, and the tyres cost a fortune. And most of them are plug-ugly. Just why??
    Dunno Keef. I said all this to Mrs H3. We split the bills, it's her turn to choose. We wouldn't need as much space if she didn't cart so much shyyte around with her.