Supersix what frame size?

ollaay
ollaay Posts: 166
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
I'm 6'1, 185cm and looking at Cannondale supersix/Focus izalco the geometrys are pretty much identical.

Need help on the sizing on a 56 or 58cm frame, wondering if anyone here is my height and owns either size as people my size do manage to ride on both, and run a longer stem etc.

Going to the store tomorrow to ask about sizing, but firstly wanted to ask what size people are actually riding.

Cheers

Comments

• indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    I'm a bit taller (6ft 2 1/2) and have 58cm frame which fits me well. I think you may need a 56cm size to get the most out of the flex from the Save seatpost - there's a specified length which needs to be above the clamp for it to work. But you may have long legs so ok.
    A 56cm will mean the headtube will be shorter which will put you in a more racier position if stem etc remain in position. I've had sales people try to sell me a smaller size and recommend flipping the stem :shock:

For a more relaxed set-up look at the Synapse.
  • ollaay
    indyP wrote:
    I'm a bit taller (6ft 2 1/2) and have 58cm frame which fits me well. I think you may need a 56cm size to get the most out of the flex from the Save seatpost - there's a specified length which needs to be above the clamp for it to work. But you may have long legs so ok.
    A 56cm will mean the headtube will be shorter which will put you in a more racier position if stem etc remain in position. I've had sales people try to sell me a smaller size and recommend flipping the stem :shock:

For a more relaxed set-up look at the Synapse.
    Cheers for that mate, yeah probably leaning towards the 56 ideally with a longer stem. Assume you run a 110/120 mm stem on yours then? Trying to ideally find the silver 2016 hi mod version, hard to find nowadays!
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    I'm 182cm with a pretty short inseam and long torso, and was on a 56cm with a 110mm stem. I wouldn't discount the 58cm, I think an inch taller and thats what I'd have gone for.
  • ollaay
    Beatmaker wrote:
    I'm 182cm with a pretty short inseam and long torso, and was on a 56cm with a 110mm stem. I wouldn't discount the 58cm, I think an inch taller and thats what I'd have gone for.
    Cheers aswell, good to note that even with a longer torso you don't need your stem overly long. Difficult being inbetween sizes really. Yeah 58 could be better, but I do want to get into racing and into a fast position aswell.