edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, hoping for a calm day to prep for gmc punter of gmc
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Not enough sleep and too much to do today

Need to work late tonight to avoid taking the puppy to puppy training classes
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , blowing a gale here, I have to have a de briefing for last weeks job, then if this wind drops a bike ride will be in order
    Have a good week
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    quite mild here

having gone easy for a few weeks, with the seasonal laziness and the nasty cold, both thighs now feel like i overdid it in gym, even at 30% less weight than a few weeks ago, sigh, much faster to lose than get it back

mrs s's jet lag has clearly worn off, back to getting grumpy if woken 'early'

cafe beckons, perhaps a pain au choc will ease the pain
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in to work this morning, utterly knackered now. Had a bloke on a Pinnarello with those funny wobbly looking forks trying to track stand next to me this morning, he was a bit slow off the mark even though he stood up to get going so I rode off. That was silly as I was then in front of him and felt like I should make an effort in spite of being desperately unfit. Now I'm knackered and my knee hurts. I'm now consoling myself with tea and biscuits.
    I'll take out my frustration on customers by overcharging them and sending the wrong stuff. I'll do the orders in other people's names so I don't get the blame.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pedalled twice to cover 10 miles. There might have been a tailwind.
    Not had any brekkie yet, may go on a sg style hunt for baked goods and coffee.
    Asked Mrs H3 what I should do if I get made redundant, seeing as how every day in the office fills me with existential dread, and maybe I should think of something I might enjoy. She said I'd left it too late to be a pro cyclist, and in any case, I wasn't skinny or fast enough. Then she said we had a mortgage to pay, and kids to support, so what I should do is stop being a d!ck and get another job immediately. :roll:
    Then she had the cheek to say that her employer was introducing sabbaticals, and she would like 6 months off. Short shrift was given.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pedalled twice to cover 10 miles. There might have been a tailwind.
    Not had any brekkie yet, may go on a sg style hunt for baked goods and coffee.
    Asked Mrs H3 what I should do if I get made redundant, seeing as how every day in the office fills me with existential dread, and maybe I should think of something I might enjoy. She said I'd left it too late to be a pro cyclist, and in any case, I wasn't skinny or fast enough. Then she said we had a mortgage to pay, and kids to support, so what I should do is stop being a d!ck and get another job immediately. :roll:
    Then she had the cheek to say that her employer was introducing sabbaticals, and she would like 6 months off. Short shrift was given.
    Sod that you only live once, no point being miserable every day. How about cheese farming? You can tend lovingly to your flock of cheese and fatten them up ready for the slaughter. A happy cheese is a tasty cheese.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Someone needs a new wife
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Need to get my old folding bike out to speed up my communt.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSkwY9EuP5E
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    Sod that you only live once, no point being miserable every day. How about cheese farming? You can tend lovingly to your flock of cheese and fatten them up ready for the slaughter. A happy cheese is a tasty cheese.

Mmmm, cheese. I'll be chasing all my cheeses round the fields with a cheese knife and a packet of crackers and have nothing to sell.
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Mmmm, cheese. I'll be chasing all my cheeses round the fields with a cheese knife and a packet of crackers and have nothing to sell.
    :lol:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, office is somewhat hellish this morning someones whacked the heating up high, not much work being done by anyone, office morals falling quicker than that Felix guy who fell out a balloon.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I.T. still not working. Why are computers so rubbish?

people who pushed over the wall the other day are now smacking another with a sledge hammer.

i walked away.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

:lol:

in thecheese off season you can raise haggis.

they're too quick to catch with a knife so use an rpg or similar. 50 cal does the job as well.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb

in thecheese off season you can raise haggis.

they're too quick to catch with a knife so use an rpg or similar. 50 cal does the job as well.

This is becoming ever more attractive. In the cheese off season I think I would also raise black puddings, delicious mushrooms.

What climate suits the cheese, the haggis, the black pud and mushrooms?
  • Matthewfalle
    italy. also ticks the boxes for food, wine, cycling, women, scenery and its not britain.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    italy. also ticks the boxes for food, wine, cycling, women, scenery and its not britain.
    Oh nooo. I just can't picture raising haggis and black pudding in a climate like Italy. They'd be far happier trotting around in the rain and wind. You might find the odd wild haggis or black pudding in Forresty areas of Italy but not generally.
  • sungod
    the ancient romans bred the first haggis, italy is their natural habitat

subsequently, the romans lobbed them over hadrian's wall as a cruel joke on the northern tribes

the tribes, however, found them far preferable to their normal diet of oatcakes and lard, and have raised them ever since
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/scie ... 0913113732

Black pudding and haggis have been successfully bred in captivity.
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    Oh nooo. I just can't picture raising haggis and black pudding in a climate like Italy. They'd be far happier trotting around in the rain and wind. You might find the odd wild haggis or black pudding in Forresty areas of Italy but not generally.

Actually, if you go to the Gran Sasso there are wild haggis there. They protect the truffles.

The black pudding are found further north, around Milan.

Both species are known to be very compatible and live together in harmony.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Smashing, a cheese, black pudding, haggis, mushroom & truffle farm. I'm thinking somewhere in Tuscany. I'll raise it with the missus later. I'm sure she'll be bang up for that.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Smashing, a cheese, black pudding, haggis, mushroom & truffle farm. I'm thinking somewhere in Tuscany. I'll raise it with the missus later. I'm sure she'll be bang up for that.

Tuscany is now overpriced and full of Daily Mail reading Brits who voted leave but don't even live in britain.

Umbria is seriously nice but getting expensive, Abruzzo for seriously beautiful countryside, history, dirt cheap houses and land but generally feck all to do. And the Giro does it mountain stages through there every two years, so brilliant riding.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Abruzzo it is then.

Feck all to do except raise the best goddamned cheeses in all of Christendom.
  • hopkinb
    Jeebus, I just googled Abruzzo property. For €100k you can get a farmhouse and hectares of land.
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:
    Abruzzo it is then.

from baby cheesus?
  • Matthewfalle
    edited January 2018
    The family house is a new build on the footprint of our old house, 5 huge bedrooms, huge living room, separate huge dining room, separate huge kitchen and dining room, massive cantina downstairs, land out the back, loft, 3 bathrooms, entire thing over 4 floors, all marble floors everywhere - the whole Oscar Fandango.

Probably worth EURO40,000 because of where it is. Mill plus in the UK.

Its so cheap down there its worth chucking £20,ooo at something just to use twice a year - once skiing, once in the summer.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Abruzzo it is then.

from baby cheesus?

The biggliest best covfefe Goddam cheeses.

And ride your bike.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Evening cheese farmers etc,

Busy day in the office now that I'm back, seems people have been saving up the stupid questions and ridiculous issues until today. One cracking project involved going into a JV agreement with another company to develop a new product that the other company would own and sell under license and we get a royalty for the IP, patents etc. Project manager then chips in with 'but we also need to get the profit selling on the product'. Me: 'how will you do that if we never actually own the product?' Followed by a short silence that told me he hadn't thought this one through very well :)

Must be time to go home soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Strip naked Step83 and illicit on orgy.

SG: 30% of 100 grams ain't a lot.

Get another job Hoppy.

That Priest: Hats off to him.

Me worked again me. Might finish this particular job the morra'.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Get another job Hoppy.

Laters.

Don't I get a Mention? Or Stevo666?

What makes them so bloody special and not us?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Pinno wrote:

Get another job Hoppy.

Laters.

Don't I get a Mention? Or Stevo666?

What makes them so bloody special and not us?

Aw diddums... Edwyn's run out of moon juice? Nothing left to burn and chuck over the fence?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!