Ribble Winter Audax 7005 Frame weight

beanstalk
beanstalk Posts: 143
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
Can someone tell me the weight of the Ribble Winter Audax 7005 frame, preferably for the tall sizes 62 and 64?
Are the decals removable?

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,116
    beanstalk wrote:
    Can someone tell me the weight of the Ribble Winter Audax 7005 frame, preferably for the tall sizes 62 and 64?
    Are the decals removable?

A lot. According to Ribble 1800g in size small. The decals aren't removable and it comes in any colour you like as long as that's blue. Can just about squeeze in 25mm tyres from some brands, else it is 23mm all the way.

Still really like mine though... held up well after 8 years of use and abuse, dialled in the position to exactly match my race bike, and can hammer it round pretty much the same. Its the Toyota Pickup truck of the bike world - it just works and works.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I’ve a 62 built up with Dura ace, carbon bars and post and fairly light wide rimmed Superstar wheels with 24mm tyres. It’s light enough.
    I absolutely love it. I’ve taken the guards off and raced in it too.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • beanstalk
    super_davo wrote:
    A lot. According to Ribble 1800g in size small.
    Thanks, that is what I thought.
    I didn't expect a lightweight but at this weight I could buy a cheep steel frame as well and it would look even nicer (and probably be lighter, too).
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Lighter would be no use if it was flexier. Don't worry too much about weight.
  • beanstalk
    cougie wrote:
    Lighter would be no use if it was flexier. Don't worry too much about weight.
    Man, I have to lift the bike over some stairs to my door so I do care about weight :D
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Think of it as weight training....if I can carry a Brompton upstairs.....
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    I've got one in size 60cm - it isn't light, so much as light enough. More importantly though it feels solid - when you're hammering it on a fast group ride or even a crit (which I use mine for, by virtue of cheap replacement in the event of a crash) you tell it to go, and it responds immediately.

I've got a peugeot optimum from the early 90s made from 531 steel - by comparison that is a great big noodle - admittedly not helped by the old groupset, 26mm bars and quill stem.

Anyway, if you want a bike for riding, get the ribble all day long.

If you want a bike to look good, you might as well go steel.

No difficulty at all running 25mm tyres on my ribble incidentally. I suppose modern very wide rims might complicate the issue somewhat.

Oh, and if you're riding a 62cm or 64cm frame, you shouldn't be buying bikes based on weight, unless you are a real beanpole. Which I most definitely am not.
  • beanstalk
    But I am!
    Tall, thin and proud!