thursday in orbit over the pineapple forests of aldebaran iv

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,521
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, blah blah blah

really do need to clear mind and get ready for gmc punter of gmc next week, supposed to do some slides, sigh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    'ning

Off to look at a hole later..pretty exciting
    Lunchtime run hopefully, although I expect the hole watching to drag on a bit
    Might try and get to the pilates class at the gym after work, could be fun
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    What sort of hole? Could be fun depending on what you do with it.
    Traditional Thursday morning hangover is present. This helps my body clock know where in the week we are. Managed to wobble in again this morning, it wasn't completely dark when I got here at 7.30.
    Out again tomorrow night, we'll be stopping at a few pubs between Waterloo and the 100 Club. Nothing like the Presidents Club honestly, we can't afford that sort of thing.
    Bacon sarnie coming my way shortly, woohoo!
    Lad has finished working on the farm and has now resumed his travels, currently in Queenstown and probably drinking beer.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Out again tomorrow night, we'll be stopping at a few pubs between Waterloo and the 100 Club. Nothing like the Presidents Club honestly, we can't afford that sort of thing.
    If you like I could dig out my wife's black mini dress? I'm prepared to sign a non-disclosure agreement and can stand a little groping if the tips are reasonable.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    edited January 2018
    Long day of meetings planned without the chance of ale later :(
  • I need five packs of brick, some other stuff, some windows and a mohassive door.

I also need an early night!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    you'd have much more fun with two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls

you won't need an early night either
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Trying to work at home again without moving my right arm at all - not as easy as I first thought. Painkillers and coffee are still the order of the day but at least work is under control.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    T'noon,

Not a cloud in the small patch of sky I can see from my new window (moving desk daily for the hell of it)
    Found a new use for my USB cup warmer, as a was melt so I now have some smells to cover up the rotten potato smell in the office, still swear its black mould but cant actually find it.

Anywho Lunch1 eaten, Lunch2 to be drunk, as in a pint of Ghost Ship as I found a local pub with it on tap. Later shall be procrastinating over things and likely end up doing naff all.

Stevo, surely a straw would be easier to drink things with?
  • Not that this happens in our office but across the world I bet it does in others. People stood at the water cooler drinking their filtered water chatting about their latest eco-battery/hydrogen/fresh air powered car that will save the world. Then throw away their single use plastic cup.

I've just banned said cups from our office based on the fact that I had half a dozen in my bin and replaced them with glasses.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    Veronese68 wrote:
    One with some piles in it. Not my idea of fun. Someone else went and sorted it.

Run was wet.
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    T'noon,

Not a cloud in the small patch of sky I can see from my new window (moving desk daily for the hell of it)
    Found a new use for my USB cup warmer, as a was melt so I now have some smells to cover up the rotten potato smell in the office, still swear its black mould but cant actually find it.

Anywho Lunch1 eaten, Lunch2 to be drunk, as in a pint of Ghost Ship as I found a local pub with it on tap. Later shall be procrastinating over things and likely end up doing naff all.

I've always been pretty good at one handed drinking. it's all the other shizzle that needs two hands that you never really think about until you're down to the one arm.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    T'noon,

I've always been pretty good at one handed drinking. it's all the other shizzle that needs two hands that you never really think about until you're down to the one arm.
    Boasting again Stevo :roll:
  • seanoconn
    Just bunked out for my second lot of shopping today hehe, I am invincible! I shall never get my comeuppance, never!
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    If you like I could dig out my wife's black mini dress? I'm prepared to sign a non-disclosure agreement and can stand a little groping if the tips are reasonable.
    I'm definitely not going to that event again.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    T'noon,

Boasting again Stevo :roll:

Clearly his single handed juggling skills coming into play...

Picking up new wheels this evening tootling down to deepest Stevenage of all places, hoping he has some valve extenders I can nab!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    I've just banned said cups from our office based on the fact that I had half a dozen in my bin and replaced them with glasses.

Well done.

What is a 'decent tip' Seano?

Mango - that's the stuff of legend. You can stuff your acidic pineapple.

Halfway through masonry work. Hands are aching and cut to shreds. Tomorrow, i'll be having a day off and doing some odd jobs on my Old new banger.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    £5.75?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    £5.75?

Probably.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Veronese68 wrote:
    One with some piles in it. Not my idea of fun. Someone else went and sorted it.
    I hope whoever sorted it was qualified. I was in a hospital bed opposite a bloke that had them sorted, he was in quite a lot of discomfort.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    piles? wire brush and paraffin.

playing dad's taxi and sooooooooo bored.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.