Training around Macclesfield

stueys
stueys Posts: 1,332
edited January 2018 in Road general
I'm working up in Macclesfield for a few months and am struggling to find anywhere that offers power based, turbo training. Ideally I'd like to do an hour of interval based work in the evening but all I can find are gyms with spin bikes, etc.

Anyone any ideas on someone who offers something a bit more cycling centric? Happy to travel a bit from Macclesfield, everything I've found so far has been Manchester based which is a bit of a hike.

Comments

• Macc puts you in easy reach of some of the best riding in the Peaks, why not take your bike and some lights instead? Just seems a waste.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Macc puts you in easy reach of some of the best riding in the Peaks, why not take your bike and some lights instead? Just seems a waste.

I’d agree but in just a bit too time pressured when I’m working to do much more than an hour. Best bang for buck is a turbo type training session where I’m not contending with traffic, etc, etc. In summer with the longer evenings, different story...
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Stueys wrote:
    Macc puts you in easy reach of some of the best riding in the Peaks, why not take your bike and some lights instead? Just seems a waste.

I’d agree but in just a bit too time pressured when I’m working to do much more than an hour. Best bang for buck is a turbo type training session where I’m not contending with traffic, etc, etc. In summer with the longer evenings, different story...

I agree with onemoresolo, especially considering you're struggling to find what you want. You can be one some decent climbs within 15 mins of leaving the centre of Macclesfield. You can actually put together a decent quality route for an hour-ish.