wednesday let's face it, the planet is overpopulated, we can easily ditch some, hasta la vista, baby

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,392
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office of gmc, coffee, webexes, coffee, early bail, more webexes, deep breath, relax

after yesterday's smiting of various people who incurred my displeasure, it will be interesting to see how today goes
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, waiting for breakfast at the holiday inn Norwich, I am not sure this thing called work is all it’s cracked up to be :) , home on Friday
    It was a warm 12 degs c here yesterday almost summer
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,821
    Was warm in Shropshire yesterday, today is rain and wind designed for a chap called Noah

Despite the weather, eldest and I had a giggle on our walk with the hound

WFH today, so should get some work done. Later I need to get on the rollers
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sooooo tired after a crap nights sleep. Going to do absolutely nothing all day but sit on my backside.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,312
    Morning, waiting for breakfast at the holiday inn Norwich, I am not sure this thing called work is all it’s cracked up to be :) , home on Friday
    I was just reading about Norwich and had no idea it was so dangerous. If you go to a farm near Bishops Pargeter you'll find the bodies of 4 mercenaries in a shallow grave, recently dispatched by Jack Reacher.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Surprisingly brave this morning as I decided to battle the elements and wobble in this morning. No planning to work too hard today so I might do an MF.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,113
    Hello

Run (wet and windy)
    Shower
    Tea
    Delete emails
    Meeting about a meeting
    Meeting
    Llandegla later (hopefully not so wet)

Found a colony of black mould in my water bottle last night trying to take over the universe. A few sterilising tablets quickly stopped that revolution overnight.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,227
    Morning folks,
    Wimped out and drove in this morning using the excuse that I am going to lunch with the Mrs today and didn't want to get there sopping wet. I do believe it's Wednesday so the pub will feature this evening. Just got to get through the day without murderising anyone (unlike Spinner who's carrying out my hit for me). Mind you given the thread title maybe I should cull a few volunteers, although they may not realise their actions translate to volunteering in my mind. Minor detail, I'm sure they'll realise it's for the greater good.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997

Before or after lunch? The curry on the menu on Friday was pretty good, reccommended.

Nearly all the snow is gone and it's currently in water form on the roads. Office again today, I feel weirdly on top of things at the moment which proably means something bad is about to happen. Hey ho
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    I was just reading about Norwich and had no idea it was so dangerous. If you go to a farm near Bishops Pargeter you'll find the bodies of 4 mercenaries in a shallow grave, recently dispatched by Jack Reacher.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I read that one on holiday a couple of years ago - it was in the place we were staying at.

So shyttt. Unbelievably shyyyyt. I think I threw it in the swimming pool when I realised I had wasted 12 hours of my life reading it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, Feel I should have taken a sailing vessel today, force 8 gale puffing around, kids, trampolines and wheelie bins being thrown about like confetti.
    Not sure how much if any work ill do today not overly interested in it today. Onwards, coffee, and some Jaffa cakes.
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    Before or after lunch? The curry on the menu on Friday was pretty good, reccommended.
    Tonight after work. I don't tend to stay for food, would rather go home for a shower.
    Expecting it to be a mudbath but as long as it's not raining it'll be fine. Just need to stop the air spring chamber filling up with water again because that's not springy and compressible (trashed stanchion).
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    Tonight after work. I don't tend to stay for food, would rather go home for a shower.
    Expecting it to be a mudbath but as long as it's not raining it'll be fine. Just need to stop the air spring chamber filling up with water again because that's not springy and compressible (trashed stanchion).

They caught some snow on Friday but that will all be gone by now, I left early as there was another amber warning up in Scotland and didn't want to get stuck on the motorway 20miles from my house...

Sounds like your suspension is a little broken, it'll be fine! :lol:
  • Matthewfalle
    Half way through the day and nothing at all attempted yet alone completed. Success.

I may go for lunch now then bunk off early.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    I was told with Rock Shox just ride them into the ground. Taking this as far as I can because I'm not spending £400-£500 on a set of obsolete forks for a bike I want to replace in a few months time.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,040
    Afternoon,

Finally found a position to sleep in that didn't cause shoulder pain then slept for England - got up just before 11. Now doing a spot of WFH and organising physio sessions etc. It's vile outside.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    I was told with Rock Shox just ride them into the ground. Taking this as far as I can because I'm not spending £400-£500 on a set of obsolete forks for a bike I want to replace in a few months time.

You going long travel 29er to be ENDURO like me?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,392
    just bucketed down here, but seems to be blowing through

a day of slow progress on multiple fronts, i hope no set-backs or reversals, not felt the need to cull anyone else, yet
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    Just had 2 pies for lunch.

Now don't feel well.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Went to the Italian deli in Twickenham for lunch with the Mrs, very pleasant even if it is really grim out there. I need to murderise a cloggy TNT driver at the moment. He's delivered a load of windscreens but we don't know where. The customer doesn't have them and TNT tell us they've been signed for by Chris, problem being my customer doesn't employ anyone called Chris. If anyone knows Chris the Cloggy ask him if he's got a load of windscreens he didn't order.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Might be the same lot that rang me the other month to confirm the delivery of bricks, I told them to leave them just outside the front door, I didn't order and bricks nor were any outside my front door when I got home. I just feel sorry for the poor blighter that got them.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Rode in on my rickety metal planet X with shyyte plastic wheels. Flabbergasted that it stayed in one piece given my 27 stone bulk.
    Very fcuking windy, testing the limit of what I'm comfortable riding in. Must go to the land of volcanoes like sungod, and get better at it.
    Tedium aplenty in the office.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Rode in on my rickety metal planet X with shyyte plastic wheels. Flabbergasted that it stayed in one piece given my 27 stone bulk.
    Guy that lived a couple of doors down had a carbon Planet X with fancy wheels with carbon spokes. He took it to a bike shop for a service and the bloke asked if it was his bike. When he asked why he was told the weight limit for those wheels would have been no more than 100kgs at most, the bloke was 6'8" and built like a brick shithouse.
    Said every time he rode the bike after that he expected a carbon fibre spoke up his aris' so he sold it and bought a Canyon with no weight limit.
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    You going long travel 29er to be ENDURO like me?
    Currently on a Trance X5 (yeah, only 8 years old...), considering a 130/140/150mm 27.5" hardtail maybe 29" but concerned it won't be as fun as a full susser and I'll have to learn how to ride properly. Need to go to some more demo days.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,821
    hopkinb wrote:
    Very fcuking windy, testing the limit of what I'm comfortable riding in. Must go to the land of volcanoes like sungod, and get better at it.

You lost weight?
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

You lost weight?

Thanks for noticing. :wink:
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

You lost weight?

I could tell by that pic of your foot that you were under 28 stone.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

You lost weight?

I could tell by that pic of your foot that you were under 28 stone.
    I guess if he was 28 stone he wouldn't have been able to take a pic of his foot.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,173
    Me worked me. Meh.

Is Hoppy on a diet?!

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

Is Hoppy on a diet?!
    Never. I have a certain silhouette to maintain.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Is Hoppy on a diet?!
    Never. I have a certain silhouette to maintain.
    A waffeur thin mint, monsieur?