tuesday illuminating the undesirable with high-energy η mesons

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

was going to gym but too lazy, instead cafe, wfh, etc.

taking mrs s for surprise dinner tonight, this may result in more than 100% of squiffy
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Bike loaded in the car to do a split commute into Chester but manflu is taking hold so I will probably drive the whole way :(
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, I received a phone call yesterday from a company I some times work for, do I want 3 days work in Norwich?, so I am on my way to Norwich shortly.
    Have a good day
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Have left the dry sauna conditions behind, 4 days in a row over 40 deg was getting to me a bit.

Long drive to escape and now staying with some other friends near the coast south east of Melbourne, on Mornington Peninsula, which is beautiful. Had a proper swim, wandered around some vineyards sampling boozes with a light lunch tossed in. Bit of a sightsee tour, now just waiting for aperitifs to be served.

Civilised.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Have left the dry sauna conditions behind, 4 days in a row over 40 deg was getting to me a bit.

Long drive to escape and now staying with some other friends near the coast south east of Melbourne, on Mornington Peninsula, which is beautiful. Had a proper swim, wandered around some vineyards sampling boozes with a light lunch tossed in. Bit of a sightsee tour, now just waiting for aperitifs to be served.

Civilised.

If you're in Melbourne, head to Jackie O's just off Ackland Street and have a cold one for me and TDV if you have a mo'.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    DAY OFF! GET IN MY SON!

Walk Hound, weights sesh, meet TDV at edwyn's for a coffee, quick hour on the bike, job jobbed.

'Ave it worker drones.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Walk Hound, weights sesh, meet TDV at edwyn's for a coffee, quick hour on the bike, job jobbed.
    This sounds remarkably similar to your work day.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    This sounds remarkably similar to your work day.

Agreed, but today I don't have to walk about with something in my hand pretending that I'm busy and have to get somewhere to do something.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Oh - forgot. Also have to go and buy some bright red nail varnish to touch up the chips on my retro Cannondale slick shod MTB and bambino's racer. May take TDV to Edwyn's Emporioum for this as I don't want to look like a really rubbish drag queen.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    Oh - forgot. Also have to go and buy some bright red nail varnish to touch up the chips on my retro Cannondale slick shod MTB and bambino's racer. May take TDV to Edwyn's Emporioum for this as I don't want to look like a really rubbish drag queen.
    A real man should be able to purchase the girliest of items without the slightest hint of shame, self-consciousness or discomfort.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Another quiet day looms.
    Just overheard that we're supposed to be outsourcing more of our work to somewhere far away which is all well and good if we had work to give away.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Bike loaded in the car to do a split commute into Chester
    Did the same. I was going to ride the whole way but it was raining at home, and wasn't further down the road (weather forecast was correct today). Convoluted route due to a jammed rear mech, which sorted itself out after 15 mins of spinning in bottom gear.
    Will go for a longer ride later when hopefully the roads are a bit drier, or might go home and try the gym.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:
    A real man should be able to purchase the girliest of items without the slightest hint of shame, self-consciousness or discomfort.
    A real man can also walk into a deserted Body Shop and give a flawless Kate Bush Wuthering Heights (playing on the sound system) dance impersonation to two bewildered shop staff, then calmly ask where the soap is.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    ...near the coast south east of Melbourne
    As you're that way could you pop into Melbourne and run someone over for me?

Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in again this morning, wobblier than a wobbly thing. Only a spot of light drizzle and remarkably warm, although not quite 40° thankfully.
    Another day of silly question avoidance is underway, unfortunately I cannot avoid all of them as some of them come from other people that are paid to come here. What they do cannot be described as work, it's a sort of care in the community deal I suspect. Like the idiot that just walked into an open plan office and asked "What time's he in?" with no indication of who he meant. Tonight's trip to a pub and curry shop has just been cancelled, probably a good thing in some ways but I'm not convinced.
    I didn't know Seano worked in Body Shop.
    Ooh, another cup of tea has just been delivered, ginger nuts to be dunked.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    McNing,

Dank one here an weirdly warm shunned the heavy winter coat in favour of something less cumbersome. uneventful drive to work as ever.

I always had matt down as an Avon rep myself V68, clearly we all learnt things today.

Repairing the car later, comprising of hitting the engine cover to stop it rattling, removing some foglight fluid and replacing the battery, car randomly came up with a battery condition warning light which took me a good hour to fathom.
    Hopefully cram some turbo action which will feel weird as I removed the brake lever from the shifters to get rid of the anodising.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Morning.

Having fun being a one armed bandit. Right arm in a sling and still pretty numb but feeling surprisingly perky after a couple of hours worth of general anesthsetic last night.

Had brekky and hopefully will escape from hospital when I've managed to tie my shoelaces...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    A real man can also walk into a deserted Body Shop and give a flawless Kate Bush Wuthering Heights (playing on the sound system) dance impersonation to two bewildered shop staff, then calmly ask where the soap is.

Tick - that has been done in Edwyn's Emporioum many a time. But I like the Body Shop irony. I may track down a 1980s style village where a Body Shop still exists and go and do it.

Bambina and I also (on a regular basis) do thing where we pretend to be ninjas and "ninja" around The Emporium whilst doing the whole of the weekly shop.

Its become so regular now that people just ignore us as we hide on the floor behind the eggs.

Trolley races (where you stand on the back axle and scoot along) are also a regular occurrence.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Morning.

Having fun being a one armed bandit. Right arm in a sling and still pretty numb but feeling surprisingly perky after a couple of hours worth of general anesthsetic last night.

Had brekky and hopefully will escape from hospital when I've managed to tie my shoelaces...

Numb right arm? So loads of posh ones then?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Morning.

Op was done privately so he can ask the nurses to do it for him.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sure. Happy to help.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    This morning has been mainly about cleaning up sick. Not mine, but mini's. Poor thing has been bravely chundering into assorted receptacles/toilet bowls/the stairs. Feel very sorry for her. Nanny was able to come and babysit, so I've pedalled in the long way to take a meeting, but will be heading home early. Obvs I now also feel sick... :roll:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    hope it's not norovirus, everyone within splatter aerosol range will get it

though on the roadie plus side, fastest weight loss i ever managed
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sure. Happy to help.
    Great, he's called Jason should make him easy to find. He seems to be permanently drunk and/or stoned so should be easy to blame him for the 'accident'.
  • hopkinb
    I don't think it is. Norovirus that is. She has a stinking cold - seemed to be mainly snot that she was hoiking up. Dunno though..
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    I don't think it is. Norovirus that is. She has a stinking cold - seemed to be mainly snot that she was hoiking up. Dunno though..
    Our daughter seems particularly sensitive to volume of snot and if she has a cold often throws up in the morning from it running down the back of her throat in the night.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Morning.

Op was done privately so he can ask the nurses to do it for him.
    The anaesthetist lady was very presentable. Back home now and the nerve blocker is starting to wear off so its nurofen or cider for pain relief now.

The hospital was good, but I marked them down for not giving wine with the post op dinner and no fried pig for brekkie.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Spent most of the morning trying to set up the new laptop, it's very nice but I really hate doing computer stuff when it doesn't work properly. I have also spent the last hour or so doing a maths test to see if I r clevr enuff to do some more learning, first time I have sat down and done actual maths for years. Turns out I might be clever enough but not rich enough...

Blowing a gale here and heavy rain on and off, hopefully all the snow will have melted by the time I get home. Had a near death experience on the way in this morning hitting a flood at 70mph, makes a change
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Dilemma time, two sets of carbon wheels have come up for silly money, 45mm bontrager tubs or 66mm Superstar/Reynold strike moulds clinchers, both around £200 or do I buy a car battery which is about £180....
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Dilemma time, two sets of carbon wheels have come up for silly money, 45mm bontrager tubs or 66mm Superstar/Reynold strike moulds clinchers, both around £200 or do I buy a car battery which is about £180....
    Wheels!!!
    What sort of battery is it? That's crazy money.
  • hopkinb
    Wheels.
  • Matthewfalle
    Wheels.

Obvs, innit, see.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    JUst seen TDOTGABIWAT in Edwyn's and ran away like a scared man.

Now kicking myself.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.