monday looking out across a post-apocalyptic wasteland

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, meeting, coffee, bail early for some webexes

one of gmc's far flung tentacles has got itself lopped off a program we need it to be in, as well as them filling in the gaps locally, it means i've got make at least three heffalumps worth of effort to help ready them for the inquisitor general, sigh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, what a difference a day makes, it’s positively red hot well +5 degs, so a bike ride will be in order today
    Have a good week
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    mildly moist roads, but considerably warmer, mitts instead of gloves etc.

office of gmc very quiet, heading to cafe, i see a croissant in my future as well
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Hiya

Moist roads here also, but I had 38mm tyres so it was fun. Noticeably more people out this morning on bikes.

Quiet day again I think. The post Christmas lag seems to be dragging on longer than usual this year.
    it’s positively red hot well +5 degs
    Yep, -1 yesterday, +5 at 6:30 am today here. Shorts and short sleeved jerseys are back, car started first time :shock:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Gopping. Foggy, raining, windy.

Neeeeeed to get out on a bicycle but it's sooo horrid out there.

Light in office is on its last legs and doing that flashy blinks thing - tempted to whack on some old school drum n bass and pretend I'm in a 1980s badly funded underground rave.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Finally felt well enough to wobble in to work on my velocipede, possibly the slowest ride EVER. Just realised I've only ridden in once in the last month due to Christmas and the plague. I should probably unsubscribe from here and sign up to LazyfatbastardRadar. The day has started badly with too many idiots on the phone, hopefully now that a few more people are in I can avoid too many more and just deal with my idiots.
    Is Stevo under the knife today? Good luck and may the nurses be worth it. We will of course need pictures, of nurses not the surgery.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Morning all. I can confirm V68 did indeed wobble in, I've seen it on the Strava, the wobbling is very evident.

Wore my new "thermal" Rapha shorts that I bought in the sale - good god they are comfortable. Feels like you're being pampered by oiled beauties, rather than sitting astride a slightly knackered Arione.

If Stevo is indeed under the knife, then good luck - make sure they put magic marker on the shoulder they are aiming at.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah Monday

Lots of idiots on the road = 2hr plus commute to do less than 80 miles

Later is yuff club for the kids, so I will be out walking with the current wife whilst wishing I was on the rollers
  • Drinking on a Sunday isn't ideal for productivity.

On the upside I can have a new woodburner and can get rid of a building pillar in the kitchen, all is looking good!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Finally felt well enough to wobble in to work on my velocipede, possibly the slowest ride EVER. Just realised I've only ridden in once in the last month due to Christmas and the plague. I should probably unsubscribe from here and sign up to LazyfatbastardRadar. The day has started badly with too many idiots on the phone, hopefully now that a few more people are in I can avoid too many more and just deal with my idiots.
    Is Stevo under the knife today? Good luck and may the nurses be worth it. We will of course need pictures, of nurses not the surgery.
    I'm still in the office doing some stuff as my op isn't till 6pm, so i'll trotting off Blackheath a bit later. I probably shouldn't have watched quite so many of those major surgery and Supervet programmes lately... Still, it's general anesthetic and I'm hoping that BUPA covers the cost of some plonk this evening as I'm staying over till tomorrow morning :)

Worst thing is I'm not allowed to eat until afterwards so had to stuff my face an hour ago.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Good weekend playing in the snow, crampons and ice axe up one of the local hills on Saturday then up to Glenshee yesterday, back to find more snow at home. It had better melt soon as my gutters are starting to fall off, knocked as much off as I could with a kayak paddle last night but as it melts it'll slide off and cause more damage. Might be time to invest in a ladder.

Having a weird moment of weakness, considering doing a postgrad diploma/masters outside of work. Not sure how they will feel if I suggest it, I don't want to leave but it would certainly open my options if I had a masters, that might convince them to help pay. Might wait a while before I bring it up as I just sent on costs for a new car...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Me footering with inset wood burner me.

More footering with inset wood burner tomorrow...

...and probably footering with inset wood burner on Wednesday too.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb wrote:
    Morning all. I can confirm V68 did indeed wobble in, I've seen it on the Strava, the wobbling is very evident.
    I should delete my Strava account to prevent embarrassment.

Has Stevo been under the knife for 3 hours? Have they done the op he went in for or will he come out missing some vital organs?
  • Stevo_666
    I'm back. Bit groggy but still alive. Still got a drip in and could do with taking a leak!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm back. Bit groggy but still alive. Still got a drip in and could do with taking a leak!

Turn the tap to the 'ON' position.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Haven't done much wobbling myself. Damn weather. Not been sick either!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Need to do more wobbling
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Just lean on your side and pee out of the bed and blame it on the drugs
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

^^^
    I do this anyway. Dog or drugs.
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Need to do more wobbling

...and less work.

Can't even take the Old new banger for a spin as there is a split in the overflow pipe to radiator. Had to get one form the US. Only $4.16 but 2 weeks wait. It's killing me.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Could do with a bloody drink !
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Could do with a bloody drink !

increase the drip rate.