sunday warping spacetime with a delusional pineapple

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafes, suspect i'm going to get another drenching, meh

skinny tyres, they're just better, narrower profile reduces probability of puncture, they look better, they don't squirm, and on matching skinny profile rims they go faster - ignore the trendies on their bloated ugly fat squirming airbags, be different, go skinny
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, I’ve just walked the dog and the roads are in a state with last nights rain and overnight freezing they look dreadful, so I will probably have an hour on the rollers today, we are going out for lunch, not to the pub , but some very good friends , he brews his own beer and it’s normally very strong stuff, so I will not be driving.
    Enjoy your day.
    Sg, would you call 25 mm skinny ?
  • sungod
    my rims are 20mm wide 47mm deep, even 23mm tubs are a bit bulgy on them, 22 is about the skinny limit, any wider and the 'lightbulb' profile really messes up the aerodynamics

imho 25 is plump, though if they match the rim width it still looks ok
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meant to be doing my old clubs reliability ride today, but as it’s snowing, I think I will give it a miss

The snow means the mother in law will be here for even longer - Friday night was meant to be the total stay........

Need to spend a few hrs sorting the wood and visit the local
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Gopping outside. Fog, rain, wind. Just had a shake, having a coffee then going to do a weights session then have the spare piece of steak from last night for brekkie. Yum yum yum.

Then lunch at TDV's in laws and hopefully a turbo session late.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Ploughed and gritted our road first thing (all 10 mm of snow) but now it's raining/sleeting/hailing and don't need to go out so probably won't, maybe a walk to the pub for lunch.
    Got a strike on my YouTube account yesterday, no idea what I did wrong.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    TLW1 wrote:
    Meant to be doing my old clubs reliability ride today, but as it’s snowing, I think I will give it a miss
    I guess if it was just snowy (not wet or icy or slushy) and there weren't many cars about it would be a good laugh on a hybrid/MTB.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TLW1 wrote:
    I guess if it was just snowy (not wet or icy or slushy) and there weren't many cars about it would be a good laugh on a hybrid/MTB.

Would be, if my car worked in the snow to get me there!
  • sungod
    managed almost an hour before the rain started, then the heavier rain, a brief foray into snow, then an unpleasant sleet

yesterday i took the only action that will resolve this perpetual sogginess - ordered some more waterproofish things from sigmasport, their arrival should trigger a drought
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Got a strike on my YouTube account yesterday, no idea what I did wrong.

What's a 'strike'?!

@SG: 23mm! Not on your nelly. My boney aris wouldn't cope. I ride 27mm Vittorias. so cushty.

Weather: meh. Cycling plans: meh. Birthday girl is better.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    27mm? 32mm of extreme comfort, also Vittorias.
    Traditional slow start has been had, off to the ‘rents shortly. Haven’t seen them for a while due to us all having the plague and chemo messing with the old man’s immune system. Bit off pottering needs to be done.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    This weather is pants. Think I'll do my tax dodge sorry return.
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:

You have less than 10 days or they will have you by the short and curlies. Why not do it in October? Send it recorded. They lost mine one year.
  • Matthewfalle
    Weather has turned even more gopping. I have no desire to go anyway that isn't warm and cosy and safe from TDV as she's on one and I'm a bit scared.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

You have less than 10 days or they will have you by the short and curlies. Why not do it in October? Send it recorded. They lost mine one year.
    Get with the programme, Daddio. Online filing, 'tis the future sorry present. You get a confirmation of receipt 'n' all, so 'they' cannot lose it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    I like my 28mm tyres, I glide over London ironwork and potholes that others have to weave around :)

Took the hound out for a walk in the sleet; even with his girly coat on he didn't fancy being out long so came back for coffee. It still looks a bit grim out there so will carry on dossing for a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

You still do yours on paper, grandad? :) Online is where it's at, got my refund within a week of filing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Didn’t your wife then spend the refund within 38 seconds of receipt?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I haven't got a pot to p!ss in, so don't do a tax return. Ho hum.
    Weather is utter shyyte. Took dog out early before it started raining/sleeting. Have taken mini H3 to, and collected her from, a party.
    Wise up sungod daddio, 28mm rubber is where it's at. No bulbosity on mine, just stacks of aero, oodles of watts, and a fcukton of raw speed.
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Get with the programme, Daddio. Online filing, 'tis the future sorry present. You get a confirmation of receipt 'n' all, so 'they' cannot lose it.

Now listen up Grand Daddio, 'the short return' has a lot more detail. I can do the whole thing in pencil, go back and check all my figures and then re-adjust accordingly :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Not far wrong, deposit on a kitchen upgrade and plan for a new driveway. But its OK, there's lots of other stuff she doesn't know about :)
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Now listen up Grand Daddio, 'the short return' has a lot more detail. I can do the whole thing in pencil, go back and check all my figures and then re-adjust accordingly :wink:
    I thought you had to use quill pen and ink?
  • orraloon
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

I thought you had to use quill pen and ink?
    Sounds like it. Here's me sitting in front of Taxcalc (other tax return software is available) reviewing and revising with the elves inside the conputer doing all the working out and comparisons for me. Pencil? Pah.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not far wrong, deposit on a kitchen upgrade and plan for a new driveway. But its OK, there's lots of other stuff she doesn't know about :)

Lush, see: black ops spending - the best type.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Now we know why Piña appears so slow on the uptake. He writes his posts out by hand, then when the ink has dried he sends it to someone young enough to operate a computer.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Now we know why Piña appears so slow on the uptake. He writes his posts out by hand, then when the ink has dried he sends it to someone young enough to operate a computer.
    ...and I haven't even got a smartphone.

You can stuff your modernity where Sungod won't go.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:

what's tesco got to do with it?
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

what's tesco got to do with it?

You've got a second hand devotion.
  • Possibly too late for the cognoscenti but I also am a Vittoria fan, nothing thinner than 32 mm. Must dust the bike down and get riding soon.
    For those who have been following the saga, the psycho who attacked Mrs BBGeek was sentenced on Friday. She got 16 months imprisonment suspended for 21 months. I have to say top work to the CPS barrister and a nice judge. Only when the defendant found more money for compo did she not go to prison. It's been a bit emotional, and Mrs BBGeek is now asleep (medication) and I am watching the snooker and drinking wine.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Lush, see: black ops spending - the best type.
    It's more black ops saving and investment. If she doesn't know about it, she can't spend it...
  • orraloon
    Possibly too late for the cognoscenti but I also am a Vittoria fan, nothing thinner than 32 mm. Must dust the bike down and get riding soon.
    For those who have been following the saga, the psycho who attacked Mrs BBGeek was sentenced on Friday. She got 16 months imprisonment suspended for 21 months. I have to say top work to the CPS barrister and a nice judge. Only when the defendant found more money for compo did she not go to prison. It's been a bit emotional, and Mrs BBGeek is now asleep (medication) and I am watching the snooker and drinking wine.
    Fxxx man. Was not aware of the saga. Sounds sh1t. Best wishes to both.