saturday destroying immanent epistemological states, with plasma weaponry

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

soggy day looms, bloody typical for the weekend

ride, get cold and wet, drink much coffee, hose down bike, spend rest of day warming up
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry here at the moment, just going to walk the dog, pick up newspapers, breakfast , bikeride, nothing planned for later though
    Have a good weekend
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    I would soooooooooo love a bl00dy cold wet miserable day. Staying with brother-in-law for the weekend. Drove into local town through 44 degree C sunshine and no wind again. Another day forecast much the same tomorrow. :|
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I would soooooooooo love a bl00dy cold wet miserable day. Staying with brother-in-law for the weekend. Drove into local town through 44 degree C sunshine and no wind again. Another day forecast much the same tomorrow. :|

Jog on
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    Early Saturday Club Ride planned. no ice yay. sleet booo. oh well best find the rain jacket....

3 hours of soggy coming up
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Manflu day two, think I should call the doctors out

Meant to be doing my first race in the way to joining MF as an elite rider today :(
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Absolutely honking out there. Horrible.

Hound walk, family schizzle, turbo train, champagne. I think that’s it for the day.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Modigliani and Soviet photography/propaganda art at the Tate Modern. Food market lunch. Probably some sogginess.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Fugly that Tate modern building. Went to the Kandinsky exhibition some time ago.

High ho, high ho, it's off to work me go...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    rode, got drenched, came to aid of cycling damsels in distress, rode more, even more drenched, had coffee, now attempting to warm up
  • So the weather forecast of 4 degrees and rain all day has changed to 7 degrees and dry.
    Will watch a re-run of the TDU
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Moist down here as well. I don’t envy Spinner as 44 is a bit warm but I wouldn’t mind a nice happy medium.
    Off to get my eyes tested today and then might go for a bite to eat.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Functional threshold test done. Should not have opened that bottle of red last night. Upside, sat on turbo watching the sleet angling down outside and glad not out there.
  • orraloon wrote:
    Functional threshold test done. Should not have opened that bottle of red last night. Upside, sat on turbo watching the sleet angling down outside and glad not out there.

There are benefits to red wine, and dark chocolate etc etc

*for the cardiovascular system
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    I feel a bit sorry for spinner, 44C is mentally hot. I'm OK with drizzle for now.

Done loads of jobs including stocking up on drink for my convalescence next week. Sounds like MOTD will be worth a watch tonight :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    rode early to club start. no one else showed, rode home did more on the turbo.

now at kids play area doing daddy duty.
  • Matthewfalle
    Absolutely gopping outside - has drained every morsel of motivation from my uber fine body.

I am intending to replace the motivation with Pastis and champagne in a bit.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...I wouldn’t mind a nice happy medium.

Hard to find. They usually charge too much and spout nonsense. I reckon SG could provide the service cheap and cheerfully.

Me successfully fitted inset wood burner me. Need to brick it up and then start the process of stonework for the chimney breast. £30 for 3 x 150mm stainless steel clamps. 'Kin 'ell.

£580 Burner
    £69 Fire bricks
    £30 SS clamps
    £84 2m SS 316 grade flue and fire surround
    £5 RSJ.
    £427 Mountain ledge stone, stone mortar, delivery and VAT.
    + sundries.

Holy shmokes.

Tricky is 7 today but she's a little bit crook.

Pizza and a nice bottle of Macon Villages* later.

*White! That'll be interesting.
  • Matthewfalle
    Large bottle of Coors Lite done as it was blocking the milk in the fridge. Why we had Coors Lite I do not know.

Pastis done.

Red wine opening.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Ooh, you lucky boozy buggers. You must report back on the Macon Pinno.
  • sungod
    white with pizza? it's certainly allowed with bubbly, but otherwise, hmmm

just had a couple of glasses of merlot cab sauv to complement my stir fry pork loin with ginger and chilli, served with rosti and sweetcorn, nom

it's almost tawny o'clock
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Been out for a late trip to look at ovens and fridges for the kitchen update. Joyful but it is needed. We CBA to cook so Thai take away it is, with more muscadet sevre et main for me. Cant complain.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:

Surprisingly good especially for an impulse buy and only £6.49. It's always a lottery at that price.

What can I say? It's rich, sweet but slightly dry. It will do nicely.

I find I get a little dehydrated with red SG and i'm planning a pedal tomorrow morning. Besides, not really having the vino with the pizza.
    Pizza was home made.
  • hopkinb
    Where from Pinno? Your equivalent of Edwyn's, or a nationwide multiple?
    Homemade pizza dough as well? Mrs H3 is going through a breadmaking phase at the moment, which is most appreciated.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Down to a chilly 28 overnight. :D

Walk done early. Now listening to inane drivel on the radio. Country cricket reports. Bring me coffee or there may be violence soon.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Surprisingly good especially for an impulse buy and only £6.49. It's always a lottery at that price.

What can I say? It's rich, sweet but slightly dry. It will do nicely.

I find I get a little dehydrated with red SG and i'm planning a pedal tomorrow morning. Besides, not really having the vino with the pizza.
    Pizza was home made.

Thought £5.75 had been established as the benchmark where wine is no longer regarded as cheap.
  • Matthewfalle
    Back on the Pastis watching Midsomer Murders.

Very, very nice bottle of Portuguese red was consumed.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Homemade pizza dough as well? Mrs H3 is going through a breadmaking phase at the moment, which is most appreciated.

Home made dough.

If Mrs H³ can make bread by hand, then she can make pizza dough. Want a recipe?
  • hopkinb
    Ballysmate wrote:

Thought £5.75 had been established as the benchmark where wine is no longer regarded as cheap.
    Given UK duty, VAT, bottling, transport, producer profit, merchant profit, I think at £6 you're getting 50 pence worth of wine, £10 you're getting £3 of wine, £20 you're getting £6 to £7 of wine. £30 and upwards you are paying for producer/vineyard/mystique.
    So, the jump from the £6 bottle to the £10 to £12 bottle is where the biggest quality to price jump is. But it's all about your budget, and what you are willing to spend.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Home made dough.

If Mrs H³ can make bread by hand, then she can make pizza dough. Want a recipe?
    She uses the dough hook on the kitchenaid she spent our wedding present vouchers on.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    hopkinb wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Given UK duty, VAT, bottling, transport, producer profit, merchant profit, I think at £6 you're getting 50 pence worth of wine, £10 you're getting £3 of wine, £20 you're getting £6 to £7 of wine. £30 and upwards you are paying for producer/vineyard/mystique.
    So, the jump from the £6 bottle to the £10 to £12 bottle is where the biggest quality to price jump is. But it's all about your budget, and what you are willing to spend.

You're talking bollox.
    My vino expert says differently.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... #p20071037