friday something is stirring in the void, a jabberwocky perhaps

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,529
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, drink much coffee, bail early and wfh the rest of the day, well, until around brillig, may relax after then
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Friday equals the joy of the toll road and m42

Later is booze free! Not sure I can take it, I mean, it's Friday ffs
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    ^^ That’s cruel.
    450km drive to stay with family for the weekend, Stage 1 of trip. At 5:40pm, it’s still 40 deg C here.

“Warmer” tomorrow. FFS.

Was *extremely* weird driving out of Sydney this morning as an ex-resident.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing at the moment, so hopefully will get out on the bike later, I might even do the weekend shopping today, looks like tomorrow is gong to be a decent day thank goodness
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Morning folks,
    Slower start than usual today, going to a meeting at the girl child’s school. Got to go into work for a bit and then later is pub. I’ll have a drink for you TLW. Will probably go to the chippy as I haven’t fixed the oven yet.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Morning

Cold again, chiseling ice off the car. Hope HaydenM makes it to Llandegla.
    Need to nip to the post office this morning, followed by drawing some pictures I think. Not sure what's in store for later.

Was looking forward to an epic MTB ride this weekend, but the weather forecast and the manflu has put that on hold.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ^^ That’s cruel.
    450km drive to stay with family for the weekend, Stage 1 of trip. At 5:40pm, it’s still 40 deg C here.

“Warmer” tomorrow. FFS.

REckon you will miss it?

I remember when we left Melbourne living there for a year. The radiator fell off the station wagon as we went down the freeway. Oh how we laughed.

Anyhow, today is planning Cervelo domination, only to know deep inside that it will all one to nothing and I'll end up sadly disappointed and hating the Madone even more than I do now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Unrelenting tedium at work, seasoned with the threat of redundancy as ever.

More tedium planned for the weekend.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, scrapy scrapy car game this morning. Leaving drinks at lunch for someone else whos escaping the drinking establishment in question have some local ales so it would be rude not to sample them.
    Later will be further drinking because its Friday.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    ^^ That’s cruel.

“Warmer” tomorrow. FFS.

REckon you will miss it?

I remember when we left Melbourne living there for a year. The radiator fell off the station wagon as we went down the freeway. Oh how we laughed.

Anyhow, today is planning Cervelo domination, only to know deep inside that it will all one to nothing and I'll end up sadly disappointed and hating the Madone even more than I do now.
    I will miss friends and some of the stuff we do/did together for sure. There’s lots of things about Sydney that are great, if you can be bothered, but we no longer can. No, won’t miss living in it at all.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Today I am mostly kicking the screen of my pc as solidworks refuses to install. Espresso, fish and chips for lunch, beer in the su bar before cycling home. Might go and make something in the workshops.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    hopkinb wrote:
    Unrelenting tedium at work, seasoned with the threat of redundancy as ever.

More tedium planned for the weekend.

Off to meet 2 of the lads I lived with at university for lunch at some fancy private members club just round the corner. I hasten to add that I'm not a member, but one of them is. Definite turn up for the books. Let's see if I can resist the siren call of a glass of wine or two.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Slower start than usual today, going to a meeting at the girl child’s school. Got to go into work for a bit and then later is pub. I’ll have a drink for you TLW. Will probably go to the chippy as I haven’t fixed the oven yet.
    Onwards and upwards...
    I'll have a drink for him as well, it'll need two of us to take up the slack in the drinks industry. Tramp fuel is in the fridge awaiting my return.

Just dealing with some HR & management stuff on top of all the tax bits - although the Kingdom Of Far Far Away has knocked off for the weekend now so no more pigeon English emails to decipher until Monday. Unfortunately the weekend is looking busy as I need to get quite a bit done before I become a proper one armed bandit next week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I become a proper one armed bandit next week.
    As opposed to just a bandit. Will you be fit for next Friday?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I become a proper one armed bandit next week.
    As opposed to just a bandit. Will you be fit for next Friday?
    I'm doubtful at the moment. Will have to see see if I am coming into town that week. I know I have to be careful in the early stages not to move the arm around much so getting smashed in a small venue of moshing punks is going to be a bit of a gamble.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Just received a good text, apparently I now have a ring beam. You just watch the basta**cats put prints in it!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Update, local ales looked terrible so two pints of Ghost Ship and a pie were consumed. work rate has now gone to a negative figure.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    So hungry and cold that I just emptied the contents of the fridge into a bowl and it’s now in the pingety ping.

It looks, errr, iffy to say the least but I covered it with jalapeños so it should taste like jalapeño sludge. Yum yum as no one ever said ever.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.