thursday if it's going to end, it may as well end in depravity that'd make caligula queasy

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

stormy night, hope you all survived

cafe, wfh, another tentacle of gmc wants help (i.e. mine) doing stuff for their gmc punter, i can live with that, but ffs why schedule a webex in wine sipping time, it's enough to make one grumpy, very grumpy indeed
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Lost a few tiles and lots of branches, but that's about it

Work is going to be rather silly today which is irritating. Later is parents evening
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, strong winds and rain , have had a short walk with the dog this morning 20 minutes that was enough, everything in the garden is still in place thank goodness
    Be careful if you are cycling to work
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Had to wear earplugs so that the howling gale didn't keep me awake. I'll be getting on the bicycle as late as I possibly can to give the wind a chance to die down, though it'll be more or less behind me.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Damage here appears limited to me being tired because some berk left his recyling bins out where they could get blown around and guess what, about 4.30am they were rattling around outside. Not sure where all the paper that was in it went though.

working from home for a bit then off to Blackheath for my pre-op assessment - I guess they need to make sure I'm not going to die on them on the operating table next week or something. Then will drop into work to pick up the bike - wind seems to have eased off now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Day mucked up as youngest is ill, so working from home - great
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    wet, windy, yuck

first weights sesh done, will head back in later. only doing 2 a day now as I can't ride because of the weather and am going mad with boredom.

Deciding whether to apply for a course or not...... maybe not methinks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    No storm here, maybe 2" more snow and maybe a small amount of rain as the top cm of the snow is rock solid. No site visits for me anytime soon, the site I need to go to most has 39cm in the nearest village and more forecast. I bought some new coffee for the office, it is pleasant and I am the only one in. Off down to Llandegla tomorrow, I'm assuming the roads will be fine and it's only here that has the snow.

No cycling for me for a while, I was tempted to get some cx practice in but it might be impossible
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    HaydenM wrote:
    Off down to Llandegla tomorrow, I'm assuming the roads will be fine and it's only here that has the snow.
    The roads are fine, absolutely nothing.
    OPA's twitter said there was a dusting of snow on the ground last night, but it's not that cold so it may have gone.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Normal service has been resumed and the traditional Thursday morning hangover is present and correct. Just waiting for a coffee to be delivered by my mate that runs a coffee shop that is coming over to pick up a UJ. Only had 3 cups of tea so far so more liquid is needed. Probably should have ridden in but wimped out as the wind was sounding particularly unpleasant and the Mrs still has the plague so I'll pick her up on the way home. Don't think the wind was as bad as I thought, but Bushy Park is quite flat so it does seem worse in there. Did see a fairly large branch down just round the corner from home though.
    Pesky customers keep phoning, might have to turn my phone off if this carries on.
  • Everything is awesome here, end of tax year for MrsHD is on track. Piling is going ok, lift passes arrived in the post, the builder even turned up.

Could do with some more business but that's a given.

I even have a site visit in Wrexham so might dust off the Heckler and have a spin around Llandegla!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    Looking at 3 nights in Tuscany in June with the wife, possibly staying in Siena, hiring a car to get about. The ideal antidote to high winds and darkness.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    HaydenM wrote:
    Off down to Llandegla tomorrow, I'm assuming the roads will be fine and it's only here that has the snow.
    The roads are fine, absolutely nothing.
    OPA's twitter said there was a dusting of snow on the ground last night, but it's not that cold so it may have gone.

Great thanks, I'm there for work but I might get out for a spin in the afternoon. We need to meet OPA late morning anyway and last time I was down we went OT and started talking about potential demos...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Last nights un named storm has done more damage than the named ones so far this year, few broken branches and a rouge trampoline in the street today.

Bar that sod alls going on here, pub was very pubby last night slightly sore head though. later shall be doing some hill intervals with a local club in the deer park, could be amusing after dark.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning,

Last nights un named storm has done more damage than the named ones so far this year, few broken branches and a rouge trampoline in the street today.

Bar that sod alls going on here, pub was very pubby last night slightly sore head though. later shall be doing some hill intervals with a local club in the deer park, could be amusing after dark.

A rouge trampoline? Zuts alors ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    dam auto correct, rogue! Did have red on it though
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Step83 wrote:
    dam auto correct, rogue! Did have red on it though
    I thought maybe it was embarrassed at being found in the wrong place.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...then off to Blackheath for my pre-op assessment - I guess they need to make sure I'm not going to die on them on the operating table next week or something.

What size shoes do you have?

Me worked again me. Did a shed load of silly stiff at PPP that needed to be done. Grilled builder bloke as he was snookered - out of action due to 9 screws having been removed from his foot after a curious ladder incident 8 months ago. Also bumped into sparky. Parked behind his van so he couldn't escape and worked out a plan after plasterers have been and before kitchen fitters.
    I did manage to fit the fan belt tensioner damper to the new old banger, which means it's suuuuuper quiet.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    It’s official. We’re homeless (temporarily) and mortgage-free (permanently)! However the last 2 days of effort are not something I wanna do again any time soon.

Now a couple of weeks off, starting with a few days out in the country. In 40+ degree heat again. :roll:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Just in negotiation for an S5. Oooooooh how exciting! Hopefully it’ll be good bye Madone. :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Just in negotiation for an S5. Oooooooh how exciting! Hopefully it’ll be good bye Madone. :)

Like this?
    2017_Audi_S5_Coupe_blue_Dan_Pugh_1200x800_1.jpg
    It's always too wet/windy/cold for to ride a pushbike in Cymru.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    I suspect not ... lol. A Cervelo perhaps?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    I know :) MF is always whinging about the weather though, so I was just wondering about the wisdom of a fancy bike that sits in the garage because the weather is always too bad!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...then off to Blackheath for my pre-op assessment - I guess they need to make sure I'm not going to die on them on the operating table next week or something.

Not your size...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not your size...

Can I have your watch please?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    I know :) MF is always whinging about the weather though, so I was just wondering about the wisdom of a fancy bike that sits in the garage because the weather is always too bad!

Wheelspinner is correct H3 - made a passing comment to a bloke at work and he got all excited then talked his mate into potentially buying another bike off me, so hopefully combine the two and replace my Soloist that broke that I loved to bits and now hangs forelornley on a wall in the garage.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not your size...

If you want my Marina Militare you'll have to bid for it :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not your size...

The one from china?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not your size...

The one from china?

2 for a tenner at Dudley market.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not your size...

The one from china?
    Cheeky tw@t, it was from Thailand and it's still the same colour as when I bought it.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not your size...

Big or small feet? It will give some indication allegedly of the size of your c0ck. So obviously if you and Pinno are at the opposite ends of the foot spectrum, one of you is a diddy d1ck.