I’d as skinny as Chris Froome if it wasn’t for.......

crispybug2
crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
edited April 2018 in The cake stop
So what is your food weakness, the thing, or things, that you’d be as skinny as f*ck if you could just stop eating it!!

Mine:- Cheese

Any cheese, don’t care, just cheese

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,513
    Quantity
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Anything sold in Sainsbury's. Or Tesco. Or Asda. Or Morrisons. Except mushrooms.

Joking apart, I'm a lover of all things dairy, and all things wheat. I probably use my toastie maker more than I do the microwave.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • tonysj
    tonysj Posts: 391
    Retirement.
    There's only so much fitness activity I can do, the rest of the day is sat on my ar*e smacking.

T
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    17758439_1452563151477608_2022905725928152756_o.jpg?oh=a49bb18cfaf36395d88246d9928d0d61&oe=5AF3D558
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Pfft. I'm as skinny as Chris Froome and I eat what I like. Though I am trying to eradicate cake and chocolate outside the Christmas season - but that won't make any difference to my shape.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Crisps. Lots of crisps. I can demolish a potato sack sized pack of Dorittos in the time between ad breaks on Dave. I've stopped buying them now, and just walk back and forth to the cupboard for little packs from a multipack.

It's part of my new fitness routine.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    I was as skinny as him until about a year after getting married / having our first kid so it must be either be marriage or children rather than the biscuits.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    mrfpb wrote:
    Crisps. Lots of crisps. I can demolish a potato sack sized pack of Dorittos in the time between ad breaks on Dave. I've stopped buying them now, and just walk back and forth to the cupboard for little packs from a multipack.

It's part of my new fitness routine.
    Regular trips to the cupboard and fridge are part of my fitness routine also. I'll go have a look in the fridge to see if there's anything exciting then wander away dejectedly. I'll go back and check another 4 or 5 times in the evening to see if anything has changed.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • .... feeling hungry
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,398
    TonySJ wrote:
    Retirement.
    ar*e smacking.
    :shock:
  • Tashman
    Food mainly, oh and beer, and rum, then more food
  • Being idle.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Food.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Cake, beer, biscuits, beer, pizza, cheese, beer, cake, and most food types really with a good chunk of being lazy thrown into the mix. Age doesn't help, rapidly approaching 50 my lifestyle hasn't changed and I'm not as slim and trim as I used to be.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    Pastries. Of the sweet kind.
  • Wine.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • kingdav
    kingdav Posts: 417
    Work, it's all work's fault.

Good bits:-
    - ample secure bike parking
    - decent showers
    - towel service
    - free lunch mon-thur
    - free energy/cereal bars
    - each desk has it's own wardrobe

Bad bits:-
    - Fridge permanently stocked and routinely topped up with coke/fanta/lilt/7up/apple juice/oj/all sorts
    - free crisps, permanently stocked cupboard all the time.
    - free energy/cereal bars/biscuits

Basically there is an ever present temptation so I snack all day long. I'm not gaining weight because I put in 2 hours a day on the bike getting to and from the office, but the exercise makes me ravenous and not feel too guilty so I snack. Mostly are eating pepsi-max and popchips today

Poor me!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Somebody please fix the thread title...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Kingdav, where the hell do you work?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • kingdav
    kingdav Posts: 417
    Kingdav, where the hell do you work?
    I work for a US firm called FactSet
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    pride

... I am sure that look is great if you are a Pro cyclist, or really really have to get up the Gloucester rd in 5 minutes ... but I would rather have upper body mass and be able to change a car tyre, open jars etc etc etc and be able to flex my guns at the beach

As it goes I have neither ...
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    the fact I don't want to look like I have anorexia!! I don't get the want for that 'Pro' look. Awful.

Anyway on topic. Bread based carbs basically, potato based products as well. Plus other stuff..

I actually find I stay trimmer when I hit the gym 3-4 times a week doing weights/strength than if I cycle 150+ miles a week. I tend to just eat everything in sight after cycling. Just because I can. But really I cannot.
  • ...those pesky kids.
  • Tashman
    ...those pesky kids.
    :lol::lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    All those sodding chocolates, cakes and biscuits that people keep leaving out as freebies in the office. First it was birthdays, then it was whenever somebody had been abroad on holiday or business. Then someone started bringing stuff in because it was Friday...then it was when the local Tesco Express had chocolate on offer (which is pretty much all the time :roll: You could pretty much avoid ever buying your own lunch in our office. (Rant over).

That and cider.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ...... having a job where I had to carry the equivalent of a hod full of bricks everywhere so have to go to the gym all the time.

that and being Italian so eating and drinking vino rosso are two of my top three pastimes.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • To answer the question..........alcohol. I know I've got probably 2000 calories a week right there. Full flavor beer and red wine.

To deflect the question..........those guys often even have "hunger strike" camps.......here's a quote from a book "a guy once told me he saw a world tour rider buy a bar of chocolate in the airport, smell it, then throw it in the trash".

It's not just "back to basics", it's a matter of putting race fuel in the Ferrari instead of piss. All day, every day.
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    To answer the question..........alcohol. I know I've got probably 2000 calories a week right there. Full flavor beer and red wine. .

Alcohol is converted to acetate by the liver. Alcohol/acetate alone cannot cause fat gain by itself. It’s all the junk people eat in conjunction with alcohol intake that causes fat gain.

True alcoholics, who drink endlessly but don't tend to eat much, are usually very skinny.
  • I was told this /\ once, alcohol makes for very poor food choices. How many times after a couple of glasses of red do you reach for some nibbles at 11pm?

Me? Lots of times :(
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited January 2018
    joe2008 wrote:
    To answer the question..........alcohol. I know I've got probably 2000 calories a week right there. Full flavor beer and red wine. .

Alcohol is converted to acetate by the liver. Alcohol/acetate alone cannot cause fat gain by itself. It’s all the junk people eat in conjunction with alcohol intake that causes fat gain.

True alcoholics, who drink endlessly but don't tend to eat much, are usually very skinny.

Joe is correct re proper, hard core alcoholics - utterly skin and bone. Part of this is because they don't eat due to beibg drunk, can't afford to eat because they spent their money on booze and spirits having no calories. It's a nightmare trying to stick a needle in them as everything's collapses.

Beer drinkers tend to be fat cause it's full of calories.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.