Comfortable flat pedals

rumbataz
rumbataz Posts: 796
edited January 2018 in Commuting general
Any recommendations on _very_ comfortable flat pedals that work well with regular gym trainers / plimsoll type shoes (e.g. Vans)?

I've got a couple of pairs of Wellgo pedals already but those are designed more for grip and performance rather than comfort, so I'm on the lookout for pedals that focus more on comfort and don't dig into the soles of your feet if you wear shows that have softer and thinner soles. I'm not bothered about the weight of them.

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I have always found BMX pedals to be the best for that sort of thing ..... they are massive and flat to allow you to find them when jumping about the bike ... work well with all the thin flat soled shoes the liked of Vans / DC etc etc

always been happy with what comes on the bike though, so currently running a pair of GTs
  • Shimano MX80?
  • fat daddy wrote:
    I have always found BMX pedals to be the best for that sort of thing ..... they are massive and flat to allow you to find them when jumping about the bike ... work well with all the thin flat soled shoes the liked of Vans / DC etc etc

always been happy with what comes on the bike though, so currently running a pair of GTs

BMX pedals definitely have the most grip. Word of caution though - if wearing quite thin soles you can pierce the soles of the shoe quite easily.

Recently upgraded to Shimano SPDs - double sided so one side is clip in, the other is standard flat. Brilliant for both the commute and casually popping down the shops :)
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I've never measured them in terms of comfort but I've used saints three times and Nanos - reason because they are big. I've used others but did not like them. I also wear trainers and like the fact that the pins on these pedals dig in to the soles.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: