sunday pondering what reality of quantum fields implies

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

another easy ride i think, see if there're any lumps left to cough up

mrs s due back later, probably grumpy after long flight, haven't mentioned the wine yet, saving it for emergency

need to book another holiday for after the next holiday
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Windy. Really really windy.

This is a nuisance as I'd planned to do the final tidy up of the garden, mow the lawns and clean off the roof. No point in this gale, and now have even more stuff to clean up.

Packed stuff.

Cleaned a bathroom, so that's one more job off the list. Yahoo.

Now having whisky. May have a second one...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a better morning here less wind and dry roads, dog walked, just contemplating where to go for a ride today, out for lunch later and will more than likely have a couple of pints after all it is Sunday.
    Have a nice day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just finishing coffee before going out for a ride a ride on (shock! Horror!) N1 bike.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Jesus - last night turned excessive. Friends a cancelled due to a poorly child, so friends b & c were met in the local and came round. Wine fridge and beer fridge were emptied

Going for a ride with a pal soon - hilly route planned

Later is eldest football and then I assume local
  • Just woke up, hour of cricket to watch then out for ride.

Looks cold. Checking flight availability to somewhere warmer
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    Urgh. Tired due to staying up late-ish and then some barsteward car alarm going off at 6am. After yesterday's impromptu trip to the footy, the jobs have piled up and Strifey wants restitution for me enjoying myself :roll:

Enjoying a bit of peace with Muttley until they are back.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Done a few chores.

More stuff to do. Swimming with Toots and mum later.

What an exciting life I lead.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Just committed to my first organised sportive in early summer, 102 miles 'epic' version. Target acquired. Training plan to follow. Been a loooong time since I hit the 160/100 mark...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    orraloon wrote:
    Just committed to my first organised sportive in early summer, 102 miles 'epic' version. Target acquired. Training plan to follow. Been a loooong time since I hit the 160/100 mark...
    Weird, I've just done the same. Except I'm dragging my brother, a mate and his brother round the "standard" version of one in Sussex as they all whined about the "long" version, let alone the "epic". I would think that I'll do most of the miles on the front, and will be waiting/crystal cranking at the top of the hills. Still, should be good.
    Just done an hour and a half on the common with the dog. Putting my feet up for 20 mins now.
  • hopkinb
    Chucked a half shoulder of pork into the oven to slow roast. Sweet potato mash & new purple sprouting broccoli to go with. Looking forward to that later.
    Stopping drinking has dropped my resting heart rate from low to mid 60s to mid 50s. Minimum of 40 overnight.
    Mrs and mini sound like they are making cake. :D
  • Stevo_666
    Home made lamb burgers for :)

Had to rearrange the June holiday as Stropteen realised that she had to be back home during the week for a 6th form induction day at the school she is probably moving to: we can't move the week so she's now flying back early. Strifey has to go back as well so I have to manage for 3 nights in Cyprus on my own, doing what I want. What a disaster :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Had to rearrange the June holiday as Stropteen realised that she had to be back home during the week for a 6th form induction day at the school she is probably moving to: we can't move the week so she's now flying back early. Strifey has to go back as well so I have to manage for 3 nights in Cyprus on my own, doing what I want. What a disaster :D

Sweeeeet result. Pukka mint, see.

Wine, riding, swimming, food, ho and coke.

3 days sorted.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Chucked a half shoulder of pork into the oven to slow roast. Sweet potato mash & new purple sprouting broccoli to go with. Looking forward to that later.
    Stopping drinking has dropped my resting heart rate from low to mid 60s to mid 50s. Minimum of 40 overnight.
    Mrs and mini sound like they are making cake. :D

Pizza and wine at Edwyn's Pzzeria/electrical shop later. Well looking forward to it.

Considered stopping drinking but decided it was a bloody stupid idea.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

3 days sorted.
    Yep, quite pleased with myself.

What sort of riding did you mean? :)
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Excellent Stevo! On both counts, lamb burgers and a 3 day holiday on your own. Utter bliss.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

3 days sorted.
    Yep, quite pleased with myself.

What sort of riding did you mean? :)

Depends on the weather, inclination at the time and how much left in the piggy bank.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    ...and how much left in the piggy bank.

Is Edwyn diversifying?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

That’s ma boy!

Bom ano novo btw.

Anyone dead? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    team47b wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

That’s ma boy!

Bom ano novo btw.

Please explain your absence... in detail!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

That’s ma boy!

Bom ano novo btw.

Please explain your absence... in detail!

If it's the mental 'absence' that you are talking about, you're wasting your time.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Excellent Stevo! On both counts, lamb burgers and a 3 day holiday on your own. Utter bliss.
    Now googling for fun stuff to do in Protaras :)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    team47b wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

That’s ma boy!

Bom ano novo btw.

was wondering where you were earlier today, you have been missed, bubblecar rally? fell off stairs? surfeit of port?

how are the tabbies?

this calls for a holiday before the holiday!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Still iving in a plague house. Think I'm coming out the other side gradually, still coughing and sinuses painful but better than I was. Actually ventured out to a shop to buy some food. The bloody oven packed up and the food shop is being delivered tomorrow so had to pop out for some supplies. Never buy a Smeg cooker, fancy looking overpriced piece of smeg. That's the third thing to break on it. Thankfully the hob still works.
    So Can you Google holiday hookers nowadays Stevo? Where the bloody hell has T47 been? I'm still alive, but only just. What have you entered H³? I need to ride my bike. I went to see if it was still in the garage earlier, chain had changed colour in the 11 days since I last saw it, thought I'd better apply some lube in case I feel well enough to ride the thing.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

There used to be a crappy mini golf and an arcade punching machine.
  • seanoconn
    There's also the Only fools and horses bar :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn wrote:
    There's also the Only fools and horses bar :D

Stevo isn't a horse........
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I was in Larnaca for work a while back. Hired a bike* from the hotel for 10 Euro and rode over the border for an afternoon for a nosey then came back.
    I couldn't buy anything because nowhere in the single village I rode through accepted Euros or credit card.
    Border guards were pretty confused and they didn't give me a stamp in my passport either.

The border's a bit of a way from Protaras though.

* Cruiser with a basket and coaster brake
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    So Can you Google holiday hookers nowadays Stevo? What have you entered H³?

That was certainly the first thing I googled. It seems there are plenty in Cyprus.

https://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/event ... ran-fondo/

This one V68. It was my mate's choice, his parents live down that way.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    team47b wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

That’s ma boy!

Bom ano novo btw.

Who the fark are you??

WB BTW. TORDWY, although clearly that was an exaggeration.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I was in Larnaca for work a while back. Hired a bike* from the hotel for 10 Euro and rode over the border for an afternoon for a nosey then came back.

Is it downhill?