saturday we need to burn the planet back to the magma, it's the only way to kill the infection

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

the worrying bubbling sensation in left lung has gone, cough seems on the way out

plan to try a gentle ride for a some fresh air and a coffee

mrs s has continuing crap weather in hanoi, and a chilly cruise in ha long bay, she is not amused

in spite of my near death situation i am still being sympathetic from afar, wisely resisted temptation to point out that at least she hasn't got a cough

wine bloke called yesterday to tout for business, got her a few extra bottles as a surprise for her return

cough
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    SG - glad your pulling through, still praying for a few ‘members’ on here

Yeah it’s saturday, good night last night in a couple of locals, dog is learning to chill in the pub which is great because he will be a pub dog.

Today is dropping the kids off at theatre club and having a walk round town with the current wife. Then some friends round for a walk and food at ours. If they leave at a reasonable time will support the local
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning ,dog walked, breakfast and tea, shopping all done, decorating completed, bike at the ready, fine mild morning although a strongish wind,
    Sungod, pleased to here you are nearly back to normal
    Have a good weekend
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    TLW1 wrote:
    Yeah it’s saturday, good night last night in a couple of locals, dog is learning to chill in the pub which is great because he will be a pub dog.

Does he have any choice?!

Bit dull here.

Must go do some measuring and try to figure out how i'm going to get an 'L'l or 'P; bath upstairs at PPP and chase plasterers up and the bloke who's going to quote me for a drive... It might all happen at once.

Maybe it's SG's spirit that's posting. Maybe Hanoi Hannah is actually in Skegness.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    TLW1 wrote:

Today is dropping the kids off at theatre club and having a walk round town with the current wife. Then some friends round for a walk and food at ours. If they leave at a reasonable time will support the local
    Just had an epiphany. Why don't you just cut the messing about when you're not in the pub and just buy a bloody pub! It's the perfect solution.

You're welcome :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    'ning 2

did a few laps around regent's park, lungs definitely not recovered yet, especially with the cold air, had a triple-shot coffee to revive me

based on the old adage, feed a cold, starve a fever, think i'll spend the rest of the day eating
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Just had an epiphany. Why don't you just cut the messing about when you're not in the pub and just buy a bloody pub! It's the perfect solution.

You're welcome :D

Because even with my support the landlord couldn't afford the wife's spending
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    TLW1 wrote:
    Tell me about it. My tax refund has just magically transformed itself into a kitchen 'refresh' and a new driveway :roll:

On the plus side a mate has just tested saying he's got a spare ticket for the Chelsea game this afternoon - just need to disentangle myself from this afternoons commitments...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Dog walked, she took an impromptu bath in a duckpond, so I had to hose her down.

Absence of hangover and general grogginess noted and enjoyed, downhill from here I suppose. Off to buy light bulbs and hot dogs with mini.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Yay, off to Stamford Bridge 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Just back from dinner with 2 lots of neighbours as a going away thing. Minor argument with one of them when he declared that because someone is American they're not entitled to an opinion about something here. Otherwise the usual bollox talked over some wine and decent food.

Three days left....
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    I have discovered that HaydenM's shouting at trees experiment hasn't prevented Larch lergy. Perhaps it even caused it. I'll have to have words with him.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Tell me about it. My tax refund has just magically transformed itself into a kitchen 'refresh' and a new driveway :roll:

On the plus side a mate has just tested saying he's got a spare ticket for the Chelsea game this afternoon - just need to disentangle myself from this afternoons commitments...

Feel your pain - we have finally stopped spending on the house, for the time being
  • tlw1
    Bike ride to the pub was 2.6 mph faster than the ride back - how odd
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Been in hiding all day as we are all plague ridden. Went to the bash at the boy’s school last night and didn’t touch a drop. Nice to catch up with some of his mates and hear what they are up to. His group of friends all did really well and pretty much swept the board with the awards. Had a chat with Ed Davey the MP there, seemed like a nice enough bloke.
  • We’ve barrowed about ten tonnes of dirt today. I’m goosed!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Evening,

Woke up late.
    Bike ride in the cold and murkiness.
    Back in time to get a haircut, might make me ride faster.
    Fry up
    Now I can change the colour of an LED using my phone over the WiFi.

Unusually productive.