friday piloting spooky in a pylon turn over westminster, parliament has been adjourned

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cof, cof, cof cof cof, cof, gasp

cafe, cof, wfh, cof, cof

will no one rid me of this turbulent cough, etc., even raw chillis bring only temporary relief
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Hound dragged around the woods and now off into the fog and traffic for a while

Later if I get back in time is take the eldest to football followed by the local
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dog already walked, breakfast and tea consumed, another cuppa whilst I browse the internet, then more decorating
    Thick fog here at the moment, hope it lifts so I can get out for an hour or so
  • sungod
    drizzly here, off to cafe to try extreme caffeine therapy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Man flu still lingering belligerently, seems a particularly nasty strain. Mind you the old man is off for chemo today so I really shouldn't grumble.
    Very glad it's Friday although I suspect my weekend will consist of doing very little. Supposed to be out tonight to some awards thing at the lad's old school. Just need to get through the day without going postal, tempting though it may seem. Might just slaughter a couple of people for sh!t and giggles.
    Roll on the weekend...
    sungod wrote:
    will no one rid me of this turbulent cough, etc.,
    If it's anything like mine it's been over a week now. I'm more than a little fed up with it now. Haven't had a drink or pedal in over a week.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Fighting with IT passwords - I have no idea why one day they work perfect the next they just reject you.

Why do telephones and IT never work properly?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Drizzly out. Coughing, but not feeling bad. Bike needs a clean. I need to find and charge my beard trimmer.

Mrs H3 off out tomorrow, so going to do something with mini, though not sure what.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Grey and cold out, makes a change from yesterday's snow capped mountains above a cloud inversion as an office! OH's blood test is back, appointment urgently moved forward and they have sent her home from work as she's really worried. Depending on what state she is in after the appointment I might take the afternoon off, won't be anything we can't manage so we can get drunk

I'm currently being bollocked for a £200 excess data bill at work, hooray for shite contracts
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Foggy morning. Burger for lunch I think today. Pub for dinner.
    New pup has been born so the Date is now excited to be a dog owner in 8 weeks, see how excited she is at 6am when it is pissing down.

May have a run at Degla tomorrow morning, may just sleep instead.

MF because you work for the government.

And FOA Wheelspinner. Concept 2 gets my vote. solid and easy to break down if needed. I refuse to post on commuter chat
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • haydenm
    Oh good, appointment cancelled as the results haven't actually come back yet, cue OH calling me in tears. Probably standard process but she doesn't quite see it like that :roll:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    HaydenM wrote:
    Oh good, appointment cancelled as the results haven't actually come back yet, cue OH calling me in tears. Probably standard process but she doesn't quite see it like that :roll:

Keep calm.

Try a pot brush and some bleach on your throat SG. If that doesn't work, rub Beetroot all over.

Meh. Just spent £5k on a new kitchen for PPP but it will be fitted for me and I did get it in a 50% off everything sale and it will have solid Walnut worktops. One less thing for me to do.

Must go to a clinic appt. to 'discuss my long term condition' :roll: I'm worried if I piddle in the urine sample bottle, it will just dissolve.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Every day that passes on here reminds me how glad I am that I had the freebie flu jab at work :)

Strifey is already trying to spend the tax refund on a combination of kitchen and driveway :roll: although tbh she was wanting to do them anyway. Roll on the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Every day that passes on here reminds me how glad I am that I had the freebie flu jab at work :)
    I get one on the NHS, hasn't stopped whatever this is. :(
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I guess the private ones are better :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'noon
    Flâneur wrote:
    I did that once, got totally lost trying to follow the waymarked route and when I got back on it directed me through a swamp even though there was a nice fire road parallel to it, about 5 m away :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    Just had a phone call from TDV saying that we've bought a new flat.

I honestly don't know whether I can be bothered to go and have a look at it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Keep calm.

Yarp, it's probably just some iron deficiency or something but she's not very happy. Better have a short day and go for a beer...
  • hopkinb

MoD paying you too much? Or is TDV a hedge fund manager? :D

Where is it?
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

only if it's flu and the right strain, sod all use for the fuggid code virub
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Indeed, I don't think this is flu. Interesting piece on Today as I was driving* in this morning about the flu jab.
    The flu virus is pretty much constantly mutating and goes around the world mutating as it does so. So our flu jabs are based on what was in the southern hemisphere in the months previous. The virus then makes it's way back north and they hope they have got the jab about right. It's only effective in about 75% of cases because of the way the virus mutates. The vaccine is grown in hens eggs, 3 doses of vaccine can be made in each egg. They need a lot of eggs. :shock:

* Still driving because of this poxy bug.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The vaccine is grown in hens eggs, 3 doses of vaccine can be made in each egg. They need a lot of eggs. :shock:
    Can't you just eat the egg instead of getting the jab?

I guess that doesn't work if you cook the egg.
  • Matthewfalle
    Oooh. Chainset has turned up.

105 for the utterly foul weather bike, £30 from Merlin. I can't buy a chainring for that.

Ok, it's silver not black that would be preferential, but I'll sling a mate a tenner to powder coat it.

Overall though, as its Shimano and 105, I'm relatively unimpressed. Would be utterly gutted if I had paid full or nigh on full retail for it and was thinking that 105 was special.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:
    Foggy morning. Burger for lunch I think today. Pub for dinner.
    New pup has been born so the Date is now excited to be a dog owner in 8 weeks, see how excited she is at 6am when it is pissing down.

MF because you work for the government.

And FOA Wheelspinner. Concept 2 gets my vote. solid and easy to break down if needed. I refuse to post on commuter chat

You are correct. Nothing ever ever works around here.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

MoD paying you too much? Or is TDV a hedge fund manager? :D

Where is it?

Neither: unfortunately and no, she works for a living :)

1 bedroom place we're just going to rent out - get a management company in, don't intend to ever go there if I can help it. It's daaaaaaarn saaaaarth, outside the borders, so a bit scared for a small country valley boy like me.

Better investment than banks/premium bonds, too busy to start investigating other stuff, old fashioned bricks and mortar investors are us, see.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    'noon
    Flâneur wrote:
    I did that once, got totally lost trying to follow the waymarked route and when I got back on it directed me through a swamp even though there was a nice fire road parallel to it, about 5 m away :roll:

That's my experience too - got told by the car park guy it started at the top of the upper car park
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Indeed, I don't think this is flu. Interesting piece on Today as I was driving* in this morning about the flu jab.
    The flu virus is pretty much constantly mutating and goes around the world mutating as it does so. So our flu jabs are based on what was in the southern hemisphere in the months previous. The virus then makes it's way back north and they hope they have got the jab about right. It's only effective in about 75% of cases because of the way the virus mutates. The vaccine is grown in hens eggs, 3 doses of vaccine can be made in each egg. They need a lot of eggs. :shock:

* Still driving because of this poxy bug.

According to Newsnight, the current flu jab is not very effective against the current Aussie strain.
  • hopkinb
    Enthusiastically slurping down fiery ginger cordial mixed with sparkling water. :roll:

Bought some very reduced but still pricey Rapha bib shorts in the sale to see whether they are as good as the Assos ones I bought last year. Looking for bargainous summer jerseys, though not Rapha ones.
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I must be well 'ard then as I haven't had any of this lergy.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Probably just down to your stygian lifestyle.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Probably just down to your stygian lifestyle.

Agreed.
  • pinno
    I haven't had any lergy either or been championing the green snot production league. No idea why. It's a first for I don't know how many winters and given my dodgy immune system...

Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything but i'm eating fruit like there's no tomorrow and those little Yoghurt drinks.