thursday it's only thursday? i thought it'd be at least march by now, perhaps even april

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,472
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I understand the satisfaction of a rebate but is it not tinged with frustration that the bastards had taken too much money off you and held on to it for a year?
    If it was just a sh1t tax code it wouldn't have been half as satisfying as making tax efficient investments :) Unfortunately you can only claim those back in your tax return.

That said, must remember to mention it in Cake Stop - it always cheers them up hearing of someone's personal good fortune.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I understand the satisfaction of a rebate but is it not tinged with frustration that the bastards had taken too much money off you and held on to it for a year?
    If it was just a sh1t tax code it wouldn't have been half as satisfying as making tax efficient investments :) Unfortunately you can only claim those back in your tax return.

That said, must remember to mention it in Cake Stop - it always cheers them up hearing of someone's personal good fortune.

They do always seem to look for the cloud to go with the silver lining don't they?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    He's gotta slam that stem.
    Maybe I should just buy one of those weird curly handlebarred bikes. Got my annual tax refund today so I fancy treating myself :)

Why don't you buy yourself a personality? :D

Couldn't resist.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

They do always seem to look for the cloud to go with the silver lining don't they?
    Last time I mentioned the decent pay rise I got despite Brexit, one person in particular got very uppity and was implying that I must earn Jack sh1t because I mentioned it, then started asking me how much I earned :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Maybe I should just buy one of those weird curly handlebarred bikes. Got my annual tax refund today so I fancy treating myself :)

Don't be stupid, that's a positive disadvantage in my profession. Just ask Hoppy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Don't be stupid, that's a positive disadvantage in my profession. Just ask Hoppy.

:D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!