thursday it's only thursday? i thought it'd be at least march by now, perhaps even april

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,516
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

yesterday i coughed a lot

today i shall mostly be coughing

cough, cough, cough cough cough, cough
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Fine day here. Sat in airport on way back to finish the packing up and leaving thing. Airport packed with holidaymakers. I may need a drink or two.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine here and milder , lt looks like I will be decorating Over the next few days
    Will be taking Tigger out soon, have a good day
    Sungod, hope the cough gets better
  • Wow, there are two 6 o'clocks in one day
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning

Nice here (cold by dry) but couldn't be bothered going on the bike today, maybe tonight (probably not).
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    After yesterday's failed commute intervals I managed to do some in the pain cave later on. Was going to repeat today but realised it's the delayed Christmas play for the youngest - such fun
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    1deg and fog another dreary cold day .. .bring back the clear and ice and crisp

Other than that the new TP link plug works so much better than the flaky WeMo I was fighting with before !
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,410
    Dentist (again) then work. Just dealing with stuff from people in time zones well ahead of ours, although I may delay sending the reply so they can't get back to me 'till Friday.

Good luck with the rest of the move WS.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    It's Thursday and I feel rough, the only problem is I didn't go to the pub last night because I still feel rough as a badgers aris. Just got interrupted by another pesky customer, I suppose I should be nice to him as he spends lots of money and he has my frame waiting to send over. It would be so much easier if he checked things for himself rather than phoning me to check everything.
    Coughing is still a regular feature of my day, just not as regular as it was earlier in the week. I definitely sympathise with SG. Hope I feel better tomorrow as we are supposed to be going to an awards thing at the lad's old school, probably drinks afterwards.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bored - meetings/year end/position papers/control frameworks/hybrid mismatches.
    Still bright eyed and bushy tailed - probably annoyingly so.
    Eating ALL the chocolate.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    hybrid mismatches.
    Is that like when Stevo bought the wrong size bike for his communt?
    V%C3%A4ikeRatas-254x300.jpg
  • Wheelspinner
    Made it home. Stopped for Thai food on the way, which was quite good. Only issue was the place smelled like someone had ordered a special of stir-fried sweat socks with barbecued knicks pad. Yuk.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    SG's cough can't be that bad - hasn't affected his typing.

If it was something like this however, kshkgj cgjjg sjvhvsadkjlkjdgs kjkerw, then I would be worried.

Sun's out. Looking at newly found PET data sheets for the older new banger. Then I can snooker that Welsh bloke that the Beer quality control bloke got me in touch with.

Onwards and upwards to Wickes in Dumfries on Saturday and Magnet in Ayr on chewsday trying to take advantage of the January sales vis'a'vis PPP.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Feeling drained today.

Been shopping for 4 x 3m 150mm dia pipes, a manhole, several collars, bends, joints and tees all for hiding in a trench this weekend.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Excellent day - nice ride with bambino to his school, lovely communt in on critics bike and not p.o.s. Madone which can now fester in the back of the garage for all I care.

Top day at work so far, will do quick 20 on the way home, chill, weights sesh, hang wiv da bambini.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    As an aside, cloud cuckoo land of the day:

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... iew-51469/

£300 for a cassette is now "affordable"

Seriously what the actual phuckkk? Who spends £300 on a cassette?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    That would definitely make eeking those extra miles out of a chain a false economy. :shock:
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dentist (again) then work. Just dealing with stuff from people in time zones well ahead of ours, although I may delay sending the reply so they can't get back to me 'till Friday.

Thank you Stevo. Looking forward to it now. Stopped by new place this morning for a reminder. Still can't quite believe we've bought it. :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Thank you Stevo. Looking forward to it now. Stopped by new place this morning for a reminder. Still can't quite believe we've bought it. :D
    Sounds rather idyllic - as long as you're not an oasis in the middle of 'banjo country' then I'm sure all will be fine :)

More pics when you're settled please!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hybrid mismatches.
    Cheeky sod. Less of that or I'll torture you by discussing hybrid mismatches of the tax variety with Hoppy on the forum :twisted:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hybrid mismatches.
    Cheeky sod. Less of that or I'll torture you by discussing hybrid mismatches of the tax variety with Hoppy on the forum :twisted:

Maybe that's why your shoulder is still giving you gyp though Stevo? You've not quite got your position dialled in. :lol:
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That would definitely make eeking those extra miles out of a chain a false economy. :shock:

3/5 as well.

For those money I would want it to be made of pure unobtanium and ride the bloody bike by itself....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Good news / bad news for our eldest son at the weekend.

bad news: looked like he'd broken his ankle playing football Friday evening. It was his birthday too!
    First thing Saturday I took him and his GF to A&E, told them to expect a wait and drove home.
    good news: he was x-rayed within 5 minutes and out again in under an hour. Not broken but a bad ligament tear. Off his tits on codeine and failing to control a pair of crutches. In hindsight I should have insisted he buy a lottery ticket.
    bad news: he'd been planning to go shopping for a new X-box with his birthday dosh - which would have been handy for somebody unable to walk for several days
    good news: Currys had a better and cheaper bundle than the one he'd been after, and next day delivery to his door.
    Happy, hoppy bunny!
    bad news: he seems to have picked up a nasty sounding chest infection, almost certainly from A&E since the only other place he's been is on the sofa with his leg in the air...

His ankle has gone some interesting shades of yellow, green and blue now, which coordinate well with the crap he's coughing up...
  • pinno
    Thankfully, youth is a condition which cures itself.

How's that knee of yours doing Keef? You haven't mentioned it in a while.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hybrid mismatches.

Maybe that's why your shoulder is still giving you gyp though Stevo? You've not quite got your position dialled in. :lol:
    Looks alright to me - as long as I can pedal, what's the problem? :)
  • pinno
    He's gotta slam that stem.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    Pinno wrote:

^^^this

having coughed up several lungs so far, i'm in a foul mood

tried baiting fascists in the brexit thread, but it's poor sport eviscerating the witless and tbh i really can't be bothered what such inconsequential twunts think, what i really want is to track down whoever gave me this foul pestilence so that i can wreak misery and despair on their miserable selves, thrice

in mrs s's absence been listening to frankenstein audiobook, ye gods it's tedious, the creature is whinier than a whiney thing that's whiney, tf it's over, dracula is moving along much faster, plus it has hot vampire babes

time for port, i must numb the pain
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    Just fitted new(er) tub to rear wheel on N1 bike. Whoopee doo.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Just fitted new(er) tub to rear wheel on N1 bike. Whoopee doo.

You post that banal drivel after SG's supremely eloquent and highly metaphorical post?! :roll:

It's a good job he didn't use capital letters and punctuate it properly or else it may have been the post to end all posts.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Maybe I should just buy one of those weird curly handlebarred bikes. Got my annual tax refund today so I fancy treating myself :)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I understand the satisfaction of a rebate but is it not tinged with frustration that the bastards had taken too much money off you and held on to it for a year?