XG-1295 cassette durability, any experience ?

razorjack
razorjack Posts: 95
edited January 2018 in MTB general
Any thoughts on 12s X01 xg-1295 cassette durability ?
can it last similar time to XT cassette (almost 1.5 season) ?

worth mounting instead of GX Eagle ?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Depends on how far you ride in a season, the surface where you ride and your maintenance regime really......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • can you compare to Shimano SLX/XT 11s ? or Sram 11s ? (similar durability? or less)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I’ve always found Shimano cassettes to last longer than SRAM, but I’ve only experience of a direct comparison to 9 speed.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • How about E13 alu cassettes ? YT started putting them on all Jeffsy bikes !
    read somewhere that chain can start to skip after few months of using (especially in UK winter)
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    razorjack wrote:
    How about E13 alu cassettes ? YT started putting them on all Jeffsy bikes !
    read somewhere that chain can start to skip after few months of using (especially in UK winter)

That's if you leave it too long to change the chain and then a new chain will skip on gears that you've used the most as the old chain would have worn into that part of the cassette.

A friend of mine uses two chains and every month or so changes chain to the other to avoid cassette wear.
  • on full alu cassette like e13 TRS or Hope ?
  • or maybe Garbaruk cassette? looks like steel + alu, maybe it will last like XT ?
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    depends really on use and how well you keep the chain clean as the cassette gears will wear if you have grit etc on the chain and obviously will wear into the gears
  • that's why i'm looking for comparison, not just info 'you can do 7000km' - because it means nothing, other person will do 2000km on the same cassette
  • IME the new XD (11 and 12 speed) sram cassettes last waaay better than the 9/10 speed shimano stuff in the same conditions
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er