Just Wednesday, nothing special

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
All work and no play yesterday (hassled by a customer in Scotland for parts later on) and today feels it's going to be the same

Hound walked (woke him up to go) and now off for a hybrid commute

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dog walked already, breakfast and tea consumed , it looks like a trip to b and q to buy some paint, if there’s one job I hate it’s painting, but I am sure a bike ride will be fitted in sometime today
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

cough, office of gmc, cough, coffee, cough, do some admin, cough, coffee, see a bloke about some cloudy cloudy, cough, bail, cough, wfh, cough

cough
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Ahoy

Misty ride in to work, now a queue for the shower for the first time in about 9 months.

Not sure what the day has in store, apart from feeling absolute crp this evening after riding home.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Aloha!

Communt done (in car - boo!)

First weights session done (huzzah!)

Now onwards.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Still suffering with this poxy man flu, it's bad enough that I don't know if I can make it to the pub later. :shock: I haven't had a drink since last Wednesday. I strongly disapprove of dry January but this lurgy is forcing it on me. You have my sympathy SG. But I'm doing a lot better than my mate that's been readmitted to hospital, I'll get better at least.
    Probably be reasonably busy today so I'll have to keep my head below the parapet.
    TLW1 wrote:
    hassled by a customer in Scotland for parts later on
    Some people just can't be helped, you try to help and they just get stroppy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Dentist for me.

Meh,
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bright eyed and disgustingly bushy tailed here. Bit of a cough, but nothing too unpleasant. Finished watching Detectorists last night. Best TV programme I have watched in ages.
  • Hump Day
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb wrote:
    Bright eyed and disgustingly bushy tailed here. Bit of a cough, but nothing too unpleasant. Finished watching Detectorists last night. Best TV programme I have watched in ages.
    It's good isn't it. Nice scenery and nothing bad ever happens.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    It's good isn't it. Nice scenery and nothing bad ever happens.

Made me laugh a lot too. Superbly written, really subtle performances from the cast, and as you say, beautiful camera work. Happened to catch the opening episode of the 3rd & final series on iplayer, loved it, then hunted out series 1 & 2 on Netflix, then finished off series 3 on iplayer.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    TLW1 wrote:
    All work and no play yesterday (hassled by a customer in Scotland for parts later on) and today feels it's going to be the same

That's a broad job scope for a finance bod...although I see you've seen the light on hybrids :P

Rode in as well but taking the train back as no time to get changed and shower at the other end - will retrieve bike tomorrow. In the meantime lots of global things going on that I'm getting dragged into but also lining myself up for a shot at the global tax dodging role if anyone in the KOFFA ever pulls their finger out on this one. Later is working from home to review a long boring document with a subject matter that only Hoppy will truly appreciate the drudgery of doing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ... subject matter that only Hoppy will truly appreciate the drudgery of doing.
    The rest of us may not understand it but we can imagine the drudgery. Tax accountancy, zzz....
    See, works every time.

You going to SLF in March? I've just been asked to go to Denmark that weekend and I'd rather do SLF.
  • A very quick toe dip, so much so I’m on my way north again!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    A very quick toe dip, so much so I’m on my way north again!
    Did you bring your big coat? I haven't been outside since the sun came up but it looks like a nice day.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

That's a broad job scope for a finance bod...although I see you've seen the light on hybrids :P

The customer frequents this forum, so my involvement was limited to passing it onto some who should have been able to help

Hybrid - meant car for 30 miles and bike for 6 miles as I was short on time. The bike part was done on a mans bike - drop handle bars and no gears oh, and a puncture half way in :(
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    Hybrid - meant car for 30 miles and bike for 6 miles as I was short on time. The bike part was done on a mans bike - drop handle bars and no gears oh, and a puncture half way in :(
    Oh, that was you? :mrgreen:
  • thistle_
    Wuntu wouldn't give me a free pizza. That's today ruined.
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    The customer frequents this forum, so my involvement was limited to passing it onto some who should have been able to help
    Best way, get rid of him quick.
    TLW1 wrote:
    You mean you wouldn't stoop so low as to ride a hybrid?
  • pinno
    Wobbly wobble in the cold, the fog and the damp. Got back, had shower and now the sun has popped out. :roll:

Must find someone with long ladders who can put a flue down the chimney so that I can get on with the fireplace at PPP.

Laters.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Later is working from home to review a long boring document with a subject matter that only Hoppy will truly appreciate the drudgery of doing.

What's the subject Stevo?
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Later is working from home to review a long boring document with a subject matter that only Hoppy will truly appreciate the drudgery of doing.

Oh no, no no no no - you can farq right off with that stuff. PM each other if you have to.
    I mean, this thread is not exactly setting the world alight for it's wit and humour and you're going to start talking shop :roll:
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Oh no, no no no no - you can farq right off with that stuff. PM each other if you have to.
    I mean, this thread is not exactly setting the world alight for it's wit and humour and you're going to start talking shop :roll:
    Agreed, there was no need for that hopkin. Cleat Eastward would be rolling in his grave.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Well since you put like that...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Agreed, there was no need for that hopkin. Cleat Eastward would be rolling in his grave.

:lol:

I have no idea who is Cleat Eastward.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Review of our global transfer pricing master file - version 3. Made in Japan.

Once Pinno's head has exploded 'Scanners' stylee and Seano has stopped spanking the monkey for long enough to complain properly, I'll PM you :D
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    A very quick toe dip, so much so I’m on my way north again!
    Did you bring your big coat? I haven't been outside since the sun came up but it looks like a nice day.

No, I’ve spent about 45 minutes if that outdoors. The rest in high speed metal tubes.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Once Pinno's head has exploded 'Scanners' stylee and Seano has stopped spanking the monkey for long enough to complain properly, I'll PM you :D

:D

Seano w@nked himself inside out weeks ago.
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:D

Seano w@nked himself inside out weeks ago.
    You lot take all the romance out of w@nking :roll:
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    You lot take all the romance out of w@nking :roll:

:lol:

Stop using the forum as "inspiration" then! Get yourself a copy of Razzle, or Mayfair if you're posh.
  • veronese68
    TLW, just seen a picture with DL in it. If I can get a good quality scan I'll mail it to you.