Finding a position.

Bumo_b
Bumo_b Posts: 211
edited January 2018 in Amateur race
Bit of an odd one here. I’m a 5’9 inch guy with short stubby legs and a long body. Had a bike fit for my road position and all good for up to 8 hours ( two sluggish Letapes ). Here is the rub, I an getting into trying TT but can’t my position efficient without losing a lot of power. Having experimented with incremental changes to reach, saddle height and tri bars my best performance has the saddle set about 3cm lower than the stem / bars and I look just damn ungracious. Everyone else looks so aero! Am I being a paranoid muppet.

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Bumo_b wrote:
    Bit of an odd one here. I’m a 5’9 inch guy with short stubby legs and a long body. Had a bike fit for my road position and all good for up to 8 hours ( two sluggish Letapes ). Here is the rub, I an getting into trying TT but can’t my position efficient without losing a lot of power. Having experimented with incremental changes to reach, saddle height and tri bars my best performance has the saddle set about 3cm lower than the stem / bars and I look just damn ungracious. Everyone else looks so aero! Am I being a paranoid muppet.

Post a piccie of positions so we can comment. I think there is also a "comment on my position" thread on here.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Looking aero is meaningless, being aero is what's important. There is a balancing act in the powerless to CdA loss game, but without testing and validating it's fairly pointless trying to guess as there are too many other factors at play to chalk up a good or bad performance solely to positional change.

Keep in mind that the most aero folks put there have spent a lot to get there (time, money, or more likely both).
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg