tuesday beamforming microwave oven magnetrons, early tests have successfully vaporised [redacted]

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

yawn, cafe, dentist, cafe, wfh, may involve skiving

cough setting in, may be man flu, bleargh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Hound has already had a decent walk and now off to offices too far away

Later should be some exercise
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, better start to the day no frost or cold winds, Tigger has had his walk, I’m now being fed and coffeed ( if there’s is such a word) bike ride later.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Walk Hound and if not blimmin freezing again go for a ride.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Coughing, probably cheese and alcohol withdrawal rather than manflu. Espresso and the ride to work should sort it. At least then I can cough on my colleagues.
    Rode to Croydon last night to collect car from MOT. There's a lot of traffic in Croydon.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    On the train this morning, got a meeting with the boss then its time to sign off our quarterly numbers.

And its out for a beer or two tonight once its all done and dusted.

We must have an unusual dog as he'd never want to go for walk early in the morning. After I took him for a p1ss in the garden he nicked upstairs and went to sleep on the bed. Lazy bloody hound :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning,

Cycled part way to work. Traffic terrible again despite leaving earlier.
    Above freezing? Toastie warm I thought, until I went outside. I'd warmed up after 20 mins pedalling (total ride was 25 minutes).

It's only me in the office yet, no idea where everyone else is. Maybe the monsters got them.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    ah, the black road gloop is back ... every year about this time, when the mist comes in and everything get wet, but there is no rain to wash the roads, a black slimy grease film builds up in the city and the bike get covered in it.

Its the one time of the year I make sure not to choose the disk brake bikes as the instant contamination of black sludge turns the brakes in to honking geese until you buy new pads :|
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    fat daddy wrote:
    Its the one time of the year I make sure not to choose the disk brake bikes as the instant contamination of black sludge turns the brakes in to honking geese until you buy new pads :|
    Or as I found out this morning, makes it seem like someone greased the roads.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Still plague ridden, but trying to carry on as normal. Well, as normal as I ever am. Drove in again as still absolutely no energy. Have already had phone calls from idiots, this is not good. The problem is if we vetted our customers to weed out the idiots we'd be out of business in no time at all.
    Looks like Stevo has the only sensible dog of the BB doggers. My bike isn't covered in black sludge as I haven't ridden it in a week.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    After 2 days and 1000 km on motorbike, at currently on the ferry to Tas. Dinner done, drinks in.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Looks like Stevo has the only sensible dog of the BB doggers.

Mine has got too lazy to even go in the garden and p!sses on a manky old bathmat if caught short in the middle of the night. Making her go out for a p!ss before bed is a right palaver - she just looks at me.
  • hopkinb
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning from GMC coffee pot. Gentle bumble into.work again, slightly damp. Still feeling deeply unmotivated. Oh well.

I thought you stormed off in a huff oxo? Are you having to work your notice?
  • Morning class, I thought an alcohol free night was meant to leave you fresh as a daisy the following morning. I feel like a daisy that's been trodden on, repeatedly then had its petals ripped off by a four year old child.

Oh well, one sleep closer to skiing!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    On the train this morning, got a meeting with the boss then its time to sign off our quarterly numbers.

We must have an unusual dog as he'd never want to go for walk early in the morning. After I took him for a p1ss in the garden he nicked upstairs and went to sleep on the bed. Lazy bloody hound :)

He's suffering from depression, so that's down to you.

Foggy, chilly, slightly breezy.

All coffeed and doughnutted up me. Didn't bump into beamforming microwave oven magnetron's in Morrison's this morning.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I'd like to get another dog
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morningish, the flood of office plebs was strong this morning, I wasn't physically in the building and was being asked why someone could download a webex file when they have neither the rights to download nor actually have webex installed.
    Roll on the 2nd is all I can say!

Coffee slurped, Jaffa cakes consumed. now to fashion some kind of weapon to fend off future pleb invasions.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

He's suffering from depression, so that's down to you.
    Close - he spends most of the day with Strifey, so it's understandable.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Looks like Stevo has the only sensible dog of the BB doggers.

Mine has got too lazy to even go in the garden and p!sses on a manky old bathmat if caught short in the middle of the night. Making her go out for a p!ss before bed is a right palaver - she just looks at me.
    Now there's an idea - just need to substitute 'wife' for 'bathmat' :)
  • Matthewfalle
    I'd like to get another dog

No you wouldn't. They are a pain in that arrrse. Like children apart from the fact that you can't lock them in the coal cellar when they get too noisy/annoying.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb

No you wouldn't. They are a pain in that arrrse. Like children apart from the fact that a dog is always pleased to see you, and doesn't spend its waking life making pointless noises and an unholy mess and then trying to relieve you of your cash to spend on trainers/tracksuits/other low rent bollox, so on balance, better than children

FTFY
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    It's true. I mean. lock your wife and the dog in the shed for a few days. When you let them out, the dog will be pleased to see you.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

No you wouldn't. They are a pain in that arrrse. Like children apart from the fact that a dog is always pleased to see you, and doesn't spend its waking life making pointless noises and an unholy mess and then trying to relieve you of your cash to spend on trainers/tracksuits/other low rent bollox, so on balance, better than children. And when it gets senile/loses control of its bowels/eats your brand new Sambas, the Emperor of trainers, you can take it work and shoot it in the face with your Glock.

I said Glock, with a “G”

FTFY

FTFY

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    It's true. I mean. lock your wife and the dog in the shed for a few days. When you let them out, the dog will be pleased to see you.

Probably talk more sense as well.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I don't think I would have a dog if I couldn't take him to work or walk him in the woods behind the house without a lead. He switches between zooming mode and lethargy in an instant, thankfully mostly at appropriate times. The trick is to buy a nice dog and not a pain in the arse dog, not that you know that at the time...

Site visits this morning, office this afternoon. The OH has started panicking about her marathon in May so she wants me to go running with her tonight. My New Year's resolution is that I can only drink alcohol if I have done some form of exercise that day, so daily marathon training below my normal pace might actually have it's good sides.
  • Is it sunny down south? I'll be dipping my toe tomorrow and don't want to wear my big coat.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    been pretty murky so far this week, rain tonight, supposed be a bit brighter tomorrow

it's not especially cold, not comfy in the breeze though
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Is it sunny down south? I'll be dipping my toe tomorrow and don't want to wear my big coat.
    Quite gloomy. T-shirt weather for Geordies, I'm wearing my coat.
  • Matthewfalle
    Is it sunny down south? I'll be dipping my toe tomorrow and don't want to wear my big coat.

Dry but cloudy and cold here at the mo’.

Threatening but not delivering - but like the Brexit twaaaats and the £350 million a week to the NHS.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Dry is good. I'll wield my laser and then find a bar to hole up in for a few hours.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I spent the morning dog sitting while wifey went to work. Poor old girl (dog, not wife) is nearly 14 and on Sunday went down with a second bout of vestibular disorder. Couldn't stand, eat or drink, eyes all over the shop. Very frightened and confused. First time it happened it looked so scary we assumed the worst and rushed her to the vet. They kept her in for 5 days and she came out even worse. So this time we're nursing her at home. Which has involved a lot of hand feeding, and quite a bit of piddling on the kitchen floor, but she's making good progress already. I was so happy at lunchtime when I took her out into the garden and she managed a pee and a poop, both without falling over.