monday on the run with several crates of sm-3s and a targetting system

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office of gmc, coffee, do annoying admin stuff, bail early and do some cloudy resilient comms testing for punter of gmc
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good Morning, —5 this morning, I’ve just had Tigger out for his morning walk and it’s very slippery, be careful if you are commuting on your bikes, my ride is already planned for 12:00 hrs, Mr Ld wants me to decorate the spare bedroom , what excuses can I use this time, help required
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Should have been commuting on the bike- but not worth the risk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

-4 on the car this morning. Couldn't be bothered going to work on my bike, probably a good thing as the road near the office had flooded then frozen solid. Car was frosted up on the inside, so I was late and there was a huge traffic jam. Should've cycled.

Trying again to download some stuff from OneDrive. It failed after 20 minutes and 850Mb on Friday, it's up to 740Mb so far.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Still suffering with manflu but bored of sitting around the house so came in to work. Not sure why I bothered so I'm already thinking of bailing early. Drove in as breathing is challenging enough already. Boss should be buying the cakes as it's his birthday but is already making excuses. I may have grassed him up to the overlords so they can apply pressure. Bring on the cakes.
    Not too cold down here, think it was about 3 or 4 degrees at 7am. Would have been a nice day to ride in had it been light.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Chilled out drive in with Bambina, morning weights sesh, computer based training beckons. Turbo this evening is the closest I'll get to a bike.

Tomorrow off so hopefully weather won't be too bad for riding.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    was late leaving the house this morning .... ita amazing what 15 mins extra on the clock does to the traffic ... poor suckers stuck in traffic as I take shortcuts over the grassland
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nor' easterly whipping into the face this morning. Someone in one of those burnt-orange Rapha jackets hanging around my wheel. I rode through a small flock of pigeons, made a bit of a fuss because one flew into my face like a bl00dy idiot. Orange jacket pulls up next to me to commiserate - it's a woman, who just saw me waving my arms round and whimpering at a pigeon. Still, she was tiny, so I didn't begrudge her the tow.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    I rode through a small flock of pigeons, made a bit of a fuss because one flew into my face like a bl00dy idiot. Orange jacket pulls up next to me to commiserate - it's a woman...
    Was she fit, any pictures?
    Bloke I knew told me about the time he was on the back of his brother's motorbike at speed when his brother started moving his head around. He was just wondering what was going on when his brother ducked and he got a pigeon full in the face at about 100mph. Almost knocked him off the back of the bike, his feet got caught under his brothers armpits and he was flailing wildly hanging off the back. The visor had broken, he was cut to ribbons and there were bits of dead pigeon all over the inside of his lid, even at the back.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    WFH as I am going in for an xray before lunch, had an asthma review before Christmas when it was bad (happens every winter or when I do DIY, nothing too serious but I take my inhaler lots for a few weeks). They all panicked and think I might be dying, no harm in getting it checked but it's been like this for the last 24 years...

Stunning day, really cold. Not sure if I will go to the office or back here after l'hopital, would be nice to go for a walk in the woods at lunch
  • oxoman wrote:
    Morning All. Currently struggling to get motivated at work.

Sounds like the best place to have no motivation
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    3 degrees and no ice this morning so I went for it - bit fresh but no problem.

Trying to finish off our quarterly reporting by tomorrow plus some other assorted bits of shizzle. On the bright side, our advisors owe me a slap up dinner somewhere posh/Michelin starred as we've just signed a new 3 year agreement with them. I also heard they had a box at Stamford Bridge so a spot of prawn sandwich brigade football watching might be a good alternative :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    Accidentally got into an internet argument about forestry and now I'm having a surprisingly interesting chat with a forester in the US. I mean, they are still raping and pillaging their natural forests but he's a nice guy...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, wasn't too bad here only about 1c light coating of frost nothing to worry over. Drove in as car was in for a service an new tyres, bank card isn't to pleased but needed doing.

Quiet in the office lots of work an no minions to assign work to.

Bit of ear ache which isn't fun bar that naff all going on today.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    day gone according to plan, coludy testing ok, could do some more admin or skive

ok, i'm skiving
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    Accidentally got into an internet argument about fo6restry and now I'm having a surprisingly interesting chat with a forester in the US. I mean, they are still raping and pillaging their natural forests but he's a nice guy...

so you're being groomed on the internet by a fat man in a small box room in Hull while he masturbates?

mate - stranger danger and all that.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Managed to upset sister in law yesterday re family shite. She took umbrage at something, reading far too much into it.

give_a_fuck.gif

Families eh?
  • Matthewfalle
    any pics of her norks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    any pics of her norks?

You must be psychic. It was me asking for pics of norkage that upset her. Can't think why.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    Accidentally got into an internet argument about fo6restry and now I'm having a surprisingly interesting chat with a forester in the US. I mean, they are still raping and pillaging their natural forests but he's a nice guy...

so you're being groomed on the internet by a fat man in a small box room in Hull while he masturbates?

mate - stranger danger and all that.

He started asking about brexit, he had a load of pictures of himself in US military uniform so I politely didn't reply...
  • veronese68
    You should’ve told him it’s our form of Trumpism but we got there first. I’m sure that would have got your point across with no chance of upsetting him.
  • Matthewfalle
    Ballysmate wrote:
    any pics of her norks?

You must be psychic. It was me asking for pics of norkage that upset her. Can't think why.

drama queen. she should count herself lucky that you asked.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Ballysmate wrote:
    any pics of her norks?

She should be honoured, tell her its a tradition an she should uphold it or fear dishonouring her elders.
  • veronese68
    All this fuss and still no norkage?
    Just watched In Bruges on Netflix, great film well worth a watch.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning

-4 on the car this morning. Couldn't be bothered going to work on my bike, probably a good thing as the road near the office had flooded then frozen solid. Car was frosted up on the inside, so I was late and there was a huge traffic jam. Should've cycled.

If it's been as wet as it has been here down in the sunny SW of Scotland, then you have been getting in and out of a car making the interior all damp. I put a convection heater on the back seat of my car for 3 hours on Saturday on a medium heat setting, window slightly open, cable through the gap, heater on a board and dried it all out. 2 kids and Mrs Pinno getting in with all their wet weather gear (on more than one occasion) dripping wet made the car like a swimming pool. Now the car is transformed; less ice, dry inside,cab heats up quicker and there was far less frost on the last two nights than before and less than other cars in the street.

(FWIW)

Didn't get much done today. Just the usual silly run around doing stuff that had stacked up as I have been at PPP working every day this year, including today. Had extra coffee and cake and doughnuts.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!