Random Question of the Day

pblakeney
pblakeney Posts: 25,738
edited January 2018 in The cake stop
Clothing fit.
Anyone know of a clothing line that does swimming sorts (and/or underwear) to fit a man and not Action Man? By that I mean not resembling a cheap hotel, all looks and no ballroom.
I can't be alone in this as I am not making any boasts. Anyone?
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.
Veronese68 wrote:
PB is the most sensible person on here.

Comments

• mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    I genuinely don't have this problem. I won't explain why - your imagination may work it out.

I assume you're looking for something cut well around the pubus?

Jacamo.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Harland and Woolfe may be a good option.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Depends on your preferred style and fabric. Assuming not boxers, then regular briefs or the "boxer brief" style?

I personally hate Y-fronts. And yes there are plenty of brands that are not especially, er, accommodating.

I find the plain Calvin Klein in cotton about the most comfortable. Not the stretchy expensive versions, they're rubbish
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pblakeney
    Depends on your preferred style and fabric. Assuming not boxers, then regular briefs or the "boxer brief" style?

I personally hate Y-fronts. And yes there are plenty of brands that are not especially, er, accommodating.

I find the plain Calvin Klein in cotton about the most comfortable. Not the stretchy expensive versions, they're rubbish
    Current favourites are Armani cotton boxer briefs at a reasonable cost from Costco but they no longer do them and shop prices are stupid expensive. My current pairs have a bit more time left and I used to wear Calvin's so a good shout.
    More pressing is swimming shorts as my current O'Neil's are a bit "obvious".

Jacamo appear to be an outlet, not a manufacturer.

PS- I am not really interested in "designer" names, only quality of design, fit, construction and material. Which usually takes you to designer names...
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Dunno about swimwear much because I just wear plain old Speedo. Bought some Paul Smith once. Glamorous, but clearly not intended to be used to actually swim.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Unless you want your balls swinging by your ankles by the time your 60 you will need some snug support I'm afraid. I look good in any kind of underwear so it doesn't really matter if they are designer or not. I find Marks and Spencer briefs to be supportive and comfortable, they're pretty stretchy so you could size up for some added comfort without spoiling the aesthetics or losing too much support.

Speedos are a no no unless you're a competitive swimmer. I like oiler and boiler swimming trunks, they're not budgie smugglers or massive flappy shorts and are reasonably priced at present
    http://www.oilerandboiler.co.uk/swimwea ... -blue.html
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pblakeney
    seanoconn wrote:
    Speedos are a no no unless you're a competitive swimmer. I like oiler and boiler swimming trunks, they're not budgie smugglers or massive flappy shorts and are reasonably priced at present
    http://www.oilerandboiler.co.uk/swimwea ... -blue.html
    I suppose it is tricky to get the right balance between comfort and support. These look promising and M&S noted.

Today's question.
    Why do people go shopping when they are supposed to be enjoying themselves?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Some people actually enjoy shopping, also force of habit or heard mentality maybe.

Like the zombies in Dawn of the Dead.
  • earth
    earth Posts: 934
    What are toe nails for?
  • pblakeney
    Moonbiker wrote:
    Some people actually enjoy shopping, also force of habit or heard mentality maybe.

Like the zombies in Dawn of the Dead.
    Lack of imagination I'd say. I know people who go "to town" every Saturday regardless.
    I could understand if they were going for "lunch", but they are not.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney
    earth wrote:
    What are toe nails for?
    Legacy. And scratching your partner in bed.
    Good question though. :wink:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I've always had M&S hipster briefs till recently, but they've changed the shape so they don't fit me any more and they disintegrate too quickly.

My comfiest pants at the moment are the 3 pairs for a tenner I bought in Tesco. I liked them so much I bought another 2 packs.

Our boys have had CK ones before and most of them have fallen to bits more quickly than the cheap ones...

Habitual shopping baffles me too. I only get 2 days a week off work, and I don't want to spend either of them shuffling like a zombie around a shopping centre. Why anyone wants to do that with a buggy, 2 toddlers and a dog in tow is completely beyond me. Lack of imagination? Fear of missing out?

I do as much purchasing as possible these days on line, but if I do decide to do some actual shopping it's like an SAS raid. Meticulous planning, clear objectives, early start, rapid exit strategy. And communications blackout.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Hugo Boss stretch boxers.

They do good swim shorts as well.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • pblakeney
    Why do some women go swimming in full make up and hair do, then spend all their time trying to stay dry? My swimming instructor/life guard sister refers to them as turtles.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    Why do some women go swimming in full make up and hair do, then spend all their time trying to stay dry? My swimming instructor/life guard sister refers to them as turtles.
    Does the pool provide a sandpit for them to lay their eggs? If so, POIDH.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pblakeney
    Since you asked. But they are usually 30 years older and wrinkly (hence the turtle), in pairs, and bathed in cheap perfume before swimming. How could I have forgotten about the perfume? :cry:

12.jpg
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    Since you asked. But they are usually 30 years older and wrinkly (hence the turtle), in pairs, and bathed in cheap perfume before swimming. How could I have forgotten about the perfume? :cry:

12.jpg
    Thanks for the pic, I was hoping to see some egg-laying action. What kind of maniac applies perfume to swim? You need to move to the coast and swim in the sea. Plastic, oil chunks and turds are clearly the way forward...
    Ecrasez l’infame