'ning

déjà vu: ride, cafes, choc, cake, etc.

getting nippy again

if it's nice may make it a long one with a fry-up around the halfway mark
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good Morning, -3 here at the moment but with little wind, I’ve walked the dog, had breakfast, read the newspaper, having a coffee , just wondering what time to get out on the bike.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Feck it’s cold out there, I think it’s not a morning to be out early on the bike

Bit of work done this morning, gives me a free day. The plan is to go walking with the hound in church Stratton, so an opportunity to get a few miles in by meeting the family there. The only issue is the early onset of man flu.......
  • Why do people get up so early
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Why do people get up so early

Why do people get up so late?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

To meet your wife
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    No idea.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Stuff getting up early on the weekend, I can do loads of that in the week.

Chilly walk with Muttley, who is now kipping on the sofa next to me while I sup coffee. Now looking at options for an August holiday somewhere in banjo country - at least they will serve decent cider.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    TLW1 wrote:
    The only issue is the early onset of Liver Cirrhosis.......

FTFY.

Very cold. dry, crisp and sunny. Going to clear the decks whilst OH takes the toots swimming so that I can go pedalling tomorrow.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:

To meet your wife
    What, all of the early risers? Maybe 'Mrs. Sloppy' is an appropriate name.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I’m still dying to death of man flu, this must be a particularly strong form that would have killed a normal man well before now. Unfortunately this means I am suffering a long and drawn out deading. I’m bored shitless to say the least. Actually that’s probably the wrong thing to say, but that’s another story. More drugs please.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    windycold ride, pleasantly dry roads, seem weeks since getting back from a ride and not having to clean off loads of mud and cack, decided against the fry up and had eggs and salmon instead

no man flu, but a slight cough that i suspect is thanks to the diseased hordes in the gmc office last week, hoping it will not worsen, later i shall treat it with many green chillis
  • Stevo_666
    August holiday now sorted and a cottage in cider country awaits :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I’m still dying to death of man flu, this must be a particularly strong form that would have killed a normal man well before now. Unfortunately this means I am suffering a long and drawn out deading. I’m bored shitless to say the least. Actually that’s probably the wrong thing to say, but that’s another story. More drugs please.

You best get masturbating then.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

In Dorset?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

In Dorset?
    Devon.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Left at 8:36am for a club run. No club run. Did 76 miles without slipping. On strava nearly everyone fell. So how was I so lucky. Charmed I guess. Nippy not really it was above zero.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Chilly? Pffft! Hit 44 deg C here yesterday, not at all pleasant.

Have spent two days with seriously bad back and neck, and now I get to spend the next three days riding my motorcycle about 1300km all up. In more stinking hot weather. Ya-freakin-hoo.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    44? some sort of hat may be in order

at least you need not worry about wind chill
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Left at 8:36am for a club run. No club run. Did 76 miles without slipping. On strava nearly everyone fell. So how was I so lucky. Charmed I guess. Nippy not really it was above zero.
    Not sure if our last minute club run happened, I haven't seen any Stravas for it.

I had my heart set on a 50 mile blast instead. Yeah it was cold (around zero), there was ice on the mountain roads which wasn't nice but it was absolutely gorgeous outside and I think I've finally found a clothing system which doesn't result in me freezing to death after 20 miles.

Bit of a walk on the beach this afternoon, hot choc & pizza.
  • Wheelspinner
    sungod wrote:

Was a little toasty. Today is better, “only” low 30’s forecast.
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:

Your mention of motorbikes reminded me of this little gem from an Oz radio phone in show a few years back. I assume that Greenacre must be a bit like an Australian version of Alsager :)

https://youtu.be/2-zDkrcs1eg
  • Hello all and Happy New Year.
    Just to cheer you all up, my Manflu was worse than yours. Fact. Still bad now and trouble breathing. Good thing is the lung bogies are green and not grey. If this lasts three more weeks it could be a three-month lurg.
    At least you buggers are alive to cheer me up :roll:
    Now wanting to sleep until June and wake up to summer. And I'm off to a funeral tomorrow. Yay.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Is that even possible?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:

Is that even possible?!
    It's being so cheerful as wot keeps me going (as a wise woman said before me).
    Onwards and upwards Pinno, you know me.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Don't be a Jordan.

Be a Deanno.

My motto for 2018. Bring it on.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Don't be a Jordan.

Be a Deanno.

My motto for 2018. Bring it on.
    Que?
  • Stevo_666
    Hello all and Happy New Year.
    Just to cheer you all up, my Manflu was worse than yours. Fact. Still bad now and trouble breathing. Good thing is the lung bogies are green and not grey. If this lasts three more weeks it could be a three-month lurg.
    Now wanting to sleep until June and wake up to summer. And I'm off to a funeral tomorrow. Yay.
    Hi Sheridan :wink:

10_viz128_sheridan.jpg
  • You rotten bar steward Stevo. That nearly finished me off, what with the coughing and laughing. Nearly woke up wor lass, but some reason, what with me being really unwell and telling folk about it and everything, she wears ear plugs and didn't hear a thing. Unfeeling cow :lol:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    You rotten bar steward Stevo. That nearly finished me off, what with the coughing and laughing. Nearly woke up wor lass, but some reason, what with me being really unwell and telling folk about it and everything, she wears ear plugs and didn't hear a thing. Unfeeling cow :lol:
    The plan nearly worked then :twisted:
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

Your mention of motorbikes reminded me of this little gem from an Oz radio phone in show a few years back. I assume that Greenacre must be a bit like an Australian version of Alsager :)

https://youtu.be/2-zDkrcs1eg
    Not been to Alsager, but Greenacre is not glamorous by any means....