saturday in an alternate state of pineapple

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafes, choc, cake, etc.

dry roads would be sooooooooo nice, get home and not need to hose off the cack

mrs s still in da nang, recovering from saigon salmonella, i have been most sympathetic, today she will be seeing huế, huế? no huế, yes huế, etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good morning, dry but colder, shopping, ride, clean bike, pub a normal Saturday
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hound has been walked and now watching crap tv with the kids, before taking them into town for theatre club

Later is a few jobs and then over to some friends for a party, which the current wife says she isn't drinking too much........ she is funny
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just been for first ride in 6 weeks. errrrrrr lets not talk about it shall we?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1

25mph?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    TLW1 wrote:

25mph?

Yeah he smashed it. Sits around on the couch all day and still retains fitness. Like a cat*.

Me got toots me. OH off to a funeral. Must go charge the battery on the new older banger. Damn electric fans keeps kicking in for no apparent reason and draining the battery. Might be the 2" self tapper for the headlight cowling that I lost shorting some connection :oops: :roll:

It's dry, crisp, sunny, cold. Translated huế into... hue. Weird.

Laters.

*Just massage his ego and he'll not go silly and post strange, provocative stuff in other parts of the forum. I really must get that A3 poster of Nina in the post for him.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • 0 degrees, 15 mph North Easterly.

Football on tv.

Hmm
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Pinno wrote:
    Like a cat*.
    Is that cat 1, 2, 3, or 4?

Been round to collect some cash from one of my furniture sales and got free coffee into the bargain. Now have a load of jobs to work through. Cousins birthday party this evening but I have drive to get there.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Like a cat*.
    Is that cat 1, 2, 3, or 4?

Alley cats are graded?!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Still dying of man flu, have coughed up several lungs worth of nastiness. Another day of hiding is on the cards for me. Bored silly.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:

25mph?

28mph. 180 miles. 10 miles elevation. That's what I reckon.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:

That's a diesel AMG for you :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Afternoon

Little partly snowy ride around Llandegla this morning.
    Took the road bike in the car to clean all the crud off it to see if I can work out why after 300 miles it's stopped shifting on the rear.

Something tripped the RCD for half the house earlier, and everything on the other circuits was hissing and flickering. That's never happened before.

Just found a blackbird pulling all the moss out of the gutters and dropping it on the ground. Saves me going up to clean them I suppose.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

That's a diesel AMG for you :)
    cheeky twaaatt :)

But atwat with a great memory :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

25mph?

nearly.

31mph av

158 miles

7,591m elevation

7 Strava PB

9 KOM

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    I have just bpught a new pair ofblue suede Adidas Samba trainers, the emperor of trainers.

now eating panettone, cup of char, U2 With or without you on stereo. Chilled bliss.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    oh - ridiculosly pretty red head gave me a huge smile at Waitrose earlier.

probably out of sympathy or for a bet with one of her mates but fuggit, everthing is a win when you are my age.

unfinished symphony is now cranked up.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    oh - ridiculosly pretty red head gave me a huge smile at Waitrose earlier.

probably out of sympathy or for a bet with one of her mates but fuggit, everthing is a win when you are my age.

unfinished symphony is now cranked up.

Tune

Lucky man next? Or Radiohead with street spirit
  • Matthewfalle
    Must admit that I turned it off to listen to Final Score on 5 Live but will be going back on in about 10 mins. I'll keep you updated.

Its a new Spotify playlist that popped up this afternoon called "Your Timebox" or something - think its a list of your most played tracks or a selection of tracks from the genre/era of your most played tracks that the Spotify bots have picked up. Pretty good all round really. Very clever bit of botting by Spotify.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

25mph?

Yeah he smashed it. Sits around on the couch all day and still retains fitness. Like a cat*.

Me got toots me. OH off to a funeral. Must go charge the battery on the new older banger. Damn electric fans keeps kicking in for no apparent reason and draining the battery. Might be the 2" self tapper for the headlight cowling that I lost shorting some connection :oops: :roll:

It's dry, crisp, sunny, cold. Translated huế into... hue. Weird.

Laters.

*Just massage his ego and he'll not go silly and post strange, provocative stuff in other parts of the forum. I really must get that A3 poster of Nina in the post for him.

Actually throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart and my cat like retention of fitness. Especially my cat like retention of fitness. And being, like, really smart and my metal stability.

So there.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Yep, the last thing you need is metal fatigue.
  • Matthewfalle
    champagne and Primal Scream

currently a winning combo in the MF household.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Beer, rum, pizza and mermaids in the Hoppy household.
    Bought a vat of cheap degreaser. Going to clean the heck out of the bike tomorrow and shake my head and suck my teeth about my freehub.
    Should anyone ever find themselves hungry in Leytonstone, may I recommend a little restaurant called Mora? Had lunch there today. Amazing pasta. I had papardelle with wild boar ragu, really delicious. Others had clams, seafood stew, sausage ragu, tortellini. Excellent puddings too. Family run place, kid friendly. Sardinian. Short menu.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    hopkinb wrote:
    Beer, rum, pizza and mermaids in the Hoppy household.
    Bought a vat of cheap degreaser. Going to clean the heck out of the bike tomorrow and shake my head and suck my teeth about my freehub.
    Should anyone ever find themselves hungry in Leytonstone, may I recommend a little restaurant called Mora? Had lunch there today. Amazing pasta. I had papardelle with wild boar ragu, really delicious. Others had clams, seafood stew, sausage ragu, tortellini. Excellent puddings too. Family run place, kid friendly. Sardinian. Short menu.
    Restaurant menus make me laugh. “Wild boar”? Probably nice, but I bet it was more like free-range pork.

Or is there a big feral pig problem in the UK that is now turning into the restaurant supply business? :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    Certainly wasn't as gamey as cinghiale in Tuscany, but it had more heft than mere pork.
  • hopkinb
    I think they free range farm the boar. Not exactly wild, but close enough.
  • pinno
    That's funny, we had home made pizza and now we're tucking in to some Cava.

Yes, there are wild boars in the UK and they do the environment a lot of good.
  • Stevo_666
    Or is there a big feral pig problem in the UK that is now turning into the restaurant supply business? :D
    We do in the larger towns and cities on a Friday and Saturday night :)