Updated Zwift membership price

naavt
naavt Posts: 226
What do you guys think of a 50% price increase in Zwift membership?

I was almost taking the plunge when, after completing the creation of my account, I was surprised with a 14.99USD instead of the "old" 9.99USD membership.

I've put things on hold for now. I know that I'm only going to use it in winter time but nonetheless it seems a stretched out increase for the same service.

Eager to ear your thoughts on this.

Comments

• naavt
    naavt Posts: 226
    Thanks for the link
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Don't think of the increase. Ask yourself if the current price is worth it to you. I could have bought my house for a fraction of the cost once but no point dwelling on it.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    62% PRICE INCREASE !!!

Now thats a bit of a sting !
  • 62% PRICE INCREASE !!!

It's also the first price increase since incarnation. Think of the difference you're getting now compared to when they first introduced membership pricing and the early days of Watopia - or Jarvis! Masses of group rides, events, expansions, workout mode, group workout mode, running, etc. Then of course what's coming in the near future with the Leith Hill London expansion and a brand new map on the way also.

There's way more than 62% more content for your money.

At the end of the day it's like the price of a coffee or two a month.
  • Htclee
    Htclee Posts: 33
    Agreed.. Personally think even at £30 a month it would be good value, during the summer I still use Zwift a couple of times a week for structured training and over the winter it’s more like 4/5 times a week.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    When I joined I was surprised at how cheap it was. It seemed ridiculously low for what you can get from it.
  • Htclee wrote:
    Agreed.. Personally think even at £30 a month it would be good value, during the summer I still use Zwift a couple of times a week for structured training and over the winter it’s more like 4/5 times a week.

No, I would ditch it for something that just had the structured training (without the virtual worlds) if it went up too much more. I'm not bothered about what it looks like really when training, as long as it shows and regulates my power. The only unique selling point it has for me are the races which are good for making you push yourself extra hard when you want to.