thursday it's been a long year, may have peaked too soon

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie, laze around hotel, make diagrams and slides, meet colleague for lunch, head to punter of gmc, explain tinny/cloudy stuff, airport, home, tawny port
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, weather dreadful again rain and lots of it, quote to complete and submit,the highlight of today will be waiting for the postman with some goodies from Pactimo
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice start to the day as teenager who isn't acting like a teenager woke me up to go for a walk together with the hound

After two days of long commute and one planned for tomorrow today is WFH

Which means yesterday's postponed roller session may happen
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning,

No bike today, cba. It's only a little bit wet too. By 7am I'd already written today off.

Might take the afternoon off if things don't pick up around here.

At least it's Friday tomrorrow.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Mega hoolie here - silly windy. No riding - again. This is ridiculous.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TLW1 wrote:
    Nice start to the day as teenager who isn't acting like a teenager woke me up to go for a walk together with the hound
    Very nice, did you ask what they want? :wink:

Moaning folks,
    I think I'm dying to death with manflu. I tried to drown it in beer but failed so now have a mild hangover on top of it. Couldn't face wobbling in as breathing is hard enough when I'm not moving, this in spite of traffic being FUBAR last night and the drive home taking longer than walking would have done. If any of my colleagues bother turning up this morning I might give up and go home once I've sorted some stuff out. Just had another cup of tea delivered, things are looking up.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    The OH is taking the hound/cut foot/sock wearing thing very seriously so I have spent most of this morning trying to wrestle a kid's sock onto a labrador's foot, then wandering round outside of work looking for my waterproof sock which he mislaid on his travels, then wrestling a kid's sock onto his foot again.

Currently spinning out a really simple task that no one else in the company understands, might as well make a meal of it

Also considering getting a Tacx flow and zwift but I can't really see it helping the motivation
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Otter's pocket.

That is all.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb wrote:
    Otter's pocket.

That is all.

Concur, parked my automobile in a puddle this morning, soggy feet.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Step83 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Otter's pocket.

That is all.

Concur, parked my automobile in a puddle this morning, soggy feet.

:lol:
  • Just written a spread sheet of who owes me what for skiing. How full of fun is my life this week...

Didn't run last night, stuff, work, builders, work, gin, bed.

Might go tonight...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    HaydenM wrote:
    The OH is taking the hound/cut foot/sock wearing thing very seriously so I have spent most of this morning trying to wrestle a kid's sock onto a labrador's foot, then wandering round outside of work looking for my waterproof sock which he mislaid on his travels, then wrestling a kid's sock onto his foot again.
    My hound managed to tread on some broken glass on the verge last night while sniffing for a place to do a dump, but luckily no injury. That said he has managed to scratch his chin so much its's got scabs on it. Might have to go for the 'cone of shame' option.

Glad I'm not riding today, tomorrow looks much nicer. Currently wrestling with the joys of transfer pricing while consuming a bucket of soup and trying to sort my shoulder op.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Kids socks work better, anything like my old dog he kept licking it to death.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:

Currently spinning out a really simple task that no one else in the company understands, might as well make a meal of it

Also considering getting a Tacx flow and zwift but I can't really see it helping the motivation

WHEn The Hound slashed himself open on a stone wall I used a blast dressing. Oh how we laughed as he looked like something from Saving Private Ryan.

Hydrocolloid dressing will do the job - shave the surrounding area and apply dressing. They should be 10p or so from Boots. Shave surrounding area, apply dressing.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Very nice, did you ask what they want? :wink:

Obviously to spend time with me
  • Matthewfalle
    sitting in the car waiting for Bambina.

can't move my arms as have phukked them after manic weights sesh after too much coffee and pre work out stuff. Bambina will have to drive home.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    I had agreat start to the year, on Sunday, NewYear's Eve, I developed a raging toothache.

I spent today having it taken out. :(

The older I get, the better I was.

• Matthewfalle
    I still can’t move my arms properly.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    I went to Milton Keynes. Schools in Bucks have not gone back yet. Bloody L. Out.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just fitted new chain to turbo training bike. Think it’s done now and ready to be turbo trained on.

Arms still hurt.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Meh.
    Wet.
    Finished garage at PPP bar a smidge of paint.

Going to mates to talk about old new banger.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, booked a week in Cyprus before the school hordes break up and the screaming snot noses invade the Med 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yay, booked a week in Cyprus before the school hordes break up and the screaming snot noses invade the Med 8)

North or south?
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

North or south?
    South east. You familiar with it? We haven't been before so a bit of a punt.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

North or south?
    South east. You familiar with it? We haven't been before so a bit of a punt.

South years ago when my brother was over there, the north more recently on family holidays

So my drinking guide is probably limited to the north
  • Stevo_666
    No worries, we probably won't be straying far from Protaras to eat and drink.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Stropteen will be bored...

Unless she takes bf with her or you google some images of the sun tanned male talent on offer. You're good at that.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Unless she takes bf with her or you google some images of the sun tanned male talent on offer. You're good at that.
    She got dumped before Christmas. Beats being bored at home, so I expect no whingeing.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

She got dumped before Christmas. Beats being bored at home, so I expect no whingeing.

Tight git didn't want to fork out for Xmas pressie did he. Age old gambit.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Tight git didn't want to fork out for Xmas pressie did he. Age old gambit.

BF was in a predicament: Spend too much on a pressie and gf's father - 'the old man' may have thought him profligate or trying to purchase his daughters affection. Spend too little and 'the old man' may have thought his daughter was viewed as cheap and classless. Easiest way out - ditch her.
    So it was Stevo fault.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Been to Protaras twice and loved it. fig tree bay is beautiful and the main strip offers plenty of choice for mooching about and eating out. Pop in to Ayia Napa during the day and head for Nissi beach, the beach and waters are amazing.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי