Should I swap my Colnago CX for a Spesh Fatboy?

mpatts
mpatts Posts: 1,010
edited January 2018 in MTB general
I have a colnago cross which is surplus to requirements (I race CX, have 2 other CX bikes).

I have a requirement to pedal around the countryside with a bouncy child seat on the back. I have an ancient inbred which I've been doing it on. I borrowed a colleagues fatboy to do the same, it felt much more stable with the seat on and given I'm usually following my daugther and wife on horses up brickhill woods (sandy) I think it might be more suitable. He;s offered to do a straight swap with my race ready bike (which has 2 serts of wheels, one set are carbon tubs)

But, I have no idea if its a good idea or not. So I thought I'd ask some thoughts.

Let the procrastination end.
Insert bike here:

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    mpatts wrote:
    Seems a touch optimistic, you are more likely to get other ideas thrown around and come out of this more confused than you were in the first place.
    Wether it's a good deal or not depends on the spec of each. Spesh did a really quite tasty CF fat bike which I quite fancied in a depraved kind of way. If you have no use of the CX I'd say go for it.
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    Veronese68 wrote:
    mpatts wrote:
    Seems a touch optimistic, you are more likely to get other ideas thrown around and come out of this more confused than you were in the first place.
    Wether it's a good deal or not depends on the spec of each. Spesh did a really quite tasty CF fat bike which I quite fancied in a depraved kind of way. If you have no use of the CX I'd say go for it.

I am ever the optomist.

I don't know my XT from my Deore, so to be honest I can't speak to the spec of the Spesh, other than I think its likely a bit povery spec. I've arrange to swap for a week to see if he likes the CX and I like the fatty.
    Insert bike here:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    mpatts wrote:
    I don't know my XT from my Deore, so to be honest I can't speak to the spec of the Spesh, other than I think its likely a bit povery spec. I've arrange to swap for a week to see if he likes the CX and I like the fatty.
    XTR > XT > SLX > Deore in a Dura Ace > Ultegra > 105 > Tiagra fashion.
    Look at what both have sold for on the Bay, but maybe not that many completed listings for either as both are a bit niche.