11 speed flat bar shifters for Campagnolo

peregrine_falcon
peregrine_falcon Posts: 6
edited January 2018 in Workshop
Hello to all! First off all i would like to thank you for the great help that you gave me over the years (in fact this forum has so much information, i didn't even had to post until now, even though I follow it from quite some time)
I'm trying to convert a road bike into a more city friendly one. I can't seem to find any solution regarding the shifters. I want to switch to a flat bar, and I got the first generation Campagnolo Super Record 11 speed groupset. From what I understand, since the 11 speed, Shifters from Campy work with shimano cog spacing and vice-versa. But I m not sure if Shimano Shifters would work properly with campy derailleurs.
Also, i'm not sure wich flat bar shifters from Shimano are for road bike (i assume the 11 speed mtb have different spacing)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    you will a je tek shift mate to get flat bar 11 speed shimano shifters to work with campagnolo mechs/ the cable pull for the systems is not the same not even close.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • I just went to the shift mate website and read all the versions tables, and couldn't find any version that works for me. I only found ones for campagnolo Shifters and Shimano derailleur, not the other way around
  • Anyone have a different idea? :roll:
  • :mrgreen: No-one?
  • is this a joke question? :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • What is so funny?
  • Change both the shifters and rear derailleur. Something like set of Shimano RS700 shifters and a Shimano road derailleur such as the Ultegra 6800 - short or medium cage derailleur depending on whether you want a rear cog bigger than 28t.
  • Peregrine falcon
    Campag made a 10 speed flat bar shifter set for the Veloce group set, but this seems to be discontinued and is really hard to find new. AFAIK they have not made anything for 11 speed Group sets. I know of no after market options either.
    It seems if you really want to go flat bar you will have to change everything to Shimano or SRAM. As the others have said their flat bar shifters are not compatible with Campagnolo.
    Good luck and I would be interested to know if you do find a solution what it is.
  • You could improvise. Retrofit your flat bar and add a set of bar ends to your flat bars. Then put your ergos on the bar ends. Alternatively, use bull bars.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    or perhaps ditch the idea as not viable. As jtek dont make something you either have to make your own or see if jtek will do a special for a price.

Bull horns with bar end shifters is possibly a workaround and use brake levers that mount on bull horns.

Sero/STi wont mount on bar ends or flat bars. The bull bars will have to have a 22.2mm diameter where you need to clamp for them to mount on them and even if they did it would look/feel all wrong.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.