Swiss stop BXP Vs CHPII pads

sextoke1
sextoke1 Posts: 133
edited January 2018 in Workshop
I used the CHPII green rim pads on my Fulcrum Quatro wheels during the summer. They worked well on these rim. For the winter I put on a new set of Fulcrum racing 5 LG and I put on Swiss stop BXP pads on when I changed the rims. I have noticed on the rear that the pad seems to wear very fast and was not great. Any one with a better pad type?

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    gxp are listed as 20% reduction in stopping distance vs. ghp ii, the extra performance may come at the cost of faster wear

but it's unusual to have rear pads wearing fast, normally the front ones wear much faster

is the wheel rubbing on the pads?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sextoke1
    sextoke1 Posts: 133
    sungod wrote:
    gxp are listed as 20% reduction in stopping distance vs. ghp ii, the extra performance may come at the cost of faster wear

but it's unusual to have rear pads wearing fast, normally the front ones wear much faster

is the wheel rubbing on the pads?
    No, I run good clearance. Like my motorbike days, it is mostly front wheel braking. My roads are clean now with all the rain we have had, but the last few weeks I would have to wash the bike after each ride. My front blocks would always be clean, the rear ones would be dirty and the slots would be full of grim. My front forks would generally be clean enough, where as the area around the rear brakes, chain stays, seat stays would be a lot diriter. I ride with a mud guard in the winter ax well, just wondering if this makes it worse?
  • I'm running BXP blocks on mine and although they do work well they're wearing quickly. A lot of the lanes I use are really mucky, and with raceblades on it seems to concentrate the muck on the brakes. Fronts are fine and I use them most.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    sextoke1 wrote:
    No, I run good clearance. Like my motorbike days, it is mostly front wheel braking. My roads are clean now with all the rain we have had, but the last few weeks I would have to wash the bike after each ride. My front blocks would always be clean, the rear ones would be dirty and the slots would be full of grim. My front forks would generally be clean enough, where as the area around the rear brakes, chain stays, seat stays would be a lot diriter. I ride with a mud guard in the winter ax well, just wondering if this makes it worse?

are they wearing, or just dirty?

it's normal for the rear to get more crud on it than the front, it's more sheltered from airflow and there's more stuff there to catch spray, if roads are wet it's inevitable, full mudguards will keep it off the frame, partial mudguards will help a bit, but neither will prevent dirt building up on the brakes/wheels
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny