No call up to Zwift races and no other riders on course.

bjl
bjl Posts: 353
I entered a race on Zwift yesterday evening and this morning and both times have not been called to the race. I entered via the mobile link and it said I had joined as did the event bar on Zwift, I set a 15 minute reminder that never called either, as well as this there were no other riders around even though I was riding the scheduled course for the day. I have sent a support request to Zwift but don’t know how long they take to reply. Anyone had similar ?

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Thats classic poor network connectivity at home,symptom, not a Zwift issue as such.
    You dont need to be sat on top of your broadband router but you do need decent wifi signal to it.
    You need to analyse your setup to stop getting dropouts.
    Despite all the hype about home wifi routers being all powerful, , once you start putting walls and distance in place, you are likely to get issues and perhaps then start to need to inline repeaters etc.
  • bjl
    Thanks for reply, just been decorating and moved router, only a couple of feet, must have lost the “sweet spot” location , Zwift support have responded and said to uninstall , then re-install the app. Try again this evening, hopefully ok.
  • bjl
    Managed a quick one lap of Richmond flat course, so, ok now, cheers .
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    perhaps they were all out riding?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Yep that's most definitely a loss of WiFi/network connection. Also if you're riding around and suddenly all the other riders disappear that's indicative of a network connection dropout on your end.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    However, tonight is an example of when Zwift can have issues.. over 6000 'riders' on the course and a bit of a load on the infrastructure where lots of people reporting loss of rider visibility etc .
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    New year resolutions ?

Didn't see any issues apart from the scheduled power levels and timings weren't showing on the session tonight. Booo.
  • cougie wrote:
    New year resolutions ?

Didn't see any issues apart from the scheduled power levels and timings weren't showing on the session tonight. Booo.

I had this last night too, joined the zwift workout in plenty of time, warmed up in the holding pen as usual, but when the workout started and the riders where released I had no workout/power time schedule and Erg mode wasn't functioning meaning I could power away from the rest of the peleton. I bailed out in the end and joined the CLS High n low group ride, which was a great workout in the end.
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube