sunday is bubbly day

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, roads will of course be wet again, grrr

coffee some cake

it's peaceful here, mrs s in saigon now (i know the commies think they changed the name, but it's saigon, it just is), scheduled to sweep north and take hanoi within days, more than the us/french ever managed

bubbly later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry here but blowing a gale, no Cycling today, out for lunch then getting ready for this evenings party.
    A happy new year to you all
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Absolutely hissing down again. Now getting depressed about it.

Have texted mates to see if they are heading out riding but if it wasn’t for the fact that I need miles in the legs I’d be happy to go to the gym.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Not raining here, but blowing a gale

Now bikes as I’m meeting a pal for a decent trail run. Then off to town to buy a smoke machine if I can work out how to deactivate the smoke alarm.

Later is a few in the local, obviously just for the ice we need for the party. Then we have a house full
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:

Now bikes as I’m meeting a pal for a decent trail run. Then off to town to buy a smoke machine if I can work out how to deactivate the smoke alarm.

Later is a few in the local, obviously just for the ice we need for the party. Then we have a house full

Just deactivate it using a hammer then hit the remains with another hammer before setting fire to it and throwing it into next door’s garden.

It’s not a proper party unless the house gets so badly trashed that you have to hit it with a hammer and burn it down before throwing it into next door’s garden anyway.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TLW1 wrote:

Just deactivate it using a hammer then hit the remains with another hammer before setting fire to it and throwing it into next door’s garden.

It’s not a proper party unless the house gets so badly trashed that you have to hit it with a hammer and burn it down before throwing it into next door’s garden anyway.

The problem is they are having a party tomorrow, so it could all end up back here, plus their alarm
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

The problem is they are having a party tomorrow, so it could all end up back here, plus their alarm

Then just have a bigger party the next day and return it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svTuSRiFPoc

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158

Then just have a bigger party the next day and return it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svTuSRiFPoc
    He should have a party like this to make you jealous

https://youtu.be/QpsZQ_8MOSw
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

ride, roads will of course be wet again, grrr

coffee some cake

it's peaceful here, mrs s in saigon now (i know the commies think they changed the name, but it's saigon, it just is), scheduled to sweep north and take hanoi within days, more than the us/french ever managed

bubbly later

Isn't she a bit late for that party? Did she take some napalm with her to cook any jack knifed Buffalo down in case they impeded her progress?

I haven't much to say so i'm not going to say it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Shopping done, washing done, hound let off the leash in the park (almost caught a dopey squirrel); now got sausages n mash on the go for lunch. May go for a run later then will be ignoring the New Year forced merriment.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Done and dusted, now back home letting the eardrums ringing settle down before I head off to bed. Happy New Year BB!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Happy New Year Spinner!
    Family are getting cabin fever. Me and the dog did 6 miles in the mud on the common so we're tired. Might have to take mini out on her scooter as she's driving me nuts, though it's just started bloody raining again. It seems to have been a wet winter so far.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Happy New Year wheelspinner!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • HNY BBer's

Another year gone, act accordingly
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    The depressing thing is that the year 2000 was 18 years ago! Who stole the last 18years! We're all speeding towards the grave at an alarming rate :( Anyway, Happy New Year everyone :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    The depressing thing is that the year 2000 was 18 years ago! Who stole the last 18years! We're all speeding towards the grave at an alarming rate :( Anyway, Happy New Year everyone :D

NYD. Another year closer to dying.

Anyhow, have a spiffing NYE BBers. Here’s to a chaotic 2018.

nina_get_building_titles.jpg

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Pinno wrote:
    :shock: is that going to be your new year’s resolution? We live in hope.
    Happy new year folks.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    judging by the sudden barrage of texts, mrs s has necked too much bubbly in saigon, getting maudlin 7 hours ahead, only spooky knows what it's costing, i suspect it's extortionate there

i on the other hand am on the first bottle of the evening

must head off now

chin chin and happy new year to all, except brexiters, they can carry on chugging bucky until their inevitable vomit induced asphyxiations :D
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    :shock: is that going to be your new year’s resolution? We live in hope.
    Happy new year folks.
    :D

Happy New Year All...
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    judging by the sudden barrage of texts, mrs s has necked too much bubbly in saigon, getting maudlin 7 hours ahead, only spooky knows what it's costing, i suspect it's extortionate there

i on the other hand am on the first bottle of the evening

must head off now

chin chin and happy new year to all, except brexiters, they can carry on chugging bucky until their inevitable vomit induced asphyxiations :D

Nah - it's Vietnam. Cheap as.

Tell her to get on the Bia Hoi. Rockin'.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Long time no see Meanredspider!
  • hopkinb
    Massive glass of very cold gin with a teaspoon of Noilly Prat in it. Nocellara olive on a toothpick in it. Little dish of salted almonds. Lovely.
  • hopkinb
    Just going to slice a bit of salami too.
    Kids are still up.
    As they say; FML.
  • pinno
    Have a happy new year you lot.

'FML'?
  • hopkinb
    Fark my life Pinno.
    Normally annotated to some pifflingly unimportant, slightly inconvenient event, as was mine!
  • Now a (painfully) bright morning...Cup of tea done. There had been mumbles of the former tradition of an early round of golf being revived, but too late, gotta be there by 6am to beat the crowds. Maybe next year.

Today will therefore entail 3/5 of 5/8 of sod all.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Fark my life Pinno.
    Normally annotated to some pifflingly unimportant, slightly inconvenient event, as was mine!

Sometimes those inconvenient events are trivial and although insignificant are just part of the normal rhythm of life and there's a strange comfort to be found in that.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    hopkinb wrote:
    Massive glass of very cold gin with a teaspoon of Noilly Prat in it. Nocellara olive on a toothpick in it. Little dish of salted almonds. Lovely.

Nice,i also enjoy a Djinn now n again.